Transfer thread | The Boneyard

Transfer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Anyone have the complete list of transfers so far who have entered the portal? I know there was a thread on the general board regarding coaches on the hot seat - if any, or several, of them get the axe, i bet we'd see more transfers from those schools as well.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Anyone have the complete list of transfers so far who have entered the portal? I know there was a thread on the general board regarding coaches on the hot seat - if any, or several, of them get the axe, i bet we'd see more transfers from those schools as well.
Not a complete list, only those I'm deeming significant more or less:

Raoul keeps an exhaustive list on his blog: WBB Blog | women's basketball recruiting, transfers, . . .

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Call me skeptical but I have not seen the name of a transfer that is capable of making an impact at UCONN so far. Last year when it was all said and done there were very few players that could have helped UCONN IMO-maybe (Cooks, Prince, Collins, Patterson, Balogun, Westbrook). It is very early & hopefully UCONN will keep looking.

Centerstream

I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but
Reaction Score
Call me skeptical but I have not seen the name of a transfer that is capable of making an impact at UCONN so far. Last year when it was all said and done there were very few players that could have helped UCONN IMO-maybe (Cooks, Prince, Collins, Patterson, Balogun, Westbrook). It is very early & hopefully UCONN will keep looking.
However, some BYers seem to have knowledge, albeit double secret knowledge, of an upcoming transfer that Geno is going to be very high on. I don't think that she is on the portal list yet and I am still waiting with baited breath.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
However, some BYers seem to have knowledge, albeit double secret knowledge, of an upcoming transfer that Geno is going to be very high on. I don't think that she is on the portal list yet and I am still waiting with baited breath.
I'm not falling for it again!
1584483726671.png

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Brenda Frese now following both Dijonai Carrington and Petra Holesinska (Illinois) on twitter. Both are now following her

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
Brenda Frese now following both Dijonai Carrington and Petra Holesinska (Illinois) on twitter. Both are now following her
I really like Dijonai's style of play, but I would prefer someone in the front court.

Reaction Score
I would think the big dogs are waiting for the final word on no wait transfers..........if I remember correctly if approved they could start as early as this summer.........

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Davenport from Rutgers is an interesting case - she is the USA Basketball U18 gold medalist who was mistaken sent a stipend check from USA basketball and declared ineligible for her HS senior year by the Alabama HS folks because of the error. Didn't do a lot as a freshman, but was ranked #15 and the #2 post player by ESPN in 2019.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I would think the big dogs are waiting for the final word on no wait transfers..........if I remember correctly if approved they could start as early as this summer.........
That is precisely the case.

Reaction Score
Davenport from Rutgers is an interesting case - she is the USA Basketball U18 gold medalist who was mistaken sent a stipend check from USA basketball and declared ineligible for her HS senior year by the Alabama HS folks because of the error. Didn't do a lot as a freshman, but was ranked #15 and the #2 post player by ESPN in 2019.

HMMM...it has to be hard for a kid from Alabama to come up here and live in the NE. It's like two completely different worlds. Do we have any Rutgers fans on here that can offer any inisight?

Reaction Score
HMMM...it has to be hard for a kid from Alabama to come up here and live in the NE. It's like two completely different worlds. Do we have any Rutgers fans on here that can offer any inisight?
Rutgers actually added a total of three recruits from Alabama in the classes 2018 and 2019 (Zippy Broughton, Joiya Maddox, and Maori Davenport). Broughton was also highly ranked, a top-25 kid.

@Coler, one of our Rutgers fans, mentioned on Plebe’s thread that Davenport was extremely raw, which resulted in scarce minutes and low PPG and RPG averages for a top-15 recruit on a team where many thought she would likely contend for a starting position.

Davenport was very impressive in the U18 tournament, and is a very athletic, explosive post player with a soft touch. She has a really high ceiling.

I’d be relatively surprised if Geno reached out, but who knows.

Reaction Score
Rutgers actually added a total of three recruits from Alabama in the classes 2018 and 2019 (Zippy Broughton, Joiya Maddox, and Maori Davenport). Broughton was also highly ranked, a top-25 kid.

@Coler, one of our Rutgers fans, mentioned on Plebe’s thread that Davenport was extremely raw, which resulted in scarce minutes and low PPG and RPG averages for a top-15 recruit on a team where many thought she would likely contend for a starting position.

Davenport was very impressive in the U18 tournament, and is a very athletic, explosive post player with a soft touch. She has a really high ceiling.

I remember watching video of Davenport at the international level and she looked relatively skilled and athletic.............it seems strange that she wouldn't be at least a sold post player at the college level.......

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I remember watching video of Davenport at the international level and she looked relatively skilled and athletic.............it seems strange that she wouldn't be at least a sold post player at the college level.......
Davenport looked her best at USA basketball when Jeff was coaching, expect Louisville to have some interest and perhaps her next destination. Also keep in mind that she lost her senior year of HS because USA basketball gave her too much money and the good folks in the Alabama HS athletic association saw fit to punish her. @UcMiami said the same above.

Reaction Score

I was a little surprised by her struggles the first season. However sometimes it takes a couple of seasons to adjust to college game.

Reaction Score
Davenport looked her best at USA basketball when Jeff was coaching, expect Louisville to have some interest and perhaps her next destination. Also keep in mind that she lost her senior year of HS because USA basketball gave her too much money and the good folks in the Alabama HS athletic association saw fit to punish her.
I think she filed some type of suit in the chancery court and played her senior year during the course of the suit. When they got put out of the state tournament everyone dropped the suits and counter suit by the school district.
Edited to add the article. I had forgotten her family did this until this morning.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I think she filed some type of suit in the chancery court and played her senior year during the course of the suit. When they got put out of the state tournament everyone dropped the suits and counter suit by the school district.
Edited to add the article. I had forgotten her family did this until this morning.
From an article in mid January 2019.
"I never imagined I would be training a whole season without playing a game, but that seems like what's happening," she told ESPNW. "

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Davenport highlights from USA basketball. She played well. That USA basketball version of her could definitely make a contribution at UCONN. BTW both Christyn Williams and ONO were on this USA basketball squad yet it was Davenport who made the All-star 5 for the tournament as seen at the very end of the video.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger