Tre Mitchell | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Tre Mitchell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
When I saw all the new activity on this thread I assumed we had an update on Tre Mitchell. Foolish me.

Anyway, Tre took OVs to ND in Sept and to us a week and a half ago. No new visits scheduled that I know of. Any new info?

Reaction Score
Thank god for Lemoyne, otherwise all those records would never have happened.

Reaction Score
You should worry about Babers. You are second tier with crappy facilities and pay like a G5 school. From what I hear, "he gone".

From what you hear, Akok already committed to UCon and has cancelled all his remaining visits. We'll see on Friday.

Reaction Score
Leaving aside Football, as there's not much defending UCONN there:

If we're talking basketball, the only thing SU really has on UCONN is a longer track record. UCONN's got more regular season championships, more conf tournament championships, more National championships. All in a shorter time frame. The only thing Cuse really has is 1 more Final Four (6 to 5), but again, that's largely a reflection of time frame. Heck, look at putting people in the pros; UCONNs got a ton of alumni that were quality players in the NBA? Syracuse has what, 4 or 5 tops?

I don't think being in the AAC is going to matter quite as much going forward (note: I'd take the ACC is nanosecond if given the choice). If UCONN and Memphis are on the come, the AAC will be strong in basketball. Stronger than the NBE for sure.

If Hurley is who we hope he is, UCONN can easily be a better version of Gonzaga, in a better conference.

If you're gonna mention lacrosse, might as well throw WCBB in there. Where UCONN is obviously legendary.

A nice reasonable response. Thanks. Yes, your program under Calhoun reached heights that Boeheim never quite reached. Yes, some of our perceived advantage is due to us being a good program over a longer period of time. That's fair. You burned brighter for about 20 years. You and Pitt carried the Big East banner through much of the 90s and 00s, although we did get a championship game appearance in there against maybe the best college team of our lifetime, Kentucky 96, a team that had something like 9 eventual NBA guys on the roster.

Kevin Ollie was never "all that" like you guys thought he was. Even though he got his championship, he coasted afterwards, and your program went to hell. Hurley I really like as a hire. He's got that working class, northeast guy appeal, tough as nails, like Calhoun. He really could do well for you. But if your fan base doesn't recognize the risk of UConn becoming a stepping stone job, well, that's just delusional. The right hire saves you, and Hurley was probably the right hire.

In football, we've been excellent for two sustained periods in my lifetime, and we've been in 2 terrible holes. I hope that UConn finds a way to the Big East or the Big Ten. You're too good a program to completely disappear. I feel like your success in basketball was at our direct expense, though, from the first time we went on probation back in the early 90s, and so that's why some of us of a certain age feel like UConn are still Johnny Come Lately's even though you got 4, yes 4 championships on your shelf.

Much respect for your past, but I like how things are finally trending. Rutgers sucks again, so we are beginning to get football prospects out of NJ again, as we did in our heyday. Pasqualoni and then Diaco destroyed your football program, so we don't have to worry about recruiting against you like we did when Greg Robinson was crapping the bed in Syracuse.

We're not competing directly against you for recruits very often, and we don't play in the same league anymore, so you guys are receding in the rear view mirror, just like we don't matter that much anymore to you. But I do respect your program. I just prefer not to have another mouth to feed at the table, when it comes to recruits. It's already hard enough having Duke and Kentucky swoop in at the last minute and steal away kids that you've been working on for 2 years. Having UConn as a direct competitor too would be a pain in the ass.

Reaction Score
Holy hell, why are you here?

Because we currently recruiting some of the same players, and I wanted to see what kind of discussion about them was going on over here.

Unfortunately, it seems like you guys are not hopping on this board so much anymore.

Kauffmak10

BleedBlue
Reaction Score
I just prefer not to have another mouth to feed at the table, when it comes to recruits. It's already hard enough having Duke and Kentucky swoop in at the last minute and steal away kids that you've been working on for 2 years. Having UConn as a direct competitor too would be a pain in the ass.

Get used to it, buddy...

Reaction Score
Get used to it, buddy...

Over the years, there have not been as many guys that we've both been recruiting at the same time. Maybe some of that has been because of differences in the type of athletes UConn and Syracuse were looking for. But certainly it's on right now.

Reaction Score
Over the years, there have not been as many guys that we've both been recruiting at the same time. Maybe some of that has been because of differences in the type of athletes UConn and Syracuse were looking for. But certainly it's on right now.

Huh? Seems like Cuse, Louisville, and Providence are the schools most commonly recruiting the same guys we are.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Nobody cares about lacrosse. Go to Wesleyan or Amherst or the Johns Hopkins board. Nobody here is going to flash our Field Hockey titles in your face. We have 5 btw, and 3 since 2013.
"Nobody here is going to flash our Field Hockey titles in your face..." and then you did. Lol.

1539721372545.png

"Calm down Alex it's not like he shoved a glove in your face...
...ah what the heck might as well"​

Reaction Score
Because we currently recruiting some of the same players, and I wanted to see what kind of discussion about them was going on over here.

Unfortunately, it seems like you guys are not hopping on this board so much anymore.

Take it from a guy who is usually just a lurker, you CAN come to this board and just READ the discussion to see what is going on here! The trolling stuff is just about your own neuroses.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
From what you hear, Akok already committed to UCon and has cancelled all his remaining visits. We'll see on Friday.
Yes, yes we will. Stop by again then Matt, we'll make you something special...
1539721729158.png

(Still doomed.)

Reaction Score
A nice reasonable response. Thanks. Yes, your program under Calhoun reached heights that Boeheim never quite reached. Yes, some of our perceived advantage is due to us being a good program over a longer period of time. That's fair. You burned brighter for about 20 years. You and Pitt carried the Big East banner through much of the 90s and 00s, although we did get a championship game appearance in there against maybe the best college team of our lifetime, Kentucky 96, a team that had something like 9 eventual NBA guys on the roster.

Kevin Ollie was never "all that" like you guys thought he was. Even though he got his championship, he coasted afterwards, and your program went to hell. Hurley I really like as a hire. He's got that working class, northeast guy appeal, tough as nails, like Calhoun. He really could do well for you. But if your fan base doesn't recognize the risk of UConn becoming a stepping stone job, well, that's just delusional. The right hire saves you, and Hurley was probably the right hire.

In football, we've been excellent for two sustained periods in my lifetime, and we've been in 2 terrible holes. I hope that UConn finds a way to the Big East or the Big Ten. You're too good a program to completely disappear. I feel like your success in basketball was at our direct expense, though, from the first time we went on probation back in the early 90s, and so that's why some of us of a certain age feel like UConn are still Johnny Come Lately's even though you got 4, yes 4 championships on your shelf.

Much respect for your past, but I like how things are finally trending. Rutgers sucks again, so we are beginning to get football prospects out of NJ again, as we did in our heyday. Pasqualoni and then Diaco destroyed your football program, so we don't have to worry about recruiting against you like we did when Greg Robinson was crapping the bed in Syracuse.

We're not competing directly against you for recruits very often, and we don't play in the same league anymore, so you guys are receding in the rear view mirror, just like we don't matter that much anymore to you. But I do respect your program. I just prefer not to have another mouth to feed at the table, when it comes to recruits. It's already hard enough having Duke and Kentucky swoop in at the last minute and steal away kids that you've been working on for 2 years. Having UConn as a direct competitor too would be a pain in the ass.

" ... never quite"

We were simply better. You were good ... WE were Champions. March Madness winners. Won most all the big games for several decades. And you were an Internet troll - IthacaMatt - before we knew what they were.

"You feel we got good because you went on probation?" O Cmon. Jim Calhoun was simply a far better Coach and Program builder than Boeheim. Boeheim was still a top 20 guy. Calhoun is Rushmore.

I don't believe for a moment that your Football prowess is sustainable. A Private College playing in the wasteland of CNY in a Mausoleum. Maybe some guys from NJ or CT; I see lines with a lot of Midwestern tint. Babers is likely to jump far faster than Hurley or Edsall ... and we still can build. OLLIE? He lacked the Full Program CEO capability; he did win 6 games in March for a NC. That's a helluva arc for any coach. He will find some spot.

GO jump in a Ithaca Gorge. We will be fine.

Reaction Score
Let's be honest. Your current league sucks.
You would have a much better looking future if you were in the Big East, if not a P-5 spot.
Then the talk about "P-5 doesn't matter" would be more accurate.

I'm much less worried about Syracuse being a stepping stone than you guys should be. Babers is in his 50s, and if he gets us over the hump and going to bowl games again, he could retire here. The Dome is perfect for a pass happy offense. Wins over Virginia Tech, Clemson and Florida State so far indicates that we are on the right track, if we can build depth and stay healthy. You would kill for wins like that right now.

You guys discount it, but Syracuse has so much history, in both sports. Yes, you own more national championships in basketball than we do, but that's it. I remember when they were evaluating the last batch of teams going to the ACC, I said SU's football history trumped your then-current success. You guys didn't believe it, but look what happened.

Syracuse University Sports.jpg View attachment 35292
I guess all the Big East Championships UConn won dont count then. I mean yeah, take away all those National Championships and Big East Championships and what has UConn accomplished?

Dense much?

Reaction Score
You would have a much better looking future if you were in the Big East, if not a P-5 spot.

I'm much less worried about Syracuse being a stepping stone than you guys should be. Babers is in his 50s, and if he gets us over the hump and going to bowl games again, he could retire here. The Dome is perfect for a pass happy offense. Wins over Virginia Tech, Clemson and Florida State so far indicates that we are on the right track, if we can build depth and stay healthy. You would kill for wins like that right now.

You guys discount it, but Syracuse has so much history, in both sports. Yes, you own more national championships in basketball than we do, but that's it. I remember when they were evaluating the last batch of teams going to the ACC, I said SU's football history trumped your then-current success. You guys didn't believe it, but look what happened.

This is both hilarious and stupid. Jim Brown and Dave Bing were tremendous but so were George Washington and Abe Lincoln. We own more NCs but that’s it? Lol Give it up Matt you sound like a dope.

Reaction Score

If being in a P-5 is so damn important, then why have 3 of the past 5 National Champions been from non P-5 schools?

Reaction Score

Lets just ignore this guy. There is no measure by which any rational, educated person can put Syracuse basketball at the same level as UCONN. Maybe if they got a great coach over the next 20 years they could come close, but that is a big ask. I cant imagine them being able to win 3 more national championships or dominating the ACC the way we dominated the Big East. So let this troll, troll. When we get our guys and they dont he will go away. IGNORE.

Reaction Score
If being in a P-5 is so damn important, then why have 3 of the past 5 National Champions been from non P-5 schools?
It is all BS hype from the media, P5’s. We are going to be champs again, for sure. With FB , maybe the P5 crap has a little bit more validity, but in BB it is nonsense. Thankyou ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom