Transfers (merged threads) | Page 22 | The Boneyard

Transfers (merged threads)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Some indication that Herbert-Harrigan is returning to South Carolina now that Te'a Cooper is gone. The State evidently published it in the print edition this morning. While Herbert-Harrigan has been up and down, I think she was the only transfer that was really going to be missed. Should bump South Carolina up several spots from wherever I had them before.
Sounds like the two players had beef. Any tea you can spill, first I heard of this.

Reaction Score
Sounds like the two players had beef. Any tea you can spill, first I heard of this.

Don't know any specifics.

Started coming out last week that people should keep an eye on Herbert-Harrigan potentially returning once it was known that Cooper was transferring.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Don't know any specifics.

Started coming out last week that people should keep an eye on Herbert-Harrigan potentially returning once it was known that Cooper was transferring.
It now appears that Cooper has muddied up two programs. If I’m a college coach considering Cooper as a transfer, or a WNBA coach or GM considering drafting her a year from now, I’ve got to think long and hard whether or not I want Cooper associated with my team.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
It now appears that Cooper has muddied up two programs. If I’m a college coach considering Cooper as a transfer, or a WNBA coach or GM considering drafting her a year from now, I’ve got to think long and hard whether or not I want Cooper associated with my team.
Actually Cooper has muddied up three programs. She was originally a UNC commit for the longest time (8th grade?). She reopened her recruiting when her idol DD decided to bounce from UNC.

Reaction Score
Some indication that Herbert-Harrigan is returning to South Carolina now that Te'a Cooper is gone. The State evidently published it in the print edition this morning.

While Herbert-Harrigan has been up and down, I think she was the only transfer that was really going to be missed. Should bump South Carolina up several spots from wherever I had them before.
Great news for South Carolina if true.

Reaction Score
Or as Mark Twain said, "Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference". Much of the VolNation forum seems to be a nest of fools and onlookers. If some invisible says something online about yours which you know isn't true, why bother?
Philospher, you @JordyG!!!! And funny.

Reaction Score
Blurb in the print and digital editions of The State this morning. Hadley yet to mention this on Twitter as of my posting. Dawn Staley to hold her end of season PC at 11 AM today. Perhaps this will come up. Big news if true.
View attachment 42365
H --- A --Double R --I ---GAN spells Harrigan, a name that a shame never has been connected with---HARRIGAN_ tHAT me!!! Sing her theme song. USC....

Reaction Score
So maybe Geno can drive over to the local Home Depot and pick up a 6’2” rebounding, defending, scoring forward in Building Supplies?
GEEEZ---is that where they keep them? Home Depot, I have buy more HD stock... I think he's been going to Lowes.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Coaching change would be a possible argument for immediate eligibility.

No love for Tyasha Harris, eh?
Harris is a good composed guard, but the combination of size and ability of Beal, Zia,and Westbrook is something I would drool over. Westbrook playmaking from the wing, Beal being a scoring wing, and Zia being a scoring lead guard would be amazing to see!

Reaction Score
Well since there was a coaching change I figured she would receive immediate eligibility. if she commits to SC it won’t be at the PG position. She’ll likely be a 2 and play beside Harris, Henderson and Cooke. But I agree a guard core of Cooke, Westbrook and Beal would be very good but you can’t forget Henderson and Harris.
I see. I always felt if there's a coaching change that a player should not have to sit out a year if they choose to transfer. If she is granted immediate eligibility and is able to play with Harris, WOW! That may be arguably the best guard core of any team next season.

Reaction Score
Or Henderson?
Henderson has the talent, but I question her motor. Now Granted I only really saw her play in the NCAA tournament, how was she in conference play? I think Zia Cooke will get more playing time next season.

Reaction Score
Dawn just had a press conference and confirmed it as well. Big news!! I knew her decision wasn’t set and stone. Dawn chose not to comment on Williams, Jackson and Cooper and said that they were “someone else’s players”, so with that being said good luck to those ladies but the one we needed came back so now I’m happy.

Reaction Score
Henderson has the talent, but I question her motor. Now Granted I only really saw her play in the NCAA tournament, how was she in conference play? I think Zia Cooke will get more playing time next season.

Henderson had five games in the middle of the conference schedule (ending with Kentucky loss) where she got 20+ minutes. In those games, she averaged 15 pts, shot 60% FG and 60% 3PT while averaging 3.6 assists.

She got benched after that Kentucky loss, I guess because she had 6 turnovers against UK pressure? I didn't really understand why Coach made that decision. Maybe there was more to it than one game of turnovers, but seemed like an overreaction as Coach in general locked up after that loss and started leaning on veterans like Cliney, which made me want to bang my head against my TV.

Henderson didn't really return to that level of play after she got more minutes later in the season.

Reaction Score
I don't know if that's where she'll end up, but she was HS teammates for 2 years with Katie McWilliams, who just finished her career at OSU. I'm sure she had all the insight into the program she could've possibly wanted from someone she knows well.
Evina Westbrook played AAU basketball with Oregon State's Kat Tudor on the Cal Stars Nike Elite squad (along with Oregon's Ionescu, Boise State's Mallory McGwire, Baylor's Aquira DeCosta, and Minyon Moore, formerly of USC) that captured the 2015 Nike EYBL national title. Westbrook also played AAU basketball with Oregon State's Mikayla Pivec on ECBA Swish Black out of the Seattle area prior to her two years in the Cal Stars Nike Elite program. Both Tudor and Pivec know what Westbrook is capable of bringing to the right program with quality coaching and the right mix of teammates. I wouldn't be surprised if Westbrook reaches out to the coaching staffs of both Oregon State and Oregon to gauge their respective levels of interest.

Playing for either Oregon State or Oregon would allow the Westbrook family to drive less than a hour to see Evina play home games in either Corvallis or Eugene. I think a return to the state of Oregon to finish out the final two seasons of her collegiate career would be a good move for Evina.

Reaction Score
There seems to be a friendly rivalry between South Carolina and FSU. They have gone head to head in recent years on many recruits and now a player is transferring from one school to the other, not to mention there battles on the court, which South Carolina has dominated. Henderson had apparently been going to Semraus camp since middle school and FSU thought they would be able to land her, but Dawn came in and got her signature. However, South Caroliina is in the elite tier, and FSU has been trying to crack that ceiling for years now and I do not know if Sue ever will be able to.

Reaction Score
Staley confirmed that Herbert-Harrigan is returning in her year end presser this morning.

Want to see the video before characterizing what she said about the other three, but they evidently will not be returning.

Reaction Score

She was on the SEC All Freshman team and scored in double figures 7 times in 16 SEC contests. Like most freshman she struggled with the speed of the game but she has a huge upside and shot 38% from 3 as a freshman so big things are expected out of her these next three years.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Yea, I'm not really thinking that's gonna be a thing.

Reaction Score
There seems to be a friendly rivalry between South Carolina and FSU. They have gone head to head in recent years on many recruits and now a player is transferring from one school to the other, not to mention there battles on the court, which South Carolina has dominated. Henderson had apparently been going to Semraus camp since middle school and FSU thought they would be able to land her, but Dawn came in and got her signature. However, South Caroliina is in the elite tier, and FSU has been trying to crack that ceiling for years now and I do not know if Sue ever will be able to.
I would not say dominated. All the games have been fairly close and we have been fortunate to come out on the winning side. I guess it is magnified because we usually play each other with a lot at stake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom