Tremont Waters | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Tremont Waters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Is Ohio St more attractive than UConn? I guess the B10 is nice, and Matta has a resume.

Reaction Score
I thought Matta's seat was.getting warm after a tough year with a bunch of transfers?

Bingo.

"I [will] most definitely take time to look at the coaching standpoint," [Waters] told reporters at the Barclays Center, "because going into Georgetown before, I didn't really look at how the coaches were being talked about. I heard about [John Thompson III] being fired, but I didn't really listen to it."

Source: On The Fly: Tremont Waters Seeking Stability

If you think KO is on the hot seat right now, Thad Matta is in Dante's Inferno.

Reaction Score
Bingo.

"I [will] most definitely take time to look at the coaching standpoint," [Waters] told reporters at the Barclays Center, "because going into Georgetown before, I didn't really look at how the coaches were being talked about. I heard about [John Thompson III] being fired, but I didn't really listen to it."

Source: On The Fly: Tremont Waters Seeking Stability

If you think KO is on the hot seat right now, Thad Matta is in Dante's Inferno.

Well that's good, because otherwise Ohio St. would have looked like the perfect opportunity for him. Big stage, good school, lots of playing time.

Reaction Score
If we can't seal the deal with Waters and miss on another kid out our own backyard, who plays a position Ollie is supposedly known for developing, it should be quite obvious that the "glory days" of UConn basketball are officially over.

Reaction Score
If we can't seal the deal with Waters and miss on another kid out our own backyard, who plays a position Ollie is supposedly known for developing, it should be quite obvious that the "glory days" of UConn basketball are officially over.

Wow I missed this one before I tried to push you back to the ladies board. This recruitment has little to do with who earned this as a win, remember we already lost to GTown where were you then? So get the facts straight on this before you spout crap off, you really look foolish.

Reaction Score
Wow I missed this one before I tried to push you back to the ladies board. This recruitment has little to do with who earned this as a win, remember we already lost to GTown where were you then? So get the facts straight on this before you spout crap off, you really look foolish.

Didn't we have MAL then........when we lost to Georgetown??

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
with so many moving parts and trying to read a teenagers mind, never mind his father's, this post is total BS

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
I think most of us have been this way at one point, this offseason.

No UCONN fan has anything to answer for regarding any level of substance abuse partaken, following the most recent past football and basketball seasons. The women's team even lost a game, for cripesakes.

Reaction Score
Four Top 40 recruits remain undecided on the final day of the Late Signing Period

Tremont Waters, Notre Dame (New Haven, Conn.), PG

The Breakdown: Waters is a crafty floor general with limitless range and the ability to create shots for himself and his teammates. Waters was originally signed to Georgetown, but received his release last month after John Thompson III was fired.

Waters and Co. have been radio silent in regards to his recruitment since receiving his release. Duke was potentially an option before the Blue Devils got a commitment from No. 1 overall point guard Trevon Duval last week. The Hoyas are still pursuing Waters, who is ranked No. 32 overall, but Creighton, Western Kentucky and Connecticut are believed to have the edge at this point.

Reaction Score
with so many moving parts and trying to read a teenagers mind, never mind his father's, this post is total *** BS

What does this even mean? You can either recruit or you can't!

Reaction Score

What facts did I get wrong before "you push me back to the ladies board"?

Reaction Score
What facts did I get wrong before "you push me back to the ladies board"?

All of them. Waters is not a recruitment you can measure the impact of a coach and his ability at this time, just read the thread and the papers. Good enough answer? Do I win, you return back there because you bring nothing but pessimism on every reply.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I'm actually surprised that he has been this reclusive with recruiting. It's refreshing.

Most kids love the limelight - televised signing days, social media posts, interviews, etc. Although he's like indirectly attracting attention from odd places like the BY, Iowa, and Western KY.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
What does this even mean? You can either recruit or you can't!

LOL. Cause 17 year old kids with helicopter parents are rational. Some may want promises, some may want their arse kissed, some may wanted to be The Man, some may want money, you never know. All of that is independent of ability to recruit.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I'm actually surprised that he has been this reclusive with recruiting. It's refreshing.

Most kids love the limelight - televised signing days, social media posts, interviews, etc. Although he's like indirectly attracting attention from odd places like the BY, Iowa, and Western KY.

By all accounts, he's a great kid. Which is why it's annoying when message boarders rip him. No idea about the father, but I'm not a fan of his methods.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
By all accounts, he's a great kid. Which is why it's annoying when message boarders rip him. No idea about the father, but I'm not a fan of his methods.
Looking out for the best interest of his kid. Can't knock him for that. Whether he has alternative motives remains to be seen.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Looking out for the best interest of his kid. Can't knock him for that. Whether he has alternative motives remains to be seen.

Don't fault him for that, but if some of the stories are true, I'm still not a fan (looking for promises of shots per game, etc).

Reaction Score
All of them. Waters is not a recruitment you can measure the impact of a coach and his ability at this time, just read the thread and the papers. Good enough answer? Do I win, you return back there because you bring nothing but pessimism on every reply.

I don't have to read anything. I personally know the kid and am good friends with Jason Shea who was his coach at NDWH. Am I privy to everything involving his recruitment? No, but I am aware of a lot more that has been put in papers or the so called "experts". So no you don't win. Honestly not a whole lot of reason for optimism with this program.

Reaction Score
I don't have to read anything. I personally know the kid and am good friends with Jason Shea who was his coach at NDWH. Am I privy to everything involving his recruitment? No, but I am aware of a lot more that has been put in papers or the so called "experts". So no you don't win. Honestly not a whole lot of reason for optimism with this program.
I guess we should just fold it up then and put the money into women's volleyball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom