Tremont Waters (again) | Page 23 | The Boneyard

Tremont Waters (again)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
You always have the liberty to not be. You can't paint over a crack in the foundation and think it's fixed. This kid is just that. A fresh coat of paint.

I don't think getting a good player is a fresh coat of paint.

Winning cures all ills. We're in this position mostly because we stunk to high heaven this past season.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
If the kid doesn't want to be here and uses this as a "last best resort", then I really don't want him to wear a UConn uniform.
If he happens to come here, it is looking like a VJ Part II
This is not needed

Reaction Score
I don't think getting a good player is a fresh coat of paint.

Winning cures all ills. We're in this position mostly because we stunk to high heaven this past season.
Really? Going 16-17 is what got us here? Its a convenient argument but one I doubt very much.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
You know what's better than losing a highly recruited Connecticut kid? Losing him several times.

Love it. Here's hoping for a lukewarm commitment and then weekly murmurs of a change in plans until September. That would be really cool.

Reaction Score
Duval is going to spurn Duke, Jackson is going to leave for the NBA, and they're going to take Waters aren't they?

Reaction Score
It's hard to believe someone would look at our situation and think we can pass up on a top 40 player.

No one is saying they don't want the kid, the player who is a Top 40 talent. But how blind can anyone be as to how this is playing out? That's all figure it out for yourself, he's not excited about being a Husky never was so it's easy to question on whether it's worth it or not even in desparation. It is a team game after all and usually a good team needs full buy in or at UConn ten toes in. How many toes does he bring and for how long? If you're not questioning why if he ends up here then you're ignoring the facts of this game they're playing.

Reaction Score
Kill this thread off. Don't give it the oxygen it does not deserve. If the kid doesn't want to be a Husky fine, if he does we party on but it's starting to look like the homely girl waiting by the phone for the quarterback to invite her to the prom.

Reaction Score
@husky99, obviously there haven't been any offers from duke, UK, KU, etc but have any of those schools even watched him play or been in contact with him in the last few months?

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
@husky99, obviously there haven't been any offers from duke, UK, KU, etc but have any of those schools even watched him play or been in contact with him in the last few months?
According to the ESPN recruiting profile they have all offered, without any visits. Seems sketchy.

Reaction Score
This is so tiring, we should just stop all this speculation and end the damm thread. Pick it up later when we actually have something good or bad. Seems like most of the scenarios posted here are pretty much spot on. If he wanted us he would have already committed so it's pretty clear we are his plan d. That being said I'd take him in a heartbeat father and all and welcome them both with open arms and IMHO if he comes he will be all in.

Reaction Score
Waters is sitting by the phone waiting for a call before he reluctantly calls us back.....he knows we'll take him whenever....it is what it is....hopefully the staff not wasting too much energy on this after the Diallo mess.

We have plenty of spots on the roster going forward to fill and Waters knows that, if we start signing kids maybe he'll feel some urgency but there is little indication he has anything to worry about on that front.

It's time to start closing on 2017 roster so attention can shift to having a successful 2017-2018 season.....then maybe we're not sitting by the phone next May as the 4th or 5th choice on kids lists..

Reaction Score
Waters is sitting by the phone waiting for a call before he reluctantly calls us back.....he knows we'll take him whenever....it is what it is....hopefully the staff not wasting too much energy on this after the Diallo mess.

We have plenty of spots on the roster going forward to fill and Waters knows that, if we start signing kids maybe he'll feel some urgency but there is little indication he has anything to worry about on that front.

It's time to start closing on 2017 roster so attention can shift to having a successful 2017-2018 season.....then maybe we're not sitting by the phone next May as the 4th or 5th choice on kids lists..

Yep, was just going there. Would love to hear more about Agou, Rooks, Daniels, Whaley and any others besides this fairy tale.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure you know what mutually exclusive means. Or you're just kind of a numbskull and can't answer my point.

If his mentor can become his new family and change him, Zach could have become successful and benefitted the mentor greatly. Get the kid out of the slums, poach his millions. The only reason he knew Zach was because he wanted him to be on his son's AAU team.

Where is that mentor now? When he realized Zach was down a wrong path and WASN'T going to be a basketball star, he disappeared?

That's the read I have on the situation. I hope I'm wrong.

Good God that's cynical. How about a guy who ran across Zach because his son was a teammate tried to help him and then discovered Brown just needed more help than he imagined? There is zero reason to be speculating that anything about this was ill-motived or nefarious.

Reaction Score
Not sure why we should close the thread when something is likely to materialize soon. Nothing has changed, why are we so surprised a kid looking to maximize his future income would want to Duke or Kentucky before us or anyone else. It is what it is. But we are not in a position to turn down talent just because they preferred a higher profile/winning program. You guys are acting like children. Oh God, he doesn't like me on my ugly chick, blah blah blah. Give me a break.

Reaction Score
Kill this thread off. Don't give it the oxygen it does not deserve. If the kid doesn't want to be a Husky fine, if he does we party on but it's starting to look like the homely girl waiting by the phone for the quarterback to invite her to the prom.

Yep. If he comes he surely won't be a fav of mine even if he turns out to be the best to ever play here. We will be fine without him says I.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Are we close on any of the other targets we have, as we wait for Tremont to decide?

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Its hard to believe someone would take a kid who has time and time again demonstrated he doesn't really want to be here after going through what we had happen this past offseason.
After the 2014 title this argument has merit. After a losing season, you take every top 40 player you can get. So what if he transfers in a year? He'll help us win for that year, which in turn helps with 2018 recruiting. Plus he's not transferring if he comes here. I'm hoping he learns he loves us once he gets here.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
We don't seem to have any leverage. Duke misses on Duval, Tremont's waiting. UConn misses on Tremont, & we roll with What we got? Any front court or wings interested? Are we everyone's plan D.

Reaction Score
So I asked around, got pretty much the same stuff as @husky99 , lots of moving parts. Although I do think he does like us more than just a default back up plan. Obviously not as much as he could otherwise he would have committed here the first time around.

Reaction Score
Not sure why we should close the thread when something is likely to materialize soon. Nothing has changed, why are we so surprised a kid looking to maximize his future income would want to Duke or Kentucky before us or anyone else. It is what it is. But we are not in a position to turn down talent just because they preferred a higher profile/winning program. You guys are acting like children. Oh God, he doesn't like me on my ugly chick, blah blah blah. Give me a break.

Children huh? You must be ugly and used to this then...

Reaction Score
The amount of butthurt that some of you exhibit is mind-boggling. The kid needs to make whatever decision is best for him. If it takes a while for him to make that decision, so be it. I am sure there is no malice toward UConn, just a kid trying to make the right decision.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Not sure I understand all these "moving parts".

The kid wants to go to Duke, Kentucky or Kansas. They haven't said that they have a spot for him.

Clearly UConn is his backup and he'd much prefer to go elsewhere.

Just let it play out until the kid commits. I can't fathom how the story changes so much from day to day and even hour to hour. I think it's just all speculation that is a big circle that amounts to nothing.

Reaction Score
The amount of butthurt that some of you exhibit is mind-boggling. The kid needs to make whatever decision is best for him. If it takes a while for him to make that decision, so be it. I am sure there is no malice toward UConn, just a kid trying to make the right decision.

This from someone more than likely happy either way, you can have your fun hammering on the KO and the staff if they swing and miss or enjoy him choosing UConn laughing at those who worried. Funny stuff. No butthurt here, just stating facts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom