Tremont Waters doesn't want to go to Georgetown | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Tremont Waters doesn't want to go to Georgetown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Yes but as Matrim points put we didn't go hard after him. Losing Myles Powell to Seton Hall hurts as well, kid is going to he very good.
Yup. And I'll call it now: We're going to lose Jalen Carey to Seton Hall as well. They're offering him all the playing time in the world.

Reaction Score
They missed missed on one and the other will not be nearly as good as colson. The staff has not been killing it in recognizing talent see Bruce brown as another example.
They flat out blew it on Colson and Bruce Brown. Both wanted to come here.

Reaction Score
Dude why don't you go coach some where since your so good at evaluating talent. And who said brown wanted to come here.
Don't get involved when you don't know what you're talking about. Brown is Jalen's cousin and wanted to come here, we backed off and basically stopped recruiting him.

Reaction Score
Don't get involved when you don't know what you're talking about. Brown is Jalen's cousin and wanted to come here, we backed off and basically stopped recruiting him.
You're not Bruce brown you have no idea what he wanted to do.

Reaction Score
We're too loaded for him, I would think. Especially considering Vital's growth and development.

Well we only have 4 guards total and definitely could use another, but you're right considering the 5 would all be pretty high-caliber and expect playing time.

Reaction Score
You're not Bruce brown you have no idea what he wanted to do.
Bruce Brown himself was asking the UConn staff to continue recruiting him but stick with talking about stuff you have no clue about, it really adds a lot.

Reaction Score
JC blew it with Austin Croshere, Bobby Sura, Ryan Gomes...blah blah blah...and he did get Emeka Okafor because Stanford didn't want him I mean this is a game which these coaches play. You get some right you get some wrong.

Would've loved Bonzie but ...next!

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
They flat out blew it on Colson and Bruce Brown. Both wanted to come here.

Brown compounds the Diallo debacle.

They would have take Brown in '15 if he reclassified, but didn't want to take him in '16 because they were going all in on Diallo and didn't want anything to discourage him.

That was just disastrous strategy and another reason why we need to consider more changes to the staff.

Reaction Score
Brown compounds the Diallo debacle.

They would have take Brown in '15 if he reclassified, but didn't want to take him in '16 because they were going all in on Diallo and didn't want anything to discourage him.

That was just disastrous strategy and another reason why we need to consider more changes to the staff.

Wow lots of sense to be made of this. Yikes, there's a daily double loser.

Reaction Score
Watching the end of the UA and Ducks game reminded me that Jordan Bell also seemed to be a UConn lean after his visit? He would've been a wonderful 4/5.

Hindsight's great!;)

Reaction Score
Joey from hillhouse completely out played him in my opinion. You agree?

I saw that game as well. Joe Kasperzyk is a good player and a hell of a competitor but Waters is much more refined. Either way, both will have a lot of success in college. The CIAC has some really nice talent this year.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Jordan Bell is the result of us dealing with the APR bullspit.

UConn just straight could not offer him a scholarship. He had academic problems that were solvable, but as you say, APR bullspit made that too dicey here. If they could have offered, he'd be here.

I think he entered Oregon late as a result of some of those issues.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
Don't forget Diallo probably affecting David Beatty, too. I'd rather have that bird in the hand.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
UConn just straight could not offer him a scholarship. He had academic problems that were solvable, but as you say, APR bullspit made that too dicey here. If they could have offered, he'd be here.

I think he entered Oregon late as a result of some of those issues.

That's very interesting for all of those people who deny the APR shouldn't be an excuse for UConn and Ollie. I mean he's a better coach if Jordan Bell in on the roster immediately, a 4/5 who knows how to play the game and more than likely puts the big guy we've need to play too may minutes exactly where he belongs as a back up. Damn I wish I hadn't thought about that now it bothers me.

H

huskymagic

For every Ryan Gomes or Brandon Jennings Calhoun missed on he got Emeka Okafors and Kemba Walkers.

For every Colson, Bruce Brown, Diamond Stone, and Hami Diallo missed on he gets a Carlton, Samuel. a Purvis, a Polley.
Not the same caliber replacement.

Our recruiting has been overrated to say the least outside of the guard position.

PS: We better hope that Durham gets stronger and Mamdou can play as advertised.

PS: Regarding Tremont I have seen him play and he is very good. Too much baggage with him and his father however. He wants to be the guy and he won't be at UCONN. Not to mention that if you get him you would have to cut ties with Alterique. That's the only way you take him.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
For every Ryan Gomes or Brandon Jennings Calhoun missed on he got Emeka Okafors and Kemba Walkers.

For every Colson, Bruce Brown, Diamond Stone, and Hami Diallo missed on he gets a Carlton, Samuel. a Purvis, a Polley.

Our recruiting has been overrated to say the least outside of the guard position.

PS: Regarding Tremont I have seen him play and he is very good. Too much baggage with him and his father however. He wants to be the guy and he won't be at UCONN. Not to mention that if you get him you would have to cut ties with Alterique. That's the only way you take him.

Every time I read your posts I make a mental note to find a Reddit style post rating system for the boneyard.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score

Cherry picking names to try and fit an argument.........................
and
JC had how many years vs KO???

Your posts crack me up

Reaction Score
I hate to see people saying that guys like Carlton and Polley are subpar when they haven't even played here yet. Based on that line of thought, I wish Emeka and Lamb never came here because they weren't any good.

These are the same people complaining we should have went after Colson but would have been putting up a stink if we did because he was in the 150 ranking range

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom