Tre Mitchell | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Tre Mitchell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
No point. He made mistakes and is paying the price. I can not imagine what I would have become growing up in such circumstances. And neither can anyone else on here. Don’t be judgemental. It’s not a good thing to do. Clean out your own closet before cleaning out someone else's

Actually some people here can tell you what it was like. Don’t be judgemental because some of those people worked hard to become successful.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
The two of you are making a mountain out of a mole hill and ruining a thread. Either this stops immediately or all your posts in this thread will be deleted.
yes sir jack black.gif

Reaction Score
Actually some people here can tell you what it was like. Don’t be judgemental because some of those people worked hard to become successful.
Read my post carefully. That’s not what I said.

Reaction Score
Yes it was.
Hurley mentioned coming to UConn so he can get the types of players in order to beat the Dukes and Oregons of the world, whereas at URI, the talent he had capped out and couldn't compete with Duke, especially on the interior.
It is not THE reason, but it is a factor combined with other reasons. Basically he can do stuff at UConn that he was unable to do at URI, like recruit high end big men. And getting high end big men will dramatically change this program.

If Hurley is successful, and your recruiting is certainly trending better right now, I think one of the things that potentially made him a very good hire for you is that if he gets to the tournament a few times, I don't think he necessarily bolts for a P-5 job. His family name is legendary in eastern HS circles. He should be able to recruit well to your history. He could see this as a long term job, if he can get it going. This will be an interesting couple weeks, that's for sure.

Reaction Score
Why even humor this IthacaMatt comment with likes? We aren’t losing a basketball coach to the P5. We won’t even lose players to Syracuse. Grow a sack. This is a huge job and Hurley is demonstrating it. Destination job, career coach.

Reaction Score
Why even humor this IthacaMatt comment with likes? We aren’t losing a basketball coach to the P5. We won’t even lose players to Syracuse. Grow a sack. This is a huge job and Hurley is demonstrating it. Destination job, career coach.
I agree. Money is not everything. The guy is already making millions. Is a bit more really going to change his quality of life? There are family considerations, stability, liking where you live and not wanting to move and more.

Reaction Score
There were only a handful of jobs that interested Hurley, as he received lots of interest after almost every season at URI. He got one of them. He’s not a guy who will coach forever, and he’s at a job he always wanted. It’s pretty simple.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

I think Cuse fans really struggle with the fact that UCONNs the superior program, even in a lesser league. Cognitive dissonance @#$!@#$! with you.

Reaction Score
If Hurley is successful, and your recruiting is certainly trending better right now, I think one of the things that potentially made him a very good hire for you is that if he gets to the tournament a few times, I don't think he necessarily bolts for a P-5 job. His family name is legendary in eastern HS circles. He should be able to recruit well to your history. He could see this as a long term job, if he can get it going. This will be an interesting couple weeks, that's for sure.
This isn't football. P5 vs UConn is meaningless as long as UConn continues to pay P5 salaries. If Hurley succeeds here and gets paid like at top 10 coach, he has no reason to leave. There are only a handful of P5 jobs that are better. Those few jobs most guys would leave for, including the next Syracuse hire. (well, maybe not Gerry McNamara) I think the more interesting move will be in football. Will Babers jump? I am sure you are aware of but afraid to admit that there is top tier then everyone else.

Reaction Score
I think Cuse fans really struggle with the fact that UCONNs the superior program, even in a lesser league. Cognitive dissonance @#$!@#$! with you.
The lesser league thing is an illusion or rather a perception that was foisted on by our friends in Bristol.
The odds were against it lasted more than two years. Bristol has changed its tune and the league perception is going in a 180 degree different direction. P7 is a reality.
I want Aresco to negotiate an early season challenge.

Reaction Score
The lesser league thing is an illusion or rather a perception that was foisted on by our friends in Bristol.
The odds were against it lasted more than two years. Bristol has changed its tune and the league perception is going in a 180 degree different direction. P7 is a reality.
I want Aresco to negotiate an early season challenge.
Lol, it’s not an illusion.

Reaction Score
This isn't football. P5 vs UConn is meaningless as long as UConn continues to pay P5 salaries. If Hurley succeeds here and gets paid like at top 10 coach, he has no reason to leave. There are only a handful of P5 jobs that are better. Those few jobs most guys would leave for, including the next Syracuse hire. (well, maybe not Gerry McNamara) I think the more interesting move will be in football. Will Babers jump? I am sure you are aware of but afraid to admit that there is top tier then everyone else.

Let's be honest. Your current league sucks.
You would have a much better looking future if you were in the Big East, if not a P-5 spot.
Then the talk about "P-5 doesn't matter" would be more accurate.

I'm much less worried about Syracuse being a stepping stone than you guys should be. Babers is in his 50s, and if he gets us over the hump and going to bowl games again, he could retire here. The Dome is perfect for a pass happy offense. Wins over Virginia Tech, Clemson and Florida State so far indicates that we are on the right track, if we can build depth and stay healthy. You would kill for wins like that right now.

You guys discount it, but Syracuse has so much history, in both sports. Yes, you own more national championships in basketball than we do, but that's it. I remember when they were evaluating the last batch of teams going to the ACC, I said SU's football history trumped your then-current success. You guys didn't believe it, but look what happened.

Syracuse University Sports.jpg
Syracuse University Sports.jpg

Reaction Score
You would have a much better looking future if you were in the Big East, if not a P-5 spot.

I'm much less worried about Syracuse being a stepping stone than you guys should be. Babers is in his 50s, and if he gets us over the hump and going to bowl games again, he could retire here. The Dome is perfect for a pass happy offense. Wins over Virginia Tech, Clemson and Florida State so far indicates that we are on the right track, if we can build depth and stay healthy. You would kill for wins like that right now.

You guys discount it, but Syracuse has so much history, in both sports. Yes, you own more national championships in basketball than we do, but that's it. I remember when they were evaluating the last batch of teams going to the ACC, I said SU's football history trumped your then-current success. You guys didn't believe it, but look what happened.

Syracuse University Sports.jpg View attachment 35292
You should worry about Babers. You are second tier with crappy facilities and pay like a G5 school. From what I hear, "he gone".

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Leaving aside Football, as there's not much defending UCONN there:

If we're talking basketball, the only thing SU really has on UCONN is a longer track record. UCONN's got more regular season championships, more conf tournament championships, more National championships. All in a shorter time frame. The only thing Cuse really has is 1 more Final Four (6 to 5), but again, that's largely a reflection of time frame. Heck, look at putting people in the pros; UCONNs got a ton of alumni that were quality players in the NBA? Syracuse has what, 4 or 5 tops?

I don't think being in the AAC is going to matter quite as much going forward (note: I'd take the ACC is nanosecond if given the choice). If UCONN and Memphis are on the come, the AAC will be strong in basketball. Stronger than the NBE for sure.

If Hurley is who we hope he is, UCONN can easily be a better version of Gonzaga, in a better conference.

If you're gonna mention lacrosse, might as well throw WCBB in there. Where UCONN is obviously legendary.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Talk about a list of meaningless facts.

1) Nobody cares about lacrosse. Go to Wesleyan or Amherst or the Johns Hopkins board. Nobody here is going to flash our Field Hockey titles in your face. We have 5 btw, and 3 since 2013.

2) Nice of Syracuse to put their name next to Duke & Kentucky when it comes to NBA players. 9 out of every 10 players that get drafted from Syracuse and go to NBA are BIG BUSTS! Tyler LOLydon. Ennis? Flynn? These guys stink.

3) Congrats on your final 4 appearances. I think the 2009 UConn final 4 is the most forgotten year in program history.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom