Tremont Waters (again) | Page 25 | The Boneyard

Tremont Waters (again)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Kentucky only has one pure PG right now, I'm kinda surprised they haven't taken Waters yet. They've proved they'll take a short PG with talent, so I wonder what that's about.
Ullis was a heavy MSU lean before UK missed out on their top 2 pg targets then swooped in and grabbed ullis after he was the best available, which coincided with him blowing up on the aau circuit. Waters seems to be following that storyline more or less

Reaction Score
Ullis was a heavy MSU lean before UK missed out on their top 2 pg targets then swooped in and grabbed ullis after he was the best available, which coincided with him blowing up on the aau circuit. Waters seems to be following that storyline more or less
Does UK have enough scholorships for tremont and possibly bamba?

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Well, I built me a game and a really nice floater
Ol' JT III, he's callin' my name
Huskies were jumpin', but I gave them a thumpin'
T Waters keeps rollin' on past just the same

Tremont Waters, keep on rollin'
Western Kentucky, won't you keep on shinin' on me?

Yeah, keep on shinin' your light
Gonna make everything
Pretty ratface, gonna make everything all right
And I ain't got no worries
'Cause I ain't in no hurry at all

Well, if Cal is out, I don't care
Don't make no difference to me
Just take Coach K if he's goin' uptown
Yeah, I'd like to hear some funky Dukieland and dance a floppy-flop
And I'll be buyin' ev'rybody drinks all 'roun'

Keep on shinin' your light
Gonna make everything, everything
Gonna make everything all right
And I ain't got no worries
'Cause I ain't in no hurry at all

I'd like to hear some funky Dukieland
Pretty ratface, come and take me by the hand
(By the hand) hand (take me by the hand) pretty ratface
Gonna dance with your daddy all night long
By the hand, take me by the hand, pretty ratface (I wanna floppy-flop, floppy-flop)
Gonna dance with your daddy night long (floppy-flop with you all long)
By the hand, take me by the hand, pretty ratface (I wanna floppy-flop, floppy-flop)
Gonna dance with you all night long (floppy-flop with you all long)
Gonna dance with your daddy night long (floppy-flop with you all long)
Gonna dance with you all night long (floppy-flop with you all long)

Good god!

Reaction Score
From what I saw, though, Duke has 3. Essentially we want Duval to Duke, and Bamba to UK.

Why can't we just grab Duval or Bamba? Why not??? Bamba is what we REALLY need! Come on Chill do your thing!

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
That doesn't count Jackson. So, we would want them to get Tucker AND Duval. But then Cuse could go for Sidney Wilson. Ugh.

If I'm Waters I tell Sid to join him here, for '17 ... That top 6-7 guys can't compete with many in the country?

I mean, if I'm Waters and me at the same time.

BaZZnBOAT

ONIONS!
Reaction Score
If I'm Waters I tell Sid to join him here, for '17 ... That top 6-7 guys can't compete with many in the country?

I mean, if I'm Waters and me at the same time.

We need some Freaky Friday with you and Tremont ASAP.

pj

Reaction Score
Good God that's cynical. How about a guy who ran across Zach because his son was a teammate tried to help him and then discovered Brown just needed more help than he imagined? There is zero reason to be speculating that anything about this was ill-motived or nefarious.

Right. It wouldn't have taken long to figure out that Zach was prone to violence and not a good person for his son to be hanging with. Good people start out with goodwill toward others, but have to break off relationships that are dangerous, especially for their children.

Reaction Score
If Hami stays in the draft (I think he will), that would open up another spot for UK. They just signed Knox, who I believe is a wing (another reason why Hami leaves), so it is possible they get in very late. I have to think that is why Tremont is waiting for, along with Duval and Duke.

As an aside for Hami - the reports are that his measurements/athleticism has been off the charts during NBA workouts, but he will not participate in 5-5 games during the combine. Smart for him - hiding the big time holes in his game, while showcasing his potential. It sucks we didn't get half a season of him practicing with the team (some sarcasm there), but I don't think UK will get him either for whatever that's worth, other than to say he's a UK product if he does well in the NBA.

With these moving pieces, I wouldn't expect a Tremont decision until late May...not 20 minutes.

Reaction Score
No, there's a crew who actually takes some sort of pleasure in it, whether they admit it or not. Even in good years, they show up at the first sign of scuffling. Usually the same names.
Freescooter. You can always count on him.

Reaction Score
If Hami stays in the draft (I think he will), that would open up another spot for UK. They just signed Knox, who I believe is a wing (another reason why Hami leaves), so it is possible they get in very late. I have to think that is why Tremont is waiting for, along with Duval and Duke.

As an aside for Hami - the reports are that his measurements/athleticism has been off the charts during NBA workouts, but he will not participate in 5-5 games during the combine. Smart for him - hiding the big time holes in his game, while showcasing his potential. It sucks we didn't get half a season of him practicing with the team (some sarcasm there), but I don't think UK will get him either for whatever that's worth, other than to say he's a UK product if he does well in the NBA.

With these moving pieces, I wouldn't expect a Tremont decision until late May...not 20 minutes.

Can they say he's a UK product if he never played there?

Reaction Score
Are you kidding? Cal? He's gonna pimp that jump like no other.

"See, come to to UK. We are THE launching pad for the NBA draft. You don't even have to play while you're here and you get drafted in the 1st rd!"

Yes. Cal that immoral loser. It's not like we'd invite Bynum to UConn events (and, unlike Ham, Bynum never actually enrolled at UConn and attended classes).

Reaction Score
Are you kidding? Cal? He's gonna pimp that jump like no other.

"See, come to to UK. We are THE launching pad for the NBA draft. You don't even have to play while you're here and you get drafted in the 1st rd!"

Can UConn take credit for Bynum?

Hey, we've had multiple UConn bigs drafted in 1st round, Knight, Okafor, Armstrong, Boone, Thabeet, Drummond, AND Bynum. Also Voskhul, the 33rd pick!

C

Chief00

My source still thinks he ends up here, but we are not his number once choice. Never have been. If one of the big schools wants him, he will go there. But so far it appears no one is asking him to come.
I agree - there really is no change.

Reaction Score
By the way, on Waters, don't hold your breath. Not close to ending. And, despite the idea that UConn is the default, there are more schools involved than people are letting on. UConn is not the default. He has options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom