Tremont Waters (again) | Page 20 | The Boneyard

Tremont Waters (again)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I know the argument "you can't pass on a top 40 kid," and I'm on that side, but just following his recruitment.. do we want a guy who may come here by default and possibly with a step out the door while he's here.? Also read his dad is very very involved in all aspects of his decision making. (see AO and VJ)

I'm sure Ollie is aware of this, but it's an interesting recruitment considering we just had so many transfers, you figure Ollie wants a little more stability on the roster in the coming years. FWIW, I still want him because he's a great basketball player, but a very interesting situation.

Reaction Score
I know the argument "you can't pass on a top 40 kid," and I'm on that side, but just following his recruitment.. do we want a guy who may come here by default and possibly with a step out the door while he's here.? Also read his dad is very very involved in all aspects of his decision making. (see AO and VJ)

I'm sure Ollie is aware of this, but it's an interesting recruitment considering we just had so many transfers, you figure Ollie wants a little more stability on the roster in the coming years. FWIW, I still want him because he's a great basketball player, but a very interesting situation.

Yes, we want him. Never look a gift horse in the mouth.

Reaction Score

WKU has 0 scholarships available, has 7 guards already, is not a big name program, is not remotely set up for long term success, and is not a good academic institution. It'd be crazy for him to go there. This would be a bad beat.

Reaction Score
WKU has 0 scholarships available, has 7 guards already, is not a big name program, is not remotely set up for long term success, and is not a good academic institution. It'd be crazy for him to go there. This would be a bad beat.

Yes, but when your alternative is UConn, you tend to overlook all those strikes against them.

Reaction Score

I mean I just find it really hard to believe that a kid of his caliber that will be in college multiple yrs is going to hitch his career to Western Kentucky. I'll believe it when i see it

Reaction Score
I had heard yesterday Western Kentucky was out. Maybe something changed but I doubt it. I think it is either UConn or holding out hope for blue blood offer.
So UConn. Because that blue blood offer aint coming lol

Reaction Score
So UConn. Because that blue blood offer aint coming lol
Duke may still offer if they miss on Duval. They just offered Tucker after missing on Knox. If Duval goes to Duke he's gotta be ours

Reaction Score
@JDShawNBA? Isn't that the kid everyone trashed as a non-source last week because he's only 17?

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
At this rate, I really think if Duke doesn't end up extending that long awaited offer that Tremont has been waiting for, he may just choose to forego college all together and take that McDonald's job offer he has on the back burner.

Reaction Score
At this rate, I really think if Duke doesn't end up extending that long awaited offer that Tremont has been waiting for, he may just choose to forego college all together and take that McDonald's job offer he has on the back burner.
It sure does feel that way lol

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
China?

C

Chief00

So, 99 posted a window of today to Weds or we all explode?

I had said some time ago in this thread, Friday or Tuesday. So it's fairly consistent with what I heard.

True, my percentage was based on the unlikelihood of the Duke offer. Throughout this process, I have only raised not reduced my percentages. Is that offer possible, yes. Is it likely at this point, no. But, that's recruiting.

Last edited by a moderator:
C

Chief00

I had heard yesterday Western Kentucky was out. Maybe something changed but I doubt it. I think it is either UConn or holding out hope for blue blood offer.
Hearing the same about WK. just remember though they have already signed a top player so they did have a sales pitch - something hopefully Chil is developing on the fly.

Reaction Score
I am not following every detail of this but I gather Waters is a bright kid who cares about academics? If so, WKU has a NINETY THREE percent admittance rate. That pretty much means anything but a potted plant is getting in there. Crazy.

Reaction Score
Hearing the same about WK. just remember though they have already signed a top player so they did have a sales pitch - something hopefully Chil is developing on the fly.
Hearing WK was the one to back off of Waters. Not other way around. Dad is difficult.

Reaction Score
Yes, but when your alternative is UConn, you tend to overlook all those strikes against them.

It sure seems like he's doing everything in his power to avoid coming to UConn.

I won't look a gift horse in the mouth, but if the horse runs away at the first chance it gets, that doesn't help us much either.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
It sure seems like he's doing everything in his power to avoid coming to UConn.

I won't look a gift horse in the mouth, but if the horse runs away at the first chance it gets, that doesn't help us much either.

This is life trying to get horses in CUSA 2.0 after a season where the team looked so bad, even the diehard fans lost faith in the program. If one made a Venn diagram comparing players of a UConn caliber (for this purpose, let's just say Top 100 guys and high 3-stars with a significant level of P5/BE/A10 interest) and players who are so ecstatic about the possibility of playing for UConn they're jumping out of their boots, the overlap would be close to zero. Given the place the program is right now, we cannot survive if we turn talent away because they don't show a specific level of ebullience that UConn wants them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom