Transfer Portal | Page 30 | The Boneyard

Transfer Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Don't put words in my mouth. I said I'm confident we'll land 1
ok then you misunderstood what i was saying. i know we need two starting quality Gs that 100% need to be better than gaff. but i'm talking about also landing a third G that is a better backup CG than gaff would be...also take the aggression down a notch please.

Reaction Score
ok then you misunderstood what i was saying. i know we need two starting quality Gs that 100% need to be better than gaff. but i'm talking about also landing a third G that is a better backup CG than gaff would be...
Yeah I just don't agree with the whole premise. Gaffney wasn't sticking around to be a 5th guard coming off the bench. If we add 2 starting guards that still leaves Hawkins and Floyd getting minutes at the 2 ahead of him

Reaction Score
Yeah I just don't agree with the whole premise. Gaffney wasn't sticking around to be a 5th guard coming off the bench. If we add 2 starting guards that still leaves Hawkins and Floyd getting minutes at the 2 ahead of him
fine. assuming we land two starting Gs, what kind of players are you expecting will fill the 3rd and 4th schollys with so little PT available?

i dont think we're landing two Gs that will average 30 mpg like cole and martin did, so there's still minutes up for grabs.

Reaction Score
fine. assuming we land two starting Gs, what kind of players are you expecting will fill the 3rd and 4th schollys with so little PT available?
Ones who don't expect to play very much. Probably a wing who can shoot a bit and then a developmental guy like Floyd was this year

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Time for a full-court Boneyard press on Twitter. Follow him immediately.

On an unrelated note, Eric Gaines hit the portal. Three years of eligibility remaining.

6'2 155 (makes me feel yoked) LSU point guard is arguably one of the best defensive point guards in the nation (2.1 steals/game). Solid 46 2p%, but 25% from deep (2.4 attempts/game).

If we nab a scoring point guard, would Eric Gaines be an interesting defensive hound to pair with?
I’d love Gaines as a perfect compliment to Pack. But I don’t think we have any prior connection to him.

Reaction Score
all 50 are starting quality? we need two starting quality Gs that 100% need to be better than gaff. but i'm talking about also landing a third G that is a better backup CG than gaff would be. if so, i'm glad you're so confident we are landing 3 of the top 50 available Gs! let's see what happens.
Do you really believe Gaffney would have transferred if Hurley was promising him a starting spot? This staff’s strength has been recruiting. Have faith they have a plan and aren’t doing this blind.

Reaction Score
For all we know, this could be the source:

Borges normally isn’t full of it, though. Let’s hope there’s something there.
The source could be Hurley and that doesn’t mean this kid reciprocates that interest.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Allowing players to transfer every season certainly isn't the answer. You have to realize that. My point is that college basketball as a whole would benefit from a little more stability.
We're only making plans for Nijel
If he’s all big 12 why is he leaving

Reaction Score
Do you really believe Gaffney would have transferred if Hurley was promising him a starting spot? This staff’s strength has been recruiting. Have faith they have a plan and aren’t doing this blind.
woahhhh i never said anything about him being our starter where did you get that? i have no idea what hurley said to him, besides stating publicly that he wanted him back. which, if you believe, means he did promise him a role. idk how big of a role gaff is looking for or would have accepted. i'm just saying i don't foresee us landing a 3rd transfer G, in addition to the two starting Gs we need, that is better than him. so i would have preferred he stayed.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
the wire love this scene so much GIF
This should be the official meme of the portal

All in the game

Reaction Score
You judge Akinjo?
it's such a tired narrative. dislike a kid if he actually does objectively bad things, fine. dislike a kid because he did what was best for him, and only got himself into better and better situations, and it just comes off so poorly

Reaction Score
woahhhh i never said anything about him being our starter where did you get that? i have no idea what hurley said to him, besides stating publicly that he wanted him back. which, if you believe, means he did promise him a role. idk how big of a role gaff is looking for or would have accepted. i'm just saying i don't foresee us landing a 3rd transfer G, in addition to the two starting Gs we need, that is better than him. so i would have preferred he stayed.
And I am assuming the staff has a plan in place for next season and Gaffney wasn’t a part of it. He regressed so much this season that by the end he was unplayable. It’s surprising to me that you are not confident this staff can’t recruit someone better. I highly doubt that Hurley was blind sided by either decision this week. My guess is it was discussed that a transfer would be mutually beneficial.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Exactly. You would've preferred he stayed for what could potentially be no more than 10 mins off the bench. Gaffney choose to leave to seek better opportunity. Hurley can want him to stay with a specific role in my while simultaneously knowing that he can't control it Gaffney wants to leave.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
This open transfer rule is garbage. It’s crazier than free agency. You can’t recruit to develop any more because the kid will get frustrated by lack of PT and transfer somewhere that promises him PT and your developmental work was a waste. 1000+ kids in the portal with 1000 more likely to hit the portal. Insanity.
If the cry babies at the next level getting paid tens of millions to play a game can demand trades on a whim, I don’t see why it’s a problem an 18 year old unpaid college student shouldn’t have the right to find a better situation for themselves without a penalty.

If I was I coach, I wouldn’t think the mentorship, personal and basketball coaching I spent on any former players who have entered the portal as a waste. I’d just hope I helped them advance their life.

I bet our coach, and most others feel that way too.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Because if you don't modify the transfer rules you're going to have guys leaving programs constantly if they're not happy with playing time. Having to sit out a year at least made them pause before making that decision.
Forcing guys to stay because they are unhappy with their playing time is not great for team culture…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom