Transfers (merged threads)

Status
Not open for further replies.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

petmd-dog-laughing.jpg

Reaction Score
Auriemma is totally correct, and it extends beyond coaches. I think professors feel the same way - one slip of the tongue and you could get reported and put on leave. One bad grade and the student's parents will try to get you fired. For whatever reason (some good, some bad), the younger generation is not at all deferential to authority figures and feels very entitled to their own opinions. This has changed very dramatically even in the past 5 or so years. I wonder how much social media and the ability to feed any perceived slight to the "outrage machine" has changed how young people perceive interactions with authority figures, coupled with so much permissive parenting where their kids are "always right."

Geno's zero tolerance for BS has always been one of the things I've appreciated most about him.
Professor and College instructors have walked a tight rope for many many years. For them this not brand new. In truth, the wide path of these new issues tend to take in anyone from Dean down to cleaning staff. Every coach needs to be advised and learn the new normal. If this continues few of the existing coaches, imo, will be around in year or 2.

Reaction Score

Jason Key@bballjkey
- Rumor is 590+ in the portal...#Sheesh

With 590+ in the portal, Geno shouldn't have a problem finding suitable players to round out his roster for next year. :D
Wanting and taking is different. Geno, apparently if all reasons/reports are accurate, should vette them seriously. Uconn could use a player of 2. The question to me is how much does GENO NEED them?? From my understanding: A Uconn type kid fits within a pretty rigid box, how many of the 590 will fit in that box??
One or more potential recruits named the AAC as an EXCUSE (not a reason) for not taking Uconn. Geno demands are more than highly motivated kids have ever faced what will that do those not so motivated? Then there is the omi-heard : Uconn isn't for everyone which means many will look but few will take.
If any of the 590 left for being pushed too hard those are easy write offs. My question is: How many does that leave--?? 4:?

Reaction Score

Jason Key@bballjkey
- Rumor is 590+ in the portal...#Sheesh

With 590+ in the portal, Geno shouldn't have a problem finding suitable players to round out his roster for next year. :D
But they have to be grad transfers for them to be immediately eligible to play next season. Not everyone gets the “ND waiver” for their transfer kids to play immediately

Reaction Score
Just a major hothead. At least twice this season alone she's gotten sportsmanship technicals and then refused to let it go, had to be physically restrained and was ejected. The first time was against Wake Forest in January and she was suspended for half a game. The second time was against Duke and she was suspended for the next full game in the ACC tournament.
6'4' and looks like she can rebound. Works for me.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
well on paper she looked good. . . ;)

:p

No, I saw the other name somewhere. Not a name I recognized. Not Bailey.

EDIT - found the tweet:

Boyd is from Charlotte..... Watts is from the Charlotte suburbs. You gotta think that the Orange County College were their dream school. Jones committed as a 8 grader... When players like these want a transfer... its obvious something is astray in Chapel Hill

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
UConn has no shot. She puts the rolled up shorts look into a whole new league. Looks like Magic's shorts in college.

Yep - those are really short shorts! :rolleyes:

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Taja Cole is grad transferring from Georgia. 3rd school in her career. Wonder if she is chasin’ a ring a la chloe Jackson?

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
A couple more names here (Sniezek, Gondrezick) that I hadn't heard dropped yet.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
What makes it worse is the quagmire of honorifics professors have to wade through. One slip there and you're a gonner as well. Add to this the idea that every opinion is valid no matter the source or how many agree with it and teaching today is a minefield

Honest question: What's the quagmire of honorifics that professors have to wade through? I've spent much of my adult life on campuses, and the only honorifics I can think of are professor, doctor, dean, mr. and ms.

I've spent very little time at med schools; I know that there's a real pecking order there related to the letters after your name.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Add Kianna Smith from Cal. She is a good player.

Definitely a blow to Cal. She started all 33 games this year (as a soph) and averaged about 10 ppg.

That leaves Jaelyn Brown as the only returning starter for Cal. Anigwe, Thomas and Caldwell all graduate.

Last edited:

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
What about Malu Tshitenge-Mutombo ? She's a commit for 2019 to UNC. She's Dikembe Mutombo's Niece. BUT... She's Azzi Fudd's teammate at SJC HS in DC... I realize she's only 56 per HG and 51 per PN, but she is a 6'3" post player... slender, athletic, runs the floor well, very good shot blocker with a developing back to the basket game...

Should she decide to jump from the sinking ship, do we take a hard look? Just a thought...

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
A couple more names here (Sniezek, Gondrezick) that I hadn't heard dropped yet.

Sniezek doesn't surprise me at all. She has a grad transfer year for immediate eligibility and unless someone leaves Stanford in the off-season there's no fifth-year scholarship spot for her.

She's from the DC area and I think UVa is desperate for a PG - I could see that as a plausible landing spot. Her offensive production is not amazing because she is pretty hesitant to shoot the ball, but she's otherwise a really good PG with an exceptional basketball IQ. I suspect she will end up coaching before long.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
What about Malu Tshitenge-Mutombo ? She's a commit for 2019 to UNC. She's Dikembe Mutombo's Niece. BUT... She's Azzi Fudd's teammate at SJC HS in DC... I realize she's only 56 per HG and 51 per PN, but she is a 6'3" post player... slender, athletic, runs the floor well, very good shot blocker with a developing back to the basket game...

Should she decide to jump from the sinking ship, do we take a hard look? Just a thought...
I've seen Malu. She's a great kid and a pretty good player.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Sniezek doesn't surprise me at all. She has a grad transfer year for immediate eligibility and unless someone leaves Stanford in the off-season there's no fifth-year scholarship spot for her.

She's from the DC area and I think UVa is desperate for a PG - I could see that as a plausible landing spot. Her offensive production is not amazing because she is pretty hesitant to shoot the ball, but she's otherwise a really good PG with an exceptional basketball IQ. I suspect she will end up coaching before long.
Marta was the DC area POY in the pre-Fudd era. I expected her to do more at Stanford than she has, but she's still a pretty good player.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score

ND was her other finalist and I would imagine ND would still welcome her...

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Marta was the DC area POY in the pre-Fudd era. I expected her to do more at Stanford than she has, but she's still a pretty good player.

Virginia isnt a bad school to have a graduate degree from either...

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Definitely a blow to Cal. She started all 33 games this year (as a soph) and averaged about 10 ppg.

That leaves Jaelyn Brown as the only returning starter for Cal. Anigwe, Thomas and Caldwell all graduate.

They might sink near the bottom of the conference. Pac 12 is a bad place to be when you are rebuilding mode.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Honest question: What's the quagmire of honorifics that professors have to wade through? I've spent much of my adult life on campuses, and the only honorifics I can think of are professor, doctor, dean, mr. and ms.

I've spent very little time at med schools; I know that there's a real pecking order there related to the letters after your name.
It seems these days under 30's have a slew of gender neutral titles they prefer, and the number seems generative. They include non binaries starting with Ind. for individual, M., Misc. (relating that some have aspects of varying genders at various times), Mx, Ser, Ze. and a phalanx of others. Many professors are resorting to asking individual students which one they prefer. Often the student will tell the professor. This issue seems to be most prevalent all the east and west coasts and in major cities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom