Tremont Waters doesn't want to go to Georgetown | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Tremont Waters doesn't want to go to Georgetown

Status
Not open for further replies.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
Maybe he'd redshirt if nobody has playing time readily available? I know I know it'll never happen, but it's not like he's a 1-done anyway.
How many under 6' players have been one and done?

QDOG5

Reaction Score
I'm going to go with none.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
How many under 6' players have been one and done?
See this here everyone?

This post is literally what I mean about perception and casual fan impressions. This kid has made zero indications about going to Duke, and Duke has made zero indications about going hard after this kid lately. Yet the first thing people think when they see Waters' name and the word Duke is "is this kid a one and done?"

Immediately you perceive a kid you haven't seen play a second to be much better than he is, and it happens to lots of casual fans because thats the way the media has framed the discussion. And then we wonder why we cant land a kid who also has a Duke or Kentucky offer, because just signing that LOI instantly makes you somehow seem better than you were the day before you signed. All this over a kid who is probably the furthest thing from a one and done in reality, he will be an elite 4 year guy. /rant

Reaction Score
See this here everyone?

This post is literally what I mean about perception and casual fan impressions. This kid has made zero indications about going to Duke, and Duke has made zero indications about going hard after this kid lately. Yet the first thing people think when they see Waters' name and the word Duke is "is this kid a one and done?"

Immediately you perceive a kid you haven't seen play a second to be much better than he is, and it happens to lots of casual fans because thats the way the media has framed the discussion. And then we wonder why we cant land a kid who also has a Duke or Kentucky offer, because just signing that LOI instantly makes you somehow seem better than you were the day before you signed. All this over a kid who is probably the furthest thing from a one and done in reality, he will be an elite 4 year guy. /rant

The premise from which the conversation began was explicitly that he's not a one and done. Beyond that little caveat: nailed it.

BUConn10

Reaction Score
The premise from which the conversation began was explicitly that he's not a one and done. Beyond that little caveat: nailed it.
Can't tell if you are being sarcastic but I must have missed the opening premise in question. Once the talk shifted to Duke on this page I wasnt surprised to see someone seriously ask if 5' 9" Tremont Waters will be going to the NBA after a year or not.

Reaction Score
There are quite a few teams that will be looking for a pg next year, Uconn is not one of them so I fully doubt he comes to Uconn.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Can't tell if you are being sarcastic but I must have missed the opening premise in question. Once the talk shifted to Duke on this page I wasnt surprised to see someone seriously ask if 5' 9" Tremont Waters will be going to the NBA after a year or not.

No, he wasn't being sarcastic. You misread QDOG's post, and responded to something that nobody said. Huskyforlife said "it's not like [Waters is] one and done" and QDOG simply asked whether any really short players had ever been a one-and-done. Not a single person in this thread or, to my knowledge, anywhere else on the BY has thought Waters could be a one and done.

BUConn10

Reaction Score
No, he wasn't being sarcastic. You misread QDOG's post, and responded to something that nobody said. Huskyforlife said "it's not like [Waters is] one and done" and QDOG simply asked whether any really short players had ever been a one-and-done. Not a single person in this thread or, to my knowledge, anywhere else on the BY has thought Waters could be a one and done.
I see, yea I misread the context of qdog's question. My mistake.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
I'm not sure you're allowed to admit making an innocent mistake on the internet. Let me check the rules.
Never, ever admit to making a mistake or dumb comment on the internet. The approved options are: (1) Claim your account was hacked and someone else made the comment or (2) Relentlessly attack the other side in the argument until you either verbally beat them to a pulp or they tire of you and stop posting or put you on ignore.

Reaction Score
Never, ever admit to making a mistake or dumb comment on the internet. The approved options are: (1) Claim your account was hacked and someone else made the comment or (2) Relentlessly attack the other side in the argument until you either verbally beat them to a pulp or they tire of you and stop posting or put you on ignore.

Or you were hammered beyond belief after spending time watching replays of the Wagner and Northeastern games.

QDOG5

Reaction Score
Ok, I screwed up because "me not read so good". I thought the post said he was a one and done when it said not one and done. I'm in the process of registering for remedial literacy classes. I'm going to self impose sanctions on myself because my reading APR is below 925. These sanctions are limited to drinking ONLY lager beer from one of the mega breweries after I play hoops tonight. For the love of the Boneyard!!!

Reaction Score
I don't care how tall he is or whether he's a one or two year player...we don't have room for another PG.

Reaction Score
And we will continue to be miserable until we bring in those who understand the game and are smart enough to take the coaching in and learn. Hear's hoping Cobb and Carlton have a knack to knowing what to do already and can learn what they need to do to be as good as they can be. Enoch and Durham the same, I think Durham will eventually be that guy but admit the jury's out on Steve.

OK, but you can't downplay missing on kids like Colson and Bell in one post and then pin all the responsibility on the current - or I guess former, now - players in another. Either the kids you have are good enough or you need to recruit over them. Whiffing on both talent identification and player development is a bad combo.

I think we're off to a great start with the most recent class. Vital, Jackson, and Durham all look like smart, instinctual players and by all indications Gilbert is going to be a stud.

Reaction Score
OK, but you can't downplay missing on kids like Colson and Bell in one post and then pin all the responsibility on the current - or I guess former, now - players in another. Either the kids you have are good enough or you need to recruit over them. Whiffing on both talent identification and player development is a bad combo.

I think we're off to a great start with the most recent class. Vital, Jackson, and Durham all look like smart, instinctual players and by all indications Gilbert is going to be a stud.

Fair champs and I agree. Never assumed otherwise.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Fair champs and I agree. Never assumed otherwise.

I think Bell had academic issues. Colson I agree - that was a huge miss. Let him go right from our backyard.

But as for the 2016 Class, I think the jury is still out. Need to put them in prominent roles and see how they do, against good competition. Vital and Jackson I feel have the best chance to make the 'leap' but I fear Vital will lose playing time to MAL and Gilbert next year. Jackson will lose playing time to Larrier. I fear they fall in between the cracks.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
They did not whiff on Bell.

If they had offered, he would be here.

But his academic situation was screwed up and they couldn't extend him an offer - he didn't get to Oregon until second semester in his freshman year after having to work out some clearinghouse issues.

Our bad luck, Oregon's good luck.

Reaction Score
I heard Syracuse. His buddy from South Kent goes there. My only problem is that he talked so much about academics when he chose Georgetown. Not to say Syracuse is on par with Louisville CC, but it's no Georgetown.

Reaction Score
I think Waters is very good and expect to regret not getting him----if we even had a shot. Just throwing it out there now.

Reaction Score
I think Waters is very good and expect to regret not getting him----if we even had a shot. Just throwing it out there now.

He might be but I like the one's we have and I doubt he's want to be the 5th wheel.

Reaction Score
Doesn't Syracuse prefer taller guards for the top of their zone (think MCW)? People will be shooting and passing over this kid at will.

Also, does anyone know why he wants to abandon G'Town? If it's because he perceives them as being a sinking ship, is Syracuse really that much better at the moment? (Are we?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom