Transfers (merged threads) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Transfers (merged threads)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I posted this on the subforum, but Raoul has reported that Pac-12 FOY Dre'Una Edwards (Utah) has entered her name into the transfer portal.

She's currently rehabbing from her late February ACL injury, so she'd be unlikely to seek a waiver for immediate eligibility. But still she'll be an important get for somebody.

Reaction Score
Was Ali Patberg a transfer from ND to Indiana or am i misremembering?

yes.............having watched her playing with Indiana a few times this season I really doubt she's going anywhere........

Reaction Score
Elizabeth Balogun and Kierra Fletcher have entered the portal.

two pretty good players................of course I wonder whether there's any chance they can play next year under the GT circumstances...........

Reaction Score
two pretty good players......of course I wonder whether there's any chance they can play next year under the GT circumstances......
If Balogun came and was eligible, I’d say we have our fifth starter. @futuretitles says Mississippi State or Louisville though.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I guess its just getting out to the mainstream triangle press.guess they are a few days/weeks behind
She's gonna make someone pretty happy.... not sure if she is doing the grad transfer thing like Walker is.
Yup.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
I guess its just getting out to the mainstream triangle press.guess they are a few days/weeks behind

I knew about Walker. Wasn't sure if I had heard about Watts and Jones. Watts is a nice player. Too bad she was hurt down the stretch.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
UConn, but a lot of schools would if she transferred there.

Oh Ok.... for some reason I thought you repped the SEC... like TAMU or Miss State.... i was confused

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
UConn, but a lot of schools would if she transferred there.
Balogun is a nice player but for UCONN she would be duplicative of Aubrey Griffin IMO

Reaction Score

You know, this has to have been taken out of context. I don't believe he meant to connect "players these days" with what has happened at North Carolina, which has included allegations of racist language. And whatever else is being investigated. I have to assume that these players are transferring for far more serious reasons than that they were "pushed" to work hard.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
You know, this has to have been taken out of context. I don't believe he meant to connect "players these days" with what has happened at North Carolina, which has included allegations of racist language. And whatever else is being investigated. I have to assume that these players are transferring for far more serious reasons than that they were "pushed" to work hard.

Whatever is going on at UNC comes on the heels of the Georgia Tech situation. Then you also have the situation at Nebraska that led to Yori's resignation and the investigation of McCallie at Duke. And spiking transfer rates generally. So there's more than just UNC.

Someone of the alleged language used at UNC or by Joseph at GT is clearly over the line. But one person's "emotional abuse" can be another's "tough love".

More directly to the point of what Geno is talking about, take this anecdote form the recent ESPNW profile of Muffet:

"A few years back when one of her players transferred, she told McGraw that the coach was never satisfied. She always wanted more. "I told her that was true," McGraw says. "She needed to do more. And she wasn't giving it to us."

(I'm dying to know who that player was, btw. Has to be either Taya Reimer or Erin Boley).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom