Tre Mitchell | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Tre Mitchell

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chief00

Let’s not pile on a kid - who has made a ton of mistakes and comes from a tough family situation. I know some well intended people came into his life and he was unable or unwilling to embrace it. Yet, it’s so easy to knock him - but what’s the point?

Reaction Score
Let’s not pile on a kid - who has made a ton of mistakes and comes from a tough family situation. I know some well intended people came into his life and he was unable or unwilling to embrace it. Yet, it’s so easy to knock him - but what’s the point?
No point. He made mistakes and is paying the price. I can not imagine what I would have become growing up in such circumstances. And neither can anyone else on here. Don’t be judgemental. It’s not a good thing to do. Clean out your own closet before cleaning out someone else's

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
This was not remotely a reason he took the UCONN job.
Yes it was.
Hurley mentioned coming to UConn so he can get the types of players in order to beat the Dukes and Oregons of the world, whereas at URI, the talent he had capped out and couldn't compete with Duke, especially on the interior.
It is not THE reason, but it is a factor combined with other reasons. Basically he can do stuff at UConn that he was unable to do at URI, like recruit high end big men. And getting high end big men will dramatically change this program.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Yes it was.
Hurley mentioned coming to UConn so he can get the types of players in order to beat the Dukes and Oregons of the world, whereas at URI, the talent he had capped out and couldn't compete with Duke, especially on the interior.
It is not THE reason, but it is a factor combined with other reasons. Basically he can do stuff at UConn that he was unable to do at URI, like recruit high end big men. And getting high end big men will dramatically change this program.

Right, he cane here for better facilities, more exposure, name brand, history, fan base, and the ability to get more talent across the board. Not just big men, but talent

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Yes it was.

Yeah, but not cause he couldn't get posts. More that he wanted a higher level opportunity that would draw more talent in general.

I mean, he wants a lot better guards than he was getting at URI too.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Yes it was.
Oregon?

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Yeah, but not cause he couldn't get posts. More that he wanted a higher level opportunity that would draw more talent in general.

I mean, he wants a lot better guards than he was getting at URI too.
Im not 100% sure but I dont think he would have a shot at Akok or Kofi at URI.
I think we all agree on that he wants better everything. I'm just disputing your initial post that it was not "remotely a reason" Hurley chose UConn.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Im not 100% sure but I dont think he would have a shot at Akok or Kofi at URI.
I think we all agree on that he wants better everything. I'm just disputing your initial post that it was not "remotely a reason" Hurley chose UConn.

The way the OP was phrased was that he wanted to come to a school where he could recruit post players (and everything else wasn't an issue). Having a step up in competition and players was obviously a factor.

Reaction Score
This was not remotely a reason he took the UCONN job.

One of many reasons. It was stated after they hired him. Along with many other positives related to our program..

., Do you not agree it would be catastrophic to go into next year with out at minimum of 2 highly rated bigs ???

intlzncster

Reaction Score
One of many reasons. It was stated after they hired him. Along with many other positives related to our program..

Again, it's about getting better players in general, not just posts. I sure as hell wouldn't want to go into the season with URI's guards.

And one of Hurley's post recruits at URI (2018) is likely better (and more highly rate) than any of our current posts.

., Do you not agree it would be catastrophic to go into next year with out at minimum of 2 highly rated bigs ???

At least one.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
The way the OP was phrased was that he wanted to come to a school where he could recruit post players (and everything else wasn't an issue). Having a step up in competition and players was obviously a factor.
That is simply not true lol.
This was the quote "One of the reasons Hurley moved up to UCONN was cause he could not get the bigs at URI"
And you said "This was not remotely a reason he took the UCONN job."
Which is also not true.

But again, we all agree, obviously, that it was numerous factors drawing Hurley to UConn, including the ability to recruit better post players because UConn is a more prestigious big man program than URI, and more prestigious program overall.

If Akok does come to UConn, then Hurley's first big man recruit at UConn will be superior to any big man he brought to URI.

Reaction Score

How about Voskuhl and Okafor?

intlzncster

Reaction Score
This was the quote "One of the reasons Hurley moved up to UCONN was cause he could not get the bigs at URI"
Which is also not true.

This implies that it's just 'bigs'. Which is categorically false. Really, it's not that hard. No idea why this is even an argument in the first place.

If the sentence had read something along the lines of, "one of the reasons Hurley moved up to UCONN was because he couldn't get a high enough caliber of player for his tastes"...then fine. But it didn't.

He recruited and landed a very good 4 star PF last year, which proves the assertion in read false anyway.

Reaction Score
xx

no

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Which is also not true.

But again, we all agree, obviously, that it was numerous factors drawing Hurley to UConn, including the ability to recruit better post players because UConn is a more prestigious big man program than URI, and more prestigious program overall.

If Akok does come to UConn, then Hurley's first big man recruit at UConn will be superior to any big man he brought to URI.
This implies that it's just 'bigs'. Which is categorically false. Really, it's not that hard. No idea why this is even an argument in the first place.

If the sentence had read something along the lines of, "one of the reasons Hurley moved up to UCONN was because he couldn't get a high enough caliber of player for his tastes"...then fine. But it didn't.

He recruited and landed a very good 4 star PF last year, which proves the assertion in read false anyway.
The two of you are making a mountain out of a mole hill and ruining a thread. Either this stops immediately or all your posts in this thread will be deleted.

Reaction Score
Reads and comprehends what? Anybody with an IQ above 12 could figure out that Hurley was addressing the back court first, just based off the visits. After Gaffney committed, it doesn't exactly take Einstein to look at the roster to figure out that front court help was needed next.
Let’s see JA &Smith definitely gone.
CV may decide to leave
Gilbert Injury prone
You think the backcourt might be a priority. It was mine especially a true PG.
With Wilson , Polley, Whaley,Charlton , and Diarra all back with another years experience.and only juniors I was much less concerned.
The front court losing just Cobb, Williams , and Yakwe who at best are situational players is much less impacted.
If you can get a good big or two ,of course you grab him, but it’s 2020 when the front court becomes the top priority with another guard secondary.
Ollie wasn’t a bad recruiter that meme is just ignorant. What he failed at is balanced recruiting and contingency planning.
It doomed a 2016-17 team that was potentially very good.
You could also make the case of the failure of that year causied the 2017-18 debacle.
Oregon?
R I lost to that 2017 FF team . I watched the highlights the other day. So that was fresh in his mind.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
You got anything to add about Mitchell?
I believe Mitchell's game is similar to Akok. It would be interesting to see both Akok and Mitchell play together. But my personal preference would be to have Kofi or Wahab over Mitchell if Akok commits to UConn. It's the difference between having an all perimeter team versus a team that has an inside and outside presence. Plus we already have a finesse type big with Josh. I want a banger to handle teams like Cinci.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom