Transfer thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Transfer thread

Reaction Score
CD

40D48F8B-002E-4A47-BE5B-AFD35B69F9DA.png

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
By my reckoning this leaves Carrington and Mikesell as the only two big-time (all-conference level) transfers left on the board, for now.

Reaction Score
Taylor Mikesell shoots well, has a quick release- not sure we need another guard, but her shot is golden

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Taylor Mikesell shoots well, has a quick release- not sure we need another guard, but her shot is golden
In addition, unlike Carrington, Mikesell would not be eligible to play until the 21-22 season, when UConn will presumably have Christyn, Evina?, Anna, Aubrey, Paige, Nika, Saylor, Caroline & possibly Azzi.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
In addition, unlike Carrington, Mikesell would not be eligible to play until the 21-22 season, when UConn will presumably have Christyn, Evina?, Anna, Aubrey, Paige, Nika, Saylor, Caroline & possibly Azzi.
I find it curious that Maryland still seems to be a top destination for highly rated kids while other top rated kids leave in droves (compared to other elite programs). Besides Tennessee, is there another upper tier school that has as many high profile transfers?

We've heard rumblings of things, I'm sure we can all speculate, but has there been a transfer from Maryland who's spoken on the record as to what is going on there? Or is it just all coincidence?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I find it curious that Maryland still seems to be a top destination for highly rated kids while other top rated kids leave in droves (compared to other elite programs). Besides Tennessee, is there another upper tier school that has as many high profile transfers?

We've heard rumblings of things, I'm sure we can all speculate, but has there been a transfer from Maryland who's spoken on the record as to what is going on there? Or is it just all coincidence?
Transfers seldom, if ever, trash the school they transfer from. With that said, all of MD’s transfers are certainly not a coincidence.

Reaction Score
Transfers seldom, if ever, trash the school they transfer from. With that said, all of MD’s transfers are certainly not a coincidence.

At least in public. Privately there are a lot of reasons starting with a disingenuous coach.

Reaction Score
Oldude....your quote "
With that said, all of MD’s transfers are certainly not a coincidence. " regarding MD's transfers....WTF is your basis for that comment???? Austin left because of her ego & Owens left because of playing time (like most before her). Mikesell is the only one that doesn't add up.....Sometimes I wonder about you, maybe it's all the bamboo your eating;)

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Oldude....your quote "
With that said, all of MD’s transfers are certainly not a coincidence. " regarding MD's transfers.... is your basis for that comment???? Austin left because of her ego & Owens left because of playing time (like most before her). Mikesell is the only one that doesn't add up.....Sometimes I wonder about you, maybe it's all the bamboo your eating;)
Umm, I think it is the preponderance of evidence over the years of ALL the top players who have left-Gillespie, Brown, Staiti, Slocum to name a few off the top of my head. Most of us can't understand why starters/stars would leave a top program who stay stars at other programs with such regularity. There has to be more than meets the eye is what Oldude and I am saying.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
Oldude....your quote "
With that said, all of MD’s transfers are certainly not a coincidence. " regarding MD's transfers.... is your basis for that comment???? Austin left because of her ego & Owens left because of playing time (like most before her). Mikesell is the only one that doesn't add up.....Sometimes I wonder about you, maybe it's all the bamboo your eating;)
I agree with @DefenseBB and @olddude

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Oldude....your quote "
DefenseBB pretty much summed up my argument. Players like Owens leave programs all the time for PT. That includes UConn. What stands out specifically for me and others, is the substantial number of MD starters, like Austin, who left the program through the years to transfer to other programs. That doesn’t add up.

As for Mikesell, her transfer actually makes sense to me. With the emergence of outstanding MD freshman Owusu, Mikesell saw her PT & starting role diminishing over the course of this past season. The writing was clearly on the wall.

Reaction Score
per ESPN...."DiJonai Carrington will transfer to Baylor for her final season of eligibility."

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I wonder, now that Carrington has decided, if there are any top level transfers left, or anyone that might be interesting.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I wonder, now that Carrington has decided, if there are any top level transfers left, or anyone that might be interesting.
Probably the only ones that could be considered "name" players are Alexis Morris (Rutgers), Dara Mabrey (Virginia Tech) and maybe Janai Crooms (Ohio State).

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
In fairness, there's a banner on the wall at Gampel with the initials "CD."

Jonathan, that's true. But what does that have to do with a new first time visitor (that's never been inside Gampel) to the BY reading a comment that features initials ? Those initials on the wall in Gampel won't be of any use to them in that instance. All of the regulars in the yard know who CD is. Hey, it was just a suggestion. Do as you wish.

Reaction Score
Probably the only ones that could be considered "name" players are Alexis Morris (Rutgers), Dara Mabrey (Virginia Tech) and maybe Janai Crooms (Ohio State).
What about Olivia Owens? Wasn’t she ranked fairly high coming out of high school? Also, will A Morris have to sit out the entire coming season? She can’t have a lot of eligibility left.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom