Transfer Portal | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Transfer Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The facts: Stevenson is a career 30.5 3p%.

Also, the way he taunted the crowd after Wichita State's OT win in Hartford, I highly doubt UConn will have interest in him.
Shot 39% from January 1st on, and he's also a pretty damn good passer. Also led the country in FT%, at a ridiculous 98%, which shows there is definitely even more room for improvement on his jumpshot.

Reaction Score
Floyd is much more a 3 than he is a 1 though, right? I don’t think he would’ve helped the backup PG issue - not his fault, but that’s just not his game. I see him next year in Hawk’s role this year - although his game seems closer to Martin’s than Hawkins. I see that as a good thing in terms of balancing out the starting lineup a bit.

I think he'll play some 3 for us, but he's more of a 2 than a 3. Not a lot, but he and Hawkins are both going to command a bunch of minutes IMO.

I really like the idea of a lineup of

Transfer PG/Cole
Hawkins
CFJ
Jackson
Sanogo

Swap in Karaban for either of the 2 guards when we want to go bigger.

Scorers at 4 positons, defense at 4 positions. 3 shooters on the floor at any given time.

If Johnson is good enough for big minutes, it changes our whole dynamic though.

Reaction Score
I think he'll play some 3 for us, but he's more of a 2 than a 3. Not a lot, but he and Hawkins are both going to command a bunch of minutes IMO.

Transfer PG/Cole
Hawkins
CFJ
Jackson
Sanogo

Scorers at 4 positons, defense at 4 positions. 3 shooters on the floor at any given time.

Hawkins learning how to dribble and Jackson learning how to create offense for himself are the 2 biggest keys for this team next year (aside from whatever we do in the portal with getting another guard). You could run a lineup of Jackson/Floyd/Hawk/Karaban/Sanogo which would let Sanogo dominate inside because any double team would result in an immediate kickout three.

Reaction Score

Transfer PG/Cole
Hawkins
CFJ
Jackson
Sanogo

I agree with you general direction, but I think it's a stretch to say defense at 4 positions. I think the offense will have better flow and weaponry, but defense is going to step down a bit versus this past season.

Reaction Score
Hawkins learning how to dribble and Jackson learning how to create offense for himself are the 2 biggest keys for this team next year (aside from whatever we do in the portal with getting another guard). You could run a lineup of Jackson/Floyd/Hawk/Karaban/Sanogo which would let Sanogo dominate inside because any double team would result in an immediate kickout three.

I'm not going to bank on that kind of development from them in one summer... maybe in 2023. But if we CAN run out a lineup with that kind of size/athleticism/skill mix and are able to run an offense and break presses, this team could be better than many of us are anticipating.

Reaction Score
I agree with you general direction, but I think it's a stretch to say defense at 4 positions. I think the offense will have better flow and weaponry, but defense is going to step down a bit versus this past season.

Jackson is an elite defender. DPOY candidate next year.
Hawkins is very good. Will be even better next year. Looked exceptional the 5 games before he went down.
I would bet my bottom dollar that CFJ ends up a phenomenal defender.
Sanogo is also a very good post defender.

Reaction Score
Provided Sanogo develops the ability to pass the ball. Passes to the post, for the most part, have been a one way trip.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I'm not going to bank on that kind of development from them in one summer... maybe in 2023. But if we CAN run out a lineup with that kind of size/athleticism/skill mix and are able to run an offense and break presses, this team could be better than many of us are anticipating.
Hawkins will fix his handle. I think some of it is just upper body strength. Martin vastly upgraded his ball handling last offseason. It won't take him two years. Hawkins got better as the season progressed.

I think Andre's issues are mental around the basket, and deeper than that with his outside shooting form. I expect he can solve his around the basket offense (he started to late in the season as @superjohn noted). I don't expect that jump shot to be fixed by next fall.

Reaction Score
It's not out of the question that they can do it though. Sanogo took a massive step forward over the offseason last year. Hawkins learning how to dribble shouldn't be too hard. That's probably the easiest thing for a good coaching staff to help fix. Jackson is another story, but I think he can figure it out

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
So are we even looking at any decommits or are we 100% portaling?

Reaction Score
Hawkins will fix his handle. I think some of it is just upper body strength. Martin vastly upgraded his ball handling last offseason. It won't take him two years. Hawkins got better as the season progressed.

I think Andre's issues are mental around the basket, and deeper than that with his outside shooting form. I expect he can solve his around the basket offense (he started to late in the season as @superjohn noted). I don't expect that jump shot to be fixed by next fall.

He's going to need an NBA off-season and a dedicated shooting coach to really work his shooting form the way he needs to. Finishing at the rim is doable for him... To me it just looks like he doesn't have confidence dribbling with someone on his hip. He's great in the open court, but doesn't know how to lower his shoulder, hold his ground moving towards the hoop, and get the shot up.

Getting a manager with a blocking pad and pool noodle to work with him for an hour a day could do wonders.

Reaction Score
You don't even need to be an alumnus to be classified as a booster. It's based on exceeding a level of contributions to the athletic department (not sure if where the exact number sits but its surprisingly small and can include non-monetary contributions) where the NCAA draws a line.

I imagine he exceeded it by a massive amount every year for a number of years now.
According to the NCAA website, most of us are boosters. All season ticket holders are boosters by definition. The last bullet point, "...involved otherwise in promoting university athletics," depending on interpretation, can classify every single fan as a booster.

Reaction Score

Transfer PG/Cole
Hawkins
CFJ
Jackson
Sanogo

Your proposed lineup could certainly get up and down the floor with speed/athleticism. Hawk was really starting to evolve into a solid defender pre-injury . What can CFJ give us on the boards? Who runs the show at PG? Karaban would appear to give us some versatility at the 3/4..
Next 30-45 days should crystallize our options.

Reaction Score

Based on some of the comments on, it seems like he was a St. john’s recruit at one point. Would be a good fit for a team that needs a distributor. Based on stat line seems like the 3pt shooting is just not there at all. 18% on 48 attempts.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score

Based on some of the comments on, it seems like he was a St. john’s recruit at one point. Would be a good fit for a team that needs a distributor. Based on stat line seems like the 3pt shooting is just not there at all. 18% on 48 attempts.

He’s friends with Posh. They played on the lighting together and were a DYNAMIC backcourt together. Will be interesting. Lots of turnover in conference should see a bunch of transfers in.

Reaction Score

He's my number 1 guy in the portal that I want. The stats might not wow you but he had some performances where he looked like one of the best players in the country. His game vs USC is the best performance I've seen by any player this year. In the second half he was legitimately unstoppable.

watch from like 6:30min of gametime left in the second half onwards for takeover mode.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
He's my number 1 guy in the portal that I want. The stats might not wow you but he had some performances where he looked like one of the best players in the country. His game vs USC is the best performance I've seen by any player this year. In the second half he was legitimately unstoppable.

He can't shoot at all though. 19% from 3. 66% from FT. Would be very tough to put him in a lineup with Jackson and Sanogo.

Reaction Score
He can't shoot at all though. 19% from 3. 66% from FT. Would be very tough to put him in a lineup with Jackson and Sanogo.
Yea definitely a concern but in JUCO he shot 36% from three and 73% from FT. Obviously recognizing JUCO Is easier but might show that there's some shooting potential there. He also has a decent looking shot/mid range

Reaction Score
I hear you but can he get into the lane and score? I feel like that's been a bigger problem for us than outside shooting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom