Transfers (merged threads) | Page 23 | The Boneyard

Transfers (merged threads)

Status
Not open for further replies.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
All would be culture changes lol

Definitely so.. But that one though :confused:. I certainly give credit to their coach for making miss state a viable destination for young ladies.. Particularly those who live outside of Mississippi

Reaction Score
Talk about hyperbole. Stewart/Tuck/Jefferson class was only 1-3 in WNBA draft and had 4 NCAA titles.

And the Bird-Williams-Jones-Cash class was pretty good two. Two national championships, two jerseys on the wall, three Olympians.

jumpstart

WBB fan in general
Reaction Score
Definitely so.. But that one though :confused:. I certainly give credit to their coach for making miss state a viable destination for young ladies.. Particularly those who live outside of Mississippi
There is nothing....I repeat, nothing.... viable in Mississippi....lol...

vi·a·ble
/ˈvīəb(ə)l/
adjective

1. capable of working successfully; feasible.
fea·si·ble
/ˈfēzəb(ə)l/
adjective

1. possible to do easily or conveniently.

Reaction Score

I've been surprised he's been able to get some of the recruits he's gotten. He doesn't have a prestigious degree or a place like Southern California to offer.

Sometimes I wonder if players care about that as much as we think they do. I think most of them are looking at playing time and connection with coaches/players. I would like to get the unfiltered version of what they think though. I

I've thought about this a lot, and I think that players prioritize playing time and connections with coaches/players. I think the location is low on the list unless you have a player that is a legacy, grew up a fan of the school, or wants to stay in state to represent their state. Otherwise, I don't think players care that much about the town the school is located in.

I've travelled to about 2/3 of the states in the US, and many of the towns look similar. The scenery changes, but the towns and people are mostly the same. It's kind of surprising. I went to Portland, Maine a few years ago, and it looked just like Jackson, MS. The people looked the exact same. It was so weird.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Evina Westbrook played AAU basketball with Oregon State's Kat Tudor on the Cal Stars Nike Elite squad (along with Oregon's Ionescu, Boise State's Mallory McGwire, Baylor's Aquira DeCosta, and Minyon Moore, formerly of USC) that captured the 2015 Nike EYBL national title.

Minyon Moore trying to do her best Chloe Jackson and snag a Natty in her grad transfer year.

So, two of the 2019 Final Four participants need a point guard. One choice involves the depending champs and playing with Lauren Cox, NaLyssa Smith, Queen Egbo. The other means re-teaming with Sabrina Ionescu and joining the Oregon "Bombs Away" (err, Ducks). If this was a two-year transfer deal, maybe one could/should also consider Mississippi State, but for one year: go with one of the teams that wears green. :D

Reaction Score
There is nothing....I repeat, nothing.... viable in Mississippi....lol...

vi·a·ble
/ˈvīəb(ə)l/
adjective

1. capable of working successfully; feasible.
fea·si·ble
/ˈfēzəb(ə)l/
adjective

1. possible to do easily or conveniently.

You're probably right. LOL. We have very little tourism in MS. There's not much reason to visit. One thing you can say about the South is that as a collective, we have some of the best literature and music.

Reaction Score
Moore has her degree from USC so she's transferring for a chance at an NCAA title and higher draft positioning. Even without a championship, the visibility should make her earning capacity overseas go up markedly. What would be interesting is if she goes to Oregon because she will have immediate eligibility as a grad transfer and it should close the door on Westbrook who likely will also want immediate eligibility.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
You're probably right. LOL. We have very little tourism in MS. There's not much reason to visit. One thing you can say about the South is that as a collective, we have some of the best literature and music.

I am a history geek who found a visit to Vicksburg quite fascinating. Some pretty country there, too.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Moore has her degree from USC so she's transferring for a chance at an NCAA title and higher draft positioning. Even without a championship, the visibility should make her earning capacity overseas go up markedly. What would be interesting is if she goes to Oregon because she will have immediate eligibility as a grad transfer and it should close the door on Westbrook who likely will also want immediate eligibility.

Would be a very good pickup for whoever lands her. Baylor looks like a perfect fit IMO but Oregon/Mississippi State are also good choices if she wants to improve draft stock and win.

Reaction Score

Minyon Moore trying to do her best Chloe Jackson and snag a Natty in her grad transfer year.

Any of those situations are much better than at USC. I think Mississippi State needs a PG more so than either Baylor or Oregon does, but all three could use one. Oregon and Baylor both have really good shots at an NC, Miss. State not so much.

Reaction Score
I am a history geek who found a visit to Vicksburg quite fascinating. Some pretty country there, too.

You might like Natchez too. The Natchez Trace is also worthwhile if you like history. The drive from Natchez to Madison has a lot of interesting stops.

Reaction Score
Any of those situations are much better than at USC. I think Mississippi State needs a PG more so than either Baylor or Oregon does, but all three could use one. Oregon and Baylor both have really good shots at an NC, Miss. State not so much.
MSST PG position is not deep as of today, I assume Myah Taylor is our probable starter. Vic requirement for PG is “Do not turn the ball over”, Myah has been with MSST two years and certainly has improved but she has not yet mastered Vic’s requirement. Apparently Vic is receptive to PG transfers so hopefully he finds a player that can fulfill his requirement or Myah continues to improve and PG can be stabilized. Given Vic solves the PG issue, I see a top 10 squad.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
I've travelled to about 2/3 of the states in the US, and many of the towns look similar. The scenery changes, but the towns and people are mostly the same. It's kind of surprising. I went to Portland, Maine a few years ago, and it looked just like Jackson, MS. The people looked the exact same. It was so weird.
I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not. Jackson, MS is 80% black while Portland, Maine is 1/3 the size and almost 90% white. I bet you'd find grits as readily in Portland as you'd find lobster rolls in Jackson. Summer daytime high in Portland is about 15 degrees cooler on average than Jackson; in the winter, it's more like 25 degrees. Portland averages 60 inches of snow per year; Jackson almost never experiences snowfall at all. If there's anything I've learned traveling both around the US and abroad, it's thst the variation within the US is almost as extreme as between the US and abroad, in terms of climate, topography, people, and urban design. Sure, some suburbs in Illinois look a lot like suburbs in California. But Stanford's campus is drastically different than Cal's, just as Notre Dame's is from Miami's.

jumpstart

WBB fan in general
Reaction Score
It was tongue in cheek. I love the south...and the north....I love the midwest.....and the west....and Hawaii...and Alaska.....I love the US and Canada...and Mexico...OK...I went over the deep end.

jumpstart

WBB fan in general
Reaction Score
I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not. Jackson, MS is 80% black while Portland, Maine is 1/3 the size and almost 90% white. I bet you'd find grits as readily in Portland as you'd find lobster rolls in Jackson. Summer daytime high in Portland is about 15 degrees cooler on average than Jackson; in the winter, it's more like 25 degrees. Portland averages 60 inches of snow per year; Jackson almost never experiences snowfall at all. If there's anything I've learned traveling both around the US and abroad, it's thst the variation within the US is almost as extreme as between the US and abroad.
Not my experience at all. The cultures are very different as is the climate and geography. That's what I love about traveling. If it was all the same...stay home...lol....

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I've been surprised he's been able to get some of the recruits he's gotten. He doesn't have a prestigious degree or a place like Southern California to offer.

Sometimes I wonder if players care about that as much as we think they do. I think most of them are looking at playing time and connection with coaches/players. I would like to get the unfiltered version of what they think though. I

I've thought about this a lot, and I think that players prioritize playing time and connections with coaches/players. I think the location is low on the list unless you have a player that is a legacy, grew up a fan of the school, or wants to stay in state to represent their state. Otherwise, I don't think players care that much about the town the school is located in.

Come to Brooklyn. We'll disabuse you of that assumption.

Reaction Score
We'd love to have her at Baylor. We really need a PG and Kim showed that she can help someone become a good one. If we can land another good option at PG it will help us immensely.

Reaction Score
Raoul reports that the ACC has added 9 transfers this season, while the other P5's have picked up 2-3 each.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
The two teams, FSU and SC, have also scrimmaged against one another several times in past seasons, so there’s a rivalry there but it’s a respectful one. And our games vs. FSU are never easy, the two programs know one another very well.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not. Jackson, MS is 80% black while Portland, Maine is 1/3 the size and almost 90% white. I bet you'd find grits as readily in Portland as you'd find lobster rolls in Jackson. Summer daytime high in Portland is about 15 degrees cooler on average than Jackson; in the winter, it's more like 25 degrees. Portland averages 60 inches of snow per year; Jackson almost never experiences snowfall at all. If there's anything I've learned traveling both around the US and abroad, it's thst the variation within the US is almost as extreme as between the US and abroad, in terms of climate, topography, people, and urban design. Sure, some suburbs in Illinois look a lot like suburbs in California. But Stanford's campus is drastically different than Cal's, just as Notre Dame's is from Miami's.

I hate going off topic with threads... but I’ll say this and stop. The first thing I noticed moving from the South to New England was how dense the population was (even in a low population state like CT). In SC where I’m from, there are clear lines between urban centers, suburban areas and so forth to rural areas. Here in CT, there are no clear lines.. towns and cities blend into one another endlessly. The entire state feels like a giant suburb to me. Being a student of urban geography, I’m fascinated by regional differences like that.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I'll take the blame for getting this thread off-track :oops:

"She will help send USF back to a deep run in the NCAA" :confused::confused::confused::confused:

nooooooooooo.gif

Ive been paying attention to WCBB since 1982 or so....... I cant recall a deep run.... unless the 2nd round is deep

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Ive been paying attention to WCBB since 1982 or so.. I cant recall a deep run.... unless the 2nd round is deep

That slipped past me when I looked at the tweet. Thanks for catching that. Yeah, definition of deep run is debatable in this context.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom