Tremont Waters (again) | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Tremont Waters (again)

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chief00

I think they have. There aren't a ton of stud recruits from CT. The premise would be better if you said we need to focus on recruiting the best kids from CT, MA, RI which I think we have been trying to do, at least sometimes. Who are the highest rated CT kids of recent memory? Waters, Heron, Enoch, Drummond. Not too many, I am sure I am missing a name or two.

Wasn't Murray a top recruit FWIW? Before my time, but I am not sure that is the example for avoiding unused scholarships.
Dunn

C

Chief00

I played pick up with him on my team, we were getting smoked until he took over....and then I took the ball, motioned for him to clear out and took the last shot. Even though it went in, he looked at me like what????
Earl had a great sense of humor.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
How about someone like Tyler Olander. Would Ollie have offered Olander? I just did a google search, here's a 6 8 center from fairfield prep who averaged 20 points and 15 boards. Do we even look at someone like this? maybe as a preferred walk on? Put him in the weight room and redshirt him.

Next.

Reaction Score
Dunn
Murray's nephew Jordan, he left College Park too early and now might be in jail. There hasn't been many at all in recent years but Cincinnati is really hyping up Cane Broome.

Reaction Score
Two of Waters's teammates at NDWH committed to day, one of them to Canisius. Maybe this is the week.

Reaction Score
I think they have. There aren't a ton of stud recruits from CT. The premise would be better if you said we need to focus on recruiting the best kids from CT, MA, RI which I think we have been trying to do, at least sometimes. Who are the highest rated CT kids of recent memory? Waters, Heron, Enoch, Drummond. Not too many, I am sure I am missing a name or two.

Wasn't Murray a top recruit FWIW? Before my time, but I am not sure that is the example for avoiding unused scholarships.

Kris Dunn

Reaction Score
Murray's nephew Jordan, he left College Park too early and now might be in jail. There hasn't been many at all in recent years but Cincinnati is really hyping up Cane Broome.

Cane Broome is going to make us cry next year. He actually plays ALOT like Waters.

BrysonDeMan

Hits Bombs
Reaction Score

Friend of mine did a piece on Waters last year. After spending a day with the kid he told me Duke and Kansas were his top choices ..... and UConn was way down the list

Reaction Score

Would love to have Broome now as a depth piece but he is going to have serious limitations. If things were normal in UCONN land he would not be getting serious minutes. Things are obviously not normal.

Reaction Score
Cane Broome is going to make us cry next year. He actually plays ALOT like Waters.
He's a 32% 3 point shooter who averaged 3 AST per 40 minutes. Waters is going be better in both areas.

Reaction Score
I saw Cane Broome play at East Hartford several times. Amazing how he has developed.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Well.

Broome is a six-foot tall shooting guard.

In a low-major league, he managed to pass the ball to the other team more often than his own.
6' Russ Smith turned the ball over a lot his first few years. And then his upperclassmen years he ruined us every time we played UL.

C

Chief00

Two of Waters's teammates at NDWH committed to day, one of them to Canisius. Maybe this is the week.

Perhaps Friday or Tuesday? Very fluid.
It can be a great opportunity for him. Tremont won't regret it if he pulls the trigger. He is willing to work, I am told.

C

Chief00

Friend of mine did a piece on Waters last year. After spending a day with the kid he told me Duke and Kansas were his top choices ..... and UConn was way down the list

Things change. A year in recruiting is a long time. Ask Glen Miller.

Reaction Score
Cane broome is a nice player. Waters will be better.

I agree 100% and hopefully they will spend a lot of time guarding each other next year. Landing Water's completely changes the trajectory of UCONN basketball.

Reaction Score
If it's truly between WKU and UConn then Storrs is a no-brainer for a 3 year type player. If he has 1 and done aspirations then who knows otherwise 3 years at WKU sounds like a nightmare.
No, no, no. Didnt you hear? If youre a one and done you go to Uk because Calipari is the best at getting guys to the NBA with his incredible coaching. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score

How about someone like Tyler Olander. Would Ollie have offered Olander? I just did a google search, here's a 6 8 center from fairfield prep who averaged 20 points and 15 boards. Do we even look at someone like this? maybe as a preferred walk on? Put him in the weight room and redshirt him a year. How about the kid from Bunnell who went to Maine? Blew that one big time not once but twice.

I know Pat, last he told me was that he's doing a postgrad year then headed to Columbia

Reaction Score
Well.

Broome is a six-foot tall shooting guard.

In a low-major league, he managed to pass the ball to the other team more often than his own.
Either Cronin and the rest of the people at Cincy are like Calhoun with the offseason superlatives (Ajou Ajou Deng) or Broome has improved. They say Broome is being given the keys and they are making Van Exel comparisons.

He's not going to be Van Exel but I expect him to be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom