Tre Mitchell in the transfer portal | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Tre Mitchell in the transfer portal

Reaction Score
W
Yeah, that’s basically what everyone has been saying in this thread... It doesn’t seem like a good fit.
Why??? Think he could team w sanogo to form a great interchangeable high low combo. Think sanogo's game away from the basket is going to develop nicely and that he is a good passer also.
This will not happen for many reasons I won't get into, tre could play w Watson effectively at PC.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
You guys are crazy not wanting him and Fatts. Gonzaga and Michigan would take him but we won’t - that is insane.

They’d be our leading scorers with Sanogo. I love our guys - but you need competition. Only way a nice kid like Gaffney is forced to get better is to be competing for his spot.

Small difference is that those teams have guys leaving and holes to fill. UConn has Cole and sanogo in their primary spots.

Zags lose Suggs and Michigan loses smith this year so both have a hole to fatts to step into right away.

If Mitchell was a clear fit and no question of his ability to play the 4 full time everyone would want him without thinking twice. But it’s a legit question to ask.

Reaction Score
Small difference is that those teams have guys leaving and holes to fill. UConn has Cole and sanogo in their primary spots.

Zags lose Suggs and Michigan loses smith this year so both have a hole to fatts to step into right away.

If Mitchell was a clear fit and no question of his ability to play the 4 full time everyone would want him without thinking twice. But it’s a legit question to ask.
So you think Mitchell not coming to UCONN for the 2nd time is because of DH questioning his fit and ability?

Reaction Score
So you think Mitchell not coming to UCONN for the 2nd time is because of DH questioning his fit and ability?
No I think he's going to go somewhere with significantly more playing time available than we can offer

Reaction Score
Let's pump the brakes on Tre and see if there's even mutual interest between them first. It's possible that Tre thinks he should be a featured player with starter minutes somewhere and DH thinks Samson is a better fit long term and he'd rather invest the PT with him. As you know.DH likes two-way players. Nothing I've heard about Tre suggests he's into playing a ton of D.

Let's let DH get back from the Tournament before he's got to start making roster decisions with guys in the portal.

Reaction Score
Bergeron can be the towel boy if that’s what it takes to get Mitchell. Hell I’ll even throw in 20 grab and go meals. I have a feeling he’s gonna ask for a full meal plan though, if so he’s out of his mind

Reaction Score
Yeah, well to delve a little deeper into the "history" of the program.. The administration at WA had a handshake deal to absorb the PSA program 4-5 years ago and at the last minute a wealthy investor dropped a few million into the school and PSA walked away from the deal. Administration dealt with this in a very petty way (that's how they deal with everything up there) and decided to create a post grad program and essentially attempt to put them out of business.

The corresponding move with this was to buy the Pomfret School which had gone out of business and that gigantic business expense blew up in their face because the school fell into massive financial peril. Partly because they were putting all of these pseudo blue chip NCAA prospects on scholarship - meaning they then had to scratch and claw to fill every bed of the dorms - which substantially brought down the academic component of their boarding population.

They found moderate success with Bergeron at the helm, but obviously he was up to some below board activities while there. He found a better deal, I think they knew he eventually would, and he pointed them in the direction of his successor and the program has been just treading water since then.

I've sent a few players to PSA over the years, and while the program has found success and continues to raise it's profile - I just have always been concerned with the academics there. Whenever someone asks me about the place, I just respond with a deep sigh and say, I just hope these kids' transcripts aren't scrutinized heading into college. Tommy is a good guy and does a great job up there, but as an educator myself, the academic component up there is very troubling.

This explains everything I've heard.

I know there was at least 1 kid leaving PSA functionally illiterate. Hasn't gone to class in months but somehow has all As. Really sad to see the system take advantage of athletes like that

Reaction Score
Dude is ranked #5 available transfer in the country. He will get significant minutes at any school in America
Dig deeper bro. This has nothing to do with Tre Mitchell's ability. (I agree that he would see plenty of time at UConn) My guess is he ends up somewhere with a reputation. Ya know what i am sayin? ;)

and if you go by this guy, he is 16th: (shout out to Josh by the way)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Dig deeper bro. This has nothing to do with Tre Mitchell's ability. (I agree that he would see plenty of time at UConn) My guess is he ends up somewhere with a reputation. Ya know what i am sayin? ;)

I don’t know much about a lot of these players, but Hararr over Kessler is insane. Completely makes this list illegitimate.

Reaction Score
I don’t know much about a lot of these players, but Hararr over Kessler is insane. Completely makes this list illegitimate.
Yeah, I am not vouching for this guy’s credibility. Just saw it on Twitter and thought I would share.

Reaction Score
Never heard of this dude, my info came from CBS sports.
No I am not Tony b.
Just forgot why I left this site years ago, I will just stop posting, too frustrating w some of the posts here

Reaction Score
No I am not Tony b.
Just forgot why I left this site years ago, I will just stop posting, too frustrating w some of the posts here
No issue with you posting, but that list is ridiculous. Kessler was a 5 star recruit who was very good his freshman year and only didn’t put up bigger numbers because of a stacked frontcourt. Harrar was a 3 star guy with solid numbers, nothing great, with severe limitations to his game. He’d be a 15 minute rotation guy for us at best. Kessler could walk in and be a star at most programs.

Reaction Score
No I am not Tony b.
I wasn’t the one who asked if you were Tony B. Mitchell is definitely talented enough to play for us; it’s a matter of the fit. I’d put Mitchell behind Kessler bit ahead of Harrar in terms of transfer rankings.

Reaction Score
I wasn’t the one who asked if you were Tony B. Mitchell is definitely talented enough to play for us; it’s a matter of the fit. I’d put Mitchell behind Kessler bit ahead of Harrar in terms of transfer rankings.
I know Tony b. Always been solid w me but know all about his rep.
I know it wasn't u, i replied kinda multi tasking, like I always do on this site.
Tre not coming to uconn but my point was it has nothing to do with him not being good enough to play big minutes at uconn. Really wondering where the points for uconn are going to come from next yr, Tre can score

Reaction Score
No issue with you posting, but that list is ridiculous. Kessler was a 5 star recruit who was very good his freshman year and only didn’t put up bigger numbers because of a stacked frontcourt. Harrar was a 3 star guy with solid numbers, nothing great, with severe limitations to his game. He’d be a 15 minute rotation guy for us at best. Kessler could walk in and be a star at most programs.
Not really understanding your response, just saying tre is a talent who would get big minutes now and DH feels the same way since he recruited him hard out of HS

Reaction Score

This list is a joke, must be outdated or something. Sorry u r chick in u r pic immediately loses credibility to!
I actually just took a real look at it, does this guy actually watch college basketball?? Got to be a very outdated list, only defense for him I can think of

Reaction Score
Tre to UConn only becomes interesting if DH sees a fit. Tre wants PT.. I think DH really likes the potential of AA/AS/SJ/RS and is not sure he can provide Tre with the PT he's looking for. Not to mention if IW returns,

Does not mean Tre cannot flourish on the right team.

Reaction Score
I'd love to get Tre, but I doubt he views UConn as an attractive option because of the front-court guys we have already.

Akok, Sanogo, Whaley (potentially), and Johnson/Springs are a lot to compete with.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score

Just bumping this here for no particular reason. Oh yeah, the mom has a go fund me to replace personal items lost in a house fire last month "that insurance won't pay for."

Reaction Score
Anyone have a list of schools that have reached out to him? I haven’t seen much about his transfer on social media

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom