Tremont Waters doesn't want to go to Georgetown | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Tremont Waters doesn't want to go to Georgetown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I've seen him play in person a bunch of times. Incredible talent but he does not possess a high basketball IQ. Takes a ton of horrific shots.

Reaction Score
Unsurprisingly I'm sure you also have the poster he was quoting on ignore like I do. I was wondering who it was as well until I clicked show ignored content

Oh that makes sense as to why there's nothing between my post and temery - thanks navery.

Reaction Score
I hate to see people saying that guys like Carlton and Polley are subpar when they haven't even played here yet.
Kinda brings us back to this post I made in this very thread, right?
Bear in mind that Colson & Carrington were both ranked somewhere from 150-200 when they committed, and are exactly the type of kids certain posters are now killing KO & Co. for signing. I feel like that's important context for this discussion.
Rational folks in the fanbase really do spend a lot of time arguing with the bottom of the barrel on this website. I think we all need to go outside and get some fresh air.

Reaction Score
We may have to because we no good big man. Unless we get a surprise and some one steps up and improves.

Our guards are too small to use all 4 as a regular option, not to say it would never happen. But we do need that "surprise" or 2 you allude to.

Reaction Score
Neither are even top 150 on 247. For comparison purposes both Facey and SE were top 75.

So it is a wait and see with them just using this metric.

I hate to see people saying that guys like Carlton and Polley are subpar when they haven't even played here yet. Based on that line of thought, I wish Emeka and Lamb never came here because they weren't any good.

C

Chief00

Brown compounds the Diallo debacle.

They would have take Brown in '15 if he reclassified, but didn't want to take him in '16 because they were going all in on Diallo and didn't want anything to discourage him.

That was just disastrous strategy and another reason why we need to consider more changes to the staff.

Yeah that was Glen Miller telling everyone he was locked up.

C

Chief00

I hate to see people saying that guys like Carlton and Polley are subpar when they haven't even played here yet. Based on that line of thought, I wish Emeka and Lamb never came here because they weren't any good.
I agree - until they get the Chief eye test - I generally stay quiet on recruits.

C

Chief00

Every time I read your posts I make a mental note to find a Reddit style post rating system for the boneyard.

I understand the assumed trade offs - but there is something to be said for taking talented players and figuring it out. As this season will attest you never know. Who really knows if Gilbert's shoulder is going to be fine?
Having said that we need talented Bigs - not many around though at this point.

C

Chief00

Is Miller the head coach Chief? I mean he takes them on the tours, he tells people 2 years ahead kids are locked up, he tries to coach the bigs and he dances after NC's. He has to be the HC behind the scenes then.
That's what he told people and I assume his boss.
Of course, he also told people Brimah was going to be a lottery pick. A few years ago, I actually believed that was possible. Jokes on me.

Reaction Score
Kinda brings us back to this post I made in this very thread, right?

Rational folks in the fanbase really do spend a lot of time arguing with the bottom of the barrel on this website. I think we all need to go outside and get some fresh air.
I think most people are just taking a wait and see approach with Carlton or any other big we bring in since we have been miserable with our bigs under Ollie. We all hope it will change but need to see some evidence.

Reaction Score
I think most people are just taking a wait and see approach with Carlton or any other big we bring in since we have been miserable with our bigs under Ollie. We all hope it will change but need to see some evidence.

And we will continue to be miserable until we bring in those who understand the game and are smart enough to take the coaching in and learn. Hear's hoping Cobb and Carlton have a knack to knowing what to do already and can learn what they need to do to be as good as they can be. Enoch and Durham the same, I think Durham will eventually be that guy but admit the jury's out on Steve.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
That's what he told people and I assume his boss.
Of course, he also told people Brimah was going to be a lottery pick. A few years ago, I actually believed that was possible. Jokes on me.
I think most of us thought AB was going to be a lottery pick - including JC (he said so on radio more than once)
Soon after the middle of his sophomore year I began to doubt it and now............................................................

Reaction Score
I think most of us thought AB was going to be a lottery pick - including JC (he said so on radio more than once)
Soon after the middle of his sophomore year I began to doubt it and now..........
You should have learned by now to ignore JC when he talks about players. You never know who he is trying to motivate. Remember Justin Brown?

Reaction Score
Yeah that was Glen Miller telling everyone he was locked up.

I have no insider knowledge but this sounds about right. In past recruitment's, we have had folks with insider knowledge who admitted their source was Glenn (or his family). He needs to learn some discretion, especially when he doesn't even have the right information.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I have no insider knowledge but this sounds about right. In past recruitment's, we have had folks with insider knowledge who admitted their source was Glenn (or his family). He needs to learn some discretion, especially when he doesn't even have the right information.

This is a good point, but I have to take everything Chief says about Miller with many grains of salt. There's some very weird and embarrassing personal beef there that's unbecoming of someone of Chief's age.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom