Tre Mitchell in the transfer portal | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Tre Mitchell in the transfer portal

Reaction Score

Amherst not far from Storrs so he can stay at UMassand coach while mom can go watch, id day perfect scenario.

Sorry no brainer talented big who can pass, shoot and play in the low post. If he’s interested then our Huskies should be.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Amherst not far from Storrs so he can stay at UMassand coach while mom can go watch, id day perfect scenario.

Sorry no brainer talented big who can pass, shoot and play in the low post. If he’s interested then our Huskies should be.

I’ll take him. But does he want to come here and fight with sanogo for minutes

Reaction Score
Unfortunately, kid not likely for UCONN.
He's not going anywhere for backup role.
His Mom's BF is staying at UMASS.
Providence very heavy in the mix
One might say they are the leader in the clubhouse.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
He’s not starting over Watson if Watson stays.

Reaction Score
He’s not starting over Watson if Watson stays.
TRest:
That's If Watson stays.
He can team with Watson with Horchler a 6th man.
That and Duke etc is a potentially good team.

Reaction Score
Question for the BY Scouting Dept since I have not seen tape on Tre. Does he have the skills to move up to BE
and play starter minutes or is he a role player? If he's a role player kind of recruit--Can he accept that or is he looking to be be a featured player with starter minutes?

With a fully recovered AA (hopefully).AS/SJ/RS and perhaps either JC/IW back.. Tre would have to look at the long view re; significant PT in future years.. No JC or IW next year--Different looking roster needs.

From comments I've seen in this OP and previous ones re: his back-to-basket offensive comfort level /face up jumper/passing skills. Those are all attractive skills for a 5 to have.

I don't see DH recruiting over AS/SJ and is also trying to give AA the time and patience to fully recover and return to form for a featured role next year.

Reaction Score
I have seen him play numerous times in person at UMass. He is a very talented offensive player. Surprised they haven’t done better there with a talent like him. Wherever he lands he will not take to being in any kind of backup role. I’m guessing he simply wants more exposure on a bigger stage and a chance to play in the NCAA Tournament

Reaction Score
Sounds like playing with fire. But, I don't see a PT issue here. He can play the 4 or 5. He can start along side Sanogo. Akok can play the 3 or 4.

If Whaley returns, then there is a problem and I say hard pass for sure.

Reaction Score
A10 is a really really undersized league. It’s a lot easier for a good big man to dominate there than a power conference (obviously). That being said, Tre Mitchell is more of a stretch 4 in my eyes, though he played center at umass. Yeah I would take him on UConn, but he’s not a difference maker for the team. Would probably have an impact similar to Tyrese Martin had this year, at best. Either way doubt there’s a lot of mutual interest

Side note, he honestly looks a little chubby / out of shape to me. Not surprised given the bad program at umass. Just think what UConn could do to his body

Reaction Score
A leader in the clubhouse is a favorite who can no longer do anything to change its standing. I don't think that applies to Providence.

Reaction Score
Really? He's listed at 240. Or do you mean he needs to trim some fat?

I've only looked at the numbers, but he seems like exactly what we need in a backup big, or maybe a 4 alongside Sanogo in a big lineup (Whaley replacement).

Reaction Score
What?? He averaged 19/7??
He is not going anywhere to be a back up

Reaction Score
Let’s get him! Would be a hell of a addition and provides something different than Sanogo, both would be intriguing together
Skilled player, could definitely play the 4.
When I heard he was leaving UMass my first question was is he going to enter the draft, very skilled player.
He would make UCONN a legit sweet 16 team without bouk ny

Reaction Score
Skilled player, could definitely play the 4.
When I heard he was leaving UMass my first question was is he going to enter the draft, very skilled player.
He would make UCONN a legit sweet 16 team without bouk ny
He can't play the 4, he'd have to be a backup to Sanogo which isn't happening

Reaction Score
Question for the BY Scouting Dept since I have not seen tape on Tre. Does he have the skills to move up to BE
and play starter minutes or is he a role player? If he's a role player kind of recruit--Can he accept that or is he looking to be be a featured player with starter minutes?

With a fully recovered AA (hopefully).AS/SJ/RS and perhaps either JC/IW back.. Tre would have to look at the long view re; significant PT in future years.. No JC or IW next year--Different looking roster needs.

From comments I've seen in this OP and previous ones re: his back-to-basket offensive comfort level /face up jumper/passing skills. Those are all attractive skills for a 5 to have.

I don't see DH recruiting over AS/SJ and is also trying to give AA the time and patience to fully recover and return to form for a featured role next year.
UMASS is not d2??!!
If he averaged 19/7 in their league he can be a good player in the big East to

Reaction Score
Of course he can and, if he has any hopes of playing in the NBA, he has to do it as a 4. He is good and would make us better.

Reaction Score
My thoughts on Tre would be he'd be a lot better for Hurley, perfect fit for him to be who he wants to be. He would be pushed to his max, rounded into great shape and would be able to be on the floor with Sanogo quite often. Kid can shoot, pass and play back to basket. Take him in a second.

Reaction Score
Why can’t he play the 4? Isn’t that his position or I’m trippin? With his outside and scoring touch he seems like a good match with Sanogo not his back up

Reaction Score
Why can’t he play the 4? Isn’t that his position or I’m trippin? With his outside and scoring touch he seems like a good match with Sanogo not his back up

Defense. And as we all know that's Hurley's priority with rotations.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom