Transfers (merged threads) | Page 36 | The Boneyard

Transfers (merged threads)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Any idea why Patterson is looking to leave South Bend, particularly when she would likely start next season?

She played very little in her first two years considering that she was a high-school All-American.

Also, Muffet tended to have a pretty quick hook with her. One mental mistake and she would come out and the starter would go back in. I could see her wanting a coach with a lighter touch.

Other than that, I don't know.

Reaction Score
Oh and Oregon signed 3 players for next season. A 6-5 foward from Australia and a guard from Australia and another guard from Great Britian .. Oregon sure has a lot of internstional players who usually have more experience on that level then college. So not sure how that will effect Evina but Oregon is going to be very talented and have a lot of depth. Either UCONN or Oregon she will be able to play right away and start.. my guess it’s Oregon .. her home state and playing for the on favorites to win it all next season.
I thought you said the other day that she was definitely going to UConn? Or am I remembering someone else’s post. At my age, I’m never sure.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
She played very little in her first two years considering that she was a high-school All-American.

Also, Muffet tended to have a pretty quick hook with her. One mental mistake and she would come out and the starter would go back in. I could see her wanting a coach with a lighter touch.

Other than that, I don't know.
If she wants a coach with a lighter touch, I certainly doubt she ends up landing in Storrs.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
BB, we all appreciate your enthusiasm and energy, but please consider going for a long walk, taking up meditation or have a couple good stiff drinks. Stay calm and all will be revealed in good time. :cool:

Reaction Score
Westbrook's original finalists were Oregon State, Notre Dame, Maryland and USC, yet there she was in Storrs this weekend.

Nothing really surprises me anymore.

I would be happily but extremely surprised if Westbrook ends up at UConn even after a visit..........................

Reaction Score
Why extremely surprised?

I have questions...............with only two years left is there enough time to correct her sloppy style of play? After wanting to play for Tennessee where practice is like summer camp is she willing to spend every day in a boot camp? If she can't get an immediate transfer is a two guard or wing what UConn need going forward with PB, Muhl and possibly Makurat in the fold?

Reaction Score
I have questions.....with only two years left is there enough time to correct her sloppy style of play? After wanting to play for Tennessee where practice is like summer camp is she willing to spend every day in a boot camp? If she can't get an immediate transfer is a two guard or wing what UConn need going forward with PB, Muhl and possibly Makurat in the fold?

I also would be very surprised if Westbrook ended up at UConn. With that being said... She could could have simply matured and realized that all the talent and potential she had was being wasted. Some kids think they are going to step on a college campus and dominate like they did in HS. Maybe Westbrook was hit with the realization that she had to step her work ethic up in order to live up to her God given ability? There is no better place than Storrs, CT for that to happen!

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I have questions.....with only two years left is there enough time to correct her sloppy style of play? After wanting to play for Tennessee where practice is like summer camp is she willing to spend every day in a boot camp? If she can't get an immediate transfer is a two guard or wing what UConn need going forward with PB, Muhl and possibly Makurat in the fold?

One thing about Westbrook is that despite shaky coaching she did improve as a sophomore. She increased her shooting percentages across the board with more attempts and reduced her TO's even though they were still high. She has some flaws but most sophomore's do. I'm not sure I see her as a wing which she'd have to play a lot at UConn but, outside of that, there's no doubt she's talented and young enough to improve more.

Remember that her alleged other top option is Oregon and Kelly Graves won't put up with nonsense either. He cleaned up Oregon's unserious style and made them a contender in no time.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
If she can't get an immediate transfer is a two guard or wing what UConn need going forward with PB, Muhl and possibly Makurat in the fold?

I have questions about her eligibility too, but UConn must know what they want and what they're doing. I think it would be best to have her eligible immediately. Then again, she'd have the option of going pro after a year so that could play into it as well.

Someone is going to play lots of wing if Westbrook comes to Storrs. At least for a season.

Reaction Score
One thing about Westbrook is that despite shaky coaching she did improve as a sophomore. She increased her shooting percentages across the board with more attempts and reduced her TO's even though they were still high. She has some flaws but most sophomore's do. I'm not sure I see her as a wing which she'd have to play a lot at UConn but, outside of that, there's no doubt she's talented and young enough to improve more.

Remember that her alleged other top option is Oregon and Kelly Graves won't put up with nonsense either. He cleaned up Oregon's unserious style and made them a contender in no time.

hey I'd be happy to have her but if she can't play next year she's just another really good guard adding to a position of strength the following season...............a player like Cooks is just as interesting to me as she would help fill a position of need up front where as of now the cupboard is pretty bare.........

Reaction Score
Westbrook is a great talent but if she can't play this coming season, I don't think UConn needs her. If she sits a year and than starts playing for 2 seasons in 2020, she'll take valuable playing time away from PB and Nika. If she can play this coming season she'll represent a bridge between Dangerfield and PB/Nika.

Reaction Score
Westbrook is a great talent but if she can't play this coming season, I don't think UConn needs her. If she sits a year and than starts playing for 2 seasons in 2020, she'll take valuable playing time away from PB and Nika. If she can play this coming season she'll represent a bridge between Dangerfield and PB/Nika.
Yes, but Paige didn’t want a bridge. She listed coming right in and taking Crystal’s spot as a reason she committed.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Yes, but Paige didn’t want a bridge. She listed coming right in and taking Crystal’s spot as a reason she committed.

I think her language was 'wanting to go to a place where she can make an immediate impact'. Starting is not the only way to make an immediate impact and competing for playing time against top players for 1 year should not worry Paige and will only make her better for her Sophomore year.

Reaction Score

I think you are undervaluing just how good Westbrook can be with the right coaching. The kid is a scoring machine, and when properly used in UConn's offense, could put up ridiculous numbers. I can see a starting lineup in 2020 of
Bueckers 1
Williams 2
Westbrook 3
Walker 4
Nelson-Ododa 5

That lineup features 4 over 6 ft(expect Bueckers to grow 1 inch by then) that can all shoot, pass, and handle the ball. Then you have a 6'4 rim protector in ONO behind them.

Reaction Score
I think her language was 'wanting to go to a place where she can make an immediate impact'. Starting is not the only way to make an immediate impact and competing for playing time against top players for 1 year should not worry Paige and will only make her better for her Sophomore year.
From the ESPN Article:

When I picked a college, I wanted a school where I can make an impact right away," Bueckers said. "Crystal [Dangerfield] is a point guard. I'm a point guard. But I don't want to take that for granted.
Dangerfield's 2020 graduation, Bueckers said, "was a big thought for me, but I didn't want that to be my whole decision. Anything can happen. I don't want to get a big head and say, 'Oh, I'm going to UConn, and I'm going to start right away.'"

She does list Crystal’s graduation as a “big thought.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger