Transfers (merged threads) | Page 34 | The Boneyard

Transfers (merged threads)

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Absolutely. I used it in a youth league where no one could shoot the three. Since zone defense was forbidden, we would back cut all game. Almost every basket we made was a layup.
The 5 out motion offense traces its origin to Pete Carrill’s Princeton offense back in the 60’s, 70’s and 80’’s. I remember watching Princeton games back before the introduction of the shot clock or 3-pt line. The Tigers would run their offense forever, sometimes 5 minutes or more, without taking a shot until, inevitably, the opposing team would have a defensive breakdown, a Princeton player would make a backdoor cut to receive a perfect pass for an easy layup. Princeton might play an entire game, take 20-25 shots in total, most of which were layups, shoot 85% and win the game 42-36.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Why? If they are interesting, isn't that the point of Instagram? I don't follow many. Just the ones I find interesting.
Most people here are men in their 60’s and 70’s, old enough to be their grandfathers or great grandfathers. If you had a 16-22 year old daughter would you want a bunch of older men following her personal life? Not me

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
But most of them are treated like celebrities, with public pages. Why would it be ok to look at the account of Zion Williamson, but not Megan Walker ?
They are not celebrities they are players on the basketball team that we support. We should be treating them like we would our own daughters, not like some random celebrity.
Megan is a young woman, Zion a young man-society has assigned a value system well before social media came along. (we can debate the value system at another time)
As I have said before, it is Ok to look or share basketball related information on the players public social media. What you say, do or post after looking is the key.
Good Example:
I think Evina Westbrook might be visiting UCONN because of something Megan Walker posted on instagram.
Bad Example:
Magnify a picture from a players instagram, just to determine if a player was some place and you are still not sure it is even that player in the picture. but post your magnified picture anyway. Someone like me (maybe others) would find that to be creepy and call you on it.
Horrible Example:
Someone from this board contacted Nika Muhl via social media to ask her what class she was in because the we were confused and dying to know.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Most people here are men in their 60’s and 70’s, old enough to be their grandfathers- or great grandfathers. If you had a 16-22 year old daughter would you want a bunch of older men following her personal life? Not me
Instagram is NOT personal. The kids know, or should know, that what they post is public. If my kid was a super athlete playing for a top D1 team, I would expect her to have followers who are fans of the team. Why assume anything nefarious? I would be proud if my kid did and said things that were admirable.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I would actually argue that Walker & Westbrook were #1 & #1A in their class, as I believe they both earned one or more NPOY awards. Beyond the terrible coaching, Westbrook was playing out of position in an offense that didn’t fully exploit her skills.

Put Westbrook in Geno’s 5-out, motion offense where everyone is expected to pass, cut and shoot, and give her the opportunity to develop under the best coaching staff in WBB and she will be outstanding.
Well p

Well put Couldn’t agree more
Umm What’s a 5 -out motion offense??
It’s basically a positionless offense where 5 players spread the floor and read each other’s movements. Every player is required to cut, pass and shoot. If it’s run well, like UConn WBB at its best, it’s beautiful to watch and virtually impossible to defend.
The 5 out motion offense traces its origin to Pete Carrill’s Princeton offense back in the 60’s, 70’s and 80’’s. I remember watching Princeton games back before the introduction of the shot clock or 3-pt line. The Tigers would run their offense forever, sometimes 5 minutes or more, without taking a shot until, inevitably, the opposing team would have a defensive breakdown, a Princeton player would make a backdoor cut to receive a perfect pass for an easy layup. Princeton might play an entire game, take 20-25 shots in total, most of which were layups, shoot 85% and win the game 42-36.
Just a heads up here. UCONN doesn't run a 5-0 motion offense. They normally run a 4-1. Also UCONN's motion offense is not from the Princton offense (ND's is). UCONN's lineage goes back to Henry Iba's motion offense. Although both motion offenses, there are differences.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Instagram is NOT personal. The kids know, or should know, that what they post is public. If my kid was a super athlete playing for a top D1 team, I would expect her to have followers who are fans of the team. Why assume anything nefarious? I would be proud if my kid did and said things that were admirable.

And I think they’ve been pretty well-trained on what is and isn’t okay to post. They know that anything they put out will be scrutinized and representative of the program as a whole. Megan and Evina knew what they were doing when they posted they were together. What 20-year-old doesn’t love a little pot stirring?

It also wouldn’t surprise me if they had a Finsta (a Fake Instagram with another name that stays locked) for more personal things with their inner circle of friends. I would venture to say that about half of my high schoolers have one. I think if people tried to start infiltrating those, THAT would be creepy.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I’m pretty sure Cooks would have to sit out a year. Westbrook may not due to coaching change. No change at Michigan State.
Who knows at this point. The transfer rules seem to change and be reinterpreted on an hourly basis.

Reaction Score
I believe I’m not a creep or stalker .. I never have ever contacted a player or intend to. I follow because I love my team just like these players folllow other famous or top athletes who they dont even know. I only posted a pic to confirm that some of the players didn’t go home and all this talk about Westbrook not being on campus and all that. I’m on twitter and follow many people it’s called social media.. think throwing in the word creep is a little overdrawn.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I believe I’m not a creep or stalker .. I never have ever contacted a player or intend to. I follow because I love my team just like these players folllow other famous or top athletes who they dont even know. I only posted a pic to confirm that some of the players didn’t go home and all this talk about Westbrook not being on campus and all that. I’m on twitter and follow many people it’s called social media.. think throwing in the word creep is a little overdrawn.

But your avitar is a bit scary.:eek: ;);)

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Yes UConn needs bigs but in addition they just need more bodies. I think a Griffin, Makurat, Westbrook, and Cooks group would be just what the doctor ordered for next year.
1555950437370.png

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Just a heads up here. UCONN doesn't run a 5-0 motion offense. They normally run a 4-1. Also UCONN's motion offense is not from the Princton offense (ND's is). UCONN's lineage goes back to Henry Iba's motion offense. Although both motion offenses, there are differences.
Also Geno has stolen so liberally from the Princeton and the triangle offense that his offense is unrecognizable from either.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Also Geno has stolen so liberally from the Princeton and the triangle offense that his offense is unrecognizable from either.
Agree, it's pretty much his own now. But at it's base is the Iba motion offense.

Reaction Score
A lot of talk and even me... but do we have confirmation that Evina was indeed on campus this past weekend or was it all speculation?? Any news on potential transfers?? This off season is going to be a long one!!! I miss the season already

Reaction Score
Then Oregon it is!!! Oregon is on a recruiting frenzy landed top guard last week and just landed top
30 6-4 post player yesterday. Sadly it’s Oregon, home state, and Oregon is the favorites to win it all next season and she will get the ncaa waiver and play right away. She will be surrounded with amazing talent and they have plenty of room at the guard position for her. Yes it’s Sabrina ‘s team but if the source in credible it’s a no brainer.. she’s headed to Oregon. Now we can put this whole thing to bed and focus on next season

Reaction Score
And I think they’ve been pretty well-trained on what is and isn’t okay to post. They know that anything they put out will be scrutinized and representative of the program as a whole. Megan and Evina knew what they were doing when they posted they were together. What 20-year-old doesn’t love a little pot stirring?

It also wouldn’t surprise me if they had a Finsta (a Fake Instagram with another name that stays locked) for more personal things with their inner circle of friends. I would venture to say that about half of my high schoolers have one. I think if people tried to start infiltrating those, THAT would be creepy.
You know, I had a hard enough time with emoji, now we have Finsta! I am going to have to get me an internet dictionary!

Reaction Score
Oh and Oregon signed 3 players for next season. A 6-5 foward from Australia and a guard from Australia and another guard from Great Britian .. Oregon sure has a lot of internstional players who usually have more experience on that level then college. So not sure how that will effect Evina but Oregon is going to be very talented and have a lot of depth. Either UCONN or Oregon she will be able to play right away and start.. my guess it’s Oregon .. her home state and playing for the on favorites to win it all next season.

Reaction Score
Most people here are men in their 60’s and 70’s, old enough to be their grandfathers- or great grandfathers. If you had a 16-22 year old daughter would you want a bunch of older men following her personal life? Not me

And here I was thinking I was a Boneyard fossil at age 55 -

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Oh and Oregon signed 3 players for next season. A 6-5 foward from Australia and a guard from Australia and another guard from Great Britian .. Oregon sure has a lot of internstional players who usually have more experience on that level then college. So not sure how that will effect Evina but Oregon is going to be very talented and have a lot of depth. Either UCONN or Oregon she will be able to play right away and start.. my guess it’s Oregon .. her home state and playing for the on favorites to win it all next season.
Wait, I thought you just got through telling us to "trust you" that Evina was going to UConn because your gut was telling you? I'm confused.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom