Trey Patterson to announce June 18th | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Trey Patterson to announce June 18th

Status
Not open for further replies.

YearoftheHusky

Name checks out.
Reaction Score
Damn. Sometimes some of us can’t be objective. We have a great history. We are on the rise again. But, we are also the ‘new’ kid on the block that is coming out of a terrible time in a mid major conference. Let’s not be pompous jerks. Hurley has recruited well. So have others and I have no issue acknowledging that. After all, at the end of the season, there’s not a trophy for best recruiting class, so save everyone the pissing match. Let’s enjoy this!

Reaction Score
Wright, Woj, Cooley, DH

I understand you have to say Cooley because that’s where your allegiance lies, but in no way since Hurley has taken over UConn has Ed been a better recruiter and that’s not a trend you’re going to see let up.

Ed has taken full advantage on the recruiting trail being in the Big East while UConn wallowed in the AAC. That time is over. Providence will suffer the most with UConn joining the NBE and Ed knows that, being the most outspoken about the Huskies coming on board because his gravy train is dried up.

Reaction Score
Wright, Woj, Cooley, DH
ed's median recruiting class rank over the past 8 seasons is 48.5 (85,120, 21, 21, 46, 66, 20, 51).

hurley's is 56.5 (20, 18, 50, 139, 80, 115, 63, 63) with 6 of those seasonscoming in the A10!

and i dont wanna hear about the ability to develop 2 stars cause that strategy obviously isnt working out for ya. but then again, landing 3 top 25 classes didnt seem to work either....

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I understand you have to say Cooley because that’s where your allegiance lies, but in no way since Hurley has taken over UConn has Ed been a better recruiter and that’s not a trend you’re going to see let up.

Ed has taken full advantage on the recruiting trail being in the Big East while UConn wallowed in the AAC. That time is over. Providence will suffer the most with UConn joining the NBE and Ed knows that, being the most outspoken about the Huskies coming on board because his gravy train is dried up.
Of course I have to say Cooley, but the recruiting battles should be fun.

Reaction Score
ed's median recruiting class rank over the past 8 seasons is 48.5 (85,120, 21, 21, 46, 66, 20, 51).

hurley's is 56.5 (20, 18, 50, 139, 80, 115, 63, 63) with 6 of those seasonscoming in the A10!

and i dont wanna hear about the ability to develop 2 stars cause that strategy obviously isnt working out for ya. but then again, landing 3 top 25 classes didnt seem to work either....
2/3 stars- Bryce Cotton, Ladonte Henton, Kyron Cartwright, Rodney Bullock, Maliek White, Kalif Young, I may be missing a few more but all those players took big steps especially cotton and Henton and became star players or solid contributors. PC tends to stink it up early and win late in the since Cooley has been the coach. Some in game adjustments came be worked on, but I can say the same for DH. I feel as a PC fan we earn the right to trash talk( also understand we need to get to the second weekend and beyond) 5 straight trips to the NCAA and a BE championship in Cooley 2nd yr, I say is okay, but have to stay consistent, finish in the top 3 in the BE and get further in the tourney, but for now I'll keep the trash talk at a minimum.

Reaction Score
Stop that....hate Woj but he brings in talent. PC loaded with 4 stars, Xavier loaded with 4 stars and Nova of course. The recruits look good on paper for UConn, but who is the odd man out and who is transferring. I forgot about Butler, they recruit high level 3 star guys(5 this yr) which 3 should be players by their junior yr, Scooby by his second yr. UConn looks good on paper, but let's stop with DH as the second best recruiter.

These recruiting classes have rankings. Hurley is a better recruiter than Woj, Steele, or Jordan, and lmfao of course he's better than Ed Cooley. Stop embarrassing yourself.

Reaction Score
These recruiting classes have rankings. Hurley is a better recruiter than Woj, Steele, or Jordan, and lmfao of course he's better than Ed Cooley. Stop embarrassing yourself.
Who cares about rankings and everything top 100 does plan not pan out.
Who cares about rankings,
Embarrassing myself how.......your first yr back in the BE after sucking in the AAC, all I'm saying is Woj, Steele/Mack, Cooley and wright were bringing high level recruits in. Congrats 2 good classes in a row

Reaction Score

Embarrassing myself how.......your first yr back in the BE after sucking in the AAC, all I'm saying is Woj, Steele/Mack, Cooley and wright were bringing high level recruits in. Congrats 2 good classes in a row
If you don’t care about rankings why did you bring it up in the first place lol

Reaction Score
Game 1 stats:

18 PTS
14 REB
4 AST

8 TO
STL
2 BLK

8/15 fg
1/2 3FG
1/3 FT

For the season he averaged... Friend from jersey texted me this. No idea where the #s come from.

19.8 pts
10.1 reb
2.3 ast

1.3 blk
1.9 stl

-Good looking stroke. Pull up looks beautiful. Good catch n shoot too. I would like to see him have permission to TAKE a heck of a lot more from his coach.
-Biggest guy on his team so kind of forced to play the post.
-Not super comfortable handling the ball vs pressure. Turned it over a bunch in the first half. Including a stupid double dribble. Potential is there though--can dribble with left and right and brings the ball up quite a few times.
- Seems to pass well when stuck in the middle of the press. Not super comfortable pivoting like a guard, but definitely a + at 6’8 210lbs
- Has a decent drive in transition. Didn’t flash it in the ½ court
-His game is almost the opposite of Andre’s. His style seems very refined. Much less flash. He definitely isn’t as good of a passer or ballhandler, but he seems to have a high IQ. Knows where to be on the court. I’d expect high shooting %s on low usage from him eventually, but based on this performance not the kind of guy to lead the team in scoring every night. Kind of a really high end “system” player
- defensive potential is really evident. Could defend 2-4 easily with some practice at the higher level
- Doesn’t play selfish at all. Not a big assist guy this game, but moved the ball well inside out and didn’t let it stick in his hands
- Pretty good outlet passer. Really like his ability to get boards and either hit ahead or escape dribble it out and up
- Started the 2nd half with like 5 rebounds in a row. Team went on a run. Pretty noticeable that they were playing as well as he did overall
- Fundamentally sound rebounder. Not just outjumping guys (which he probably could’ve in this game)

He is definitely more of a PF than a SF right now. Pieces are all there though.

Thanks for the summary good stuff 429. What I read overall is he's a good basketball player who can help in a couple of positions. Also can play at the same time as similar position players due to that so I'm all on with the Huskies getting players like this.

Reaction Score
You'll be fine. Some are less understanding than others. I certainly understand I was banned from the PC board I think before we won a national title. LOL

That old PC board got pretty crazy 15-20 years ago. Then there was the UMess board during the years that Calhoun "was scared to play Calipari". ;)

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score

If we can't use the rankings, then how do we evaluate who the better recruiter is?

Reaction Score
If you don’t care about rankings why did you bring it up in the first place lol
I never brought up rankings, another poster did. I was saying BE has been bringing in 4 and 5 stars since UConn left and pump the brakes on DH being the second best recruiter. As a PC fan I hate to say it, but Woj brings them in and would be the second best even if he is a crappy coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom