Trey Patterson to announce June 18th | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Trey Patterson to announce June 18th

Status
Not open for further replies.

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
If UConn is good, it's good for college basketball and the conference. I'm interested to see how you guys play against Butler and Creighton.

Historically speaking, I've enjoyed watching UConn play Butler. Gritty.

Reaction Score
I know I should trust Hurley but I can’t help feel a tinge of worry when I see how quickly these 21 recruits are coming off the board. With 3-5 potential scholarships opening up next year. Probably PTSD.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
I know I should trust Hurley but I can’t help feel a tinge of worry when I see how quickly these 21 recruits are coming off the board. With 3-5 potential scholarships opening up next year. Probably PTSD.
Half the rivals 150 have committed or reclassed to 2020 already. We need to pick up the pace.

Reaction Score
Half the rivals 150 have committed or reclassed to 2020 already. We need to pick up the pace.

I’d expect us to sign 3 high schoolers and then figure out the rest in the spring. Under the new rules, it makes sense to leave a spot or two open for potential transfers in the spring.

We seem to be in a pretty solid spot for 7-8 guys. Not necessarily their top choice, but in the top 4-5. Let’s let Danny do his job this summer and come out of it with 3 of these guys.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'm not gonna start worrying until the recruits we're after start commiting elsewhere. People were saying the same thing last year and look how it ended up

Reaction Score
I'm not gonna start worrying until the recruits we're after start commiting elsewhere. People were saying the same thing last year and look how it ended up
True. I also realize it doesn’t make any sense after landing all the guys I wanted this year. Maybe it’ll take a few cycles to fade that anxiety.

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
Definitely, it's a rock fight when you play Butler.

Its also a rock fight playing UConn, Cuz...you'll be reminded of that soon enough...

Reaction Score
i hear ya but at the same time only 4 recruits that hurley's offered have already committed elsewhere and Tyler Phommachanh could be the first priority target (patterson/allen/keels/ellis/longino/hawkins/diggins/blakes/johnson) to commit elsewhere.

where are you getting 5 spots tho? i really want BA back as a senior. he and cole would be the only seniors on the team and i'm highly skeptical we could get 5 recruits better than a senior BA.

i'd like to see 3 spots filled between now and next spring, saving bouk's scholly for transfer and reclass options next summer assuming he declares for the draft.

Last edited:

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
I liked the outcome.....but can’t say that game was enjoyable to watch. 99.95% of the nation must have been like ???
Yeah that game was tough to sit through. With Hoosiers being one of my favorite movies, I'll probably be making a road trip out there to Hinkle Fieldhouse when we play them.

Reaction Score
I feel like it's Deja Vu all over again. Some worried about the 2020 class also and especially about getting big. I think we ended up amazingly well.

Reaction Score
i hear ya but at the same time only 4 recruits that hurley's offered have already committed elsewhere and Tyler Phommachanh could be the first priority target (patterson/allen/keels/ellis/longino/hawkins/diggins/blakes/johnson) to commit elsewhere.

where are you getting 5 spots tho? i really want BA back as a senior. he and cole would be the only seniors on the team and i'm highly skeptical we could get 5 recruits better than a senior BA.

i'd like to see 3 spots filled between now and next spring, saving bouk's scholly for transfer and reclass options next summer assuming he declares for the draft.
Well I’m thinking 5 max possible. With 4 likely. That’s all true, it just boils my blood seeing the success Syracuse has had recently with early recruits committing. That said the guy I wanted most for 2021 Sanogo is actually coming in a year earlier. No complaints honestly. We need to have some winning seasons likely before we start to land recruits years in advance. We’ve done more with last years success than really anyone could have hoped for.

Reaction Score
That was a fun time. The Hurley and co can’t recruit and we’re going to be left with nobody thread. Looking back now hilarious

Reaction Score
Well I’m thinking 5 max possible. With 4 likely. That’s all true, it just boils my blood seeing the success Syracuse has had recently with early recruits committing. That said the guy I wanted most for 2021 Sanogo is actually coming in a year earlier. No complaints honestly. We need to have some winning seasons likely before we start to land recruits years in advance. We’ve done more with last years success than really anyone could have hoped for.

Early verbals boils your blood? Not the class as a whole at the end of the day?

You need medication, because I guaranty you that Hurley isn't recruiting to get verbals early -- he's recruiting to build the best team he can.

Reaction Score
he's referring to the verbal sewer-cuse just got from a 2021 top 50 player. benny williams is their highest rated recruit since 2016 and a great start to their class so yeah that's annoying.

no one's saying they want hurley to load up on 2 and 3 star players before august just to get it over with.

Last edited:

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Look at where we are all of a sudden. In 3 of the last 4 seasons we went 46-52 in the AAC. Last season was 19-12. Now look at the schools we're competing with for these kids. Seems pretty damned impressive what DH and his coaches have done so far. Give them a successful year or two in the BigEast. You guys that are starting to second guess, and groan that DH and Co fell asleep about out-year recruiting are simply ridiculous.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

You need medication, because I guaranty you that Hurley isn't recruiting to get verbals early -- he's recruiting to build the best team he can.
Yes...any success when it comes to Syracuse tends to irk me. Not sure which medication would keep that from happening but I’ll ask my wife. She’s a pharmacist. I feel like if I posted “I like basketball”. someone would find a way to take it as a criticism.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Right? I understand that a nice early commit takes some pressure off but worrying about who other teams sign is not healthy.

Reaction Score
Yes...any success when it comes to Syracuse tends to irk me. Not sure which medication would keep that from happening but I’ll ask my wife. She’s a pharmacist. I feel like if I posted “I like basketball”. someone would find a way to take it as a criticism.
If you say water is wet on here someone would argue you are wrong. You can't please everyone. You just have to accept that to be on a forum like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom