Transfer Portal Window 2023 | Page 12 | The Boneyard

Transfer Portal Window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
el.png

Not sure if this is a potential for Georgetown or Providence but Lampkin does seem like the Cooley prototype player. A BRUISER who thrives on HARD WORK and BELIEVING IN HIMSELF.

Reaction Score

Impressive numbers in a better than expected WAC, which ranked as the 11th best conference (one spot below the C-USA and one spot above the A-10).

114th in the nation with 5.4 fouls drawn/40 and 102nd in the nation in FT rate = a guy who can create his own bucket.

6'5 202 incoming senior.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Have you watched Singare play at all? I haven't been able to see him play, so I have no idea how polished he might be... just guessing by rankings.

I watched a bunch of Brewster film, and Ball struck me as a sixth-man kind of player who can back up at the SG/SF spot as needed. Does that sound about right to you? I'm not sure he has the talent to start yet, but I think his defense will earn him important minutes.
I've watched Singare 5-6x streaming, but never in person. At clutch time in games he really bore down exerting a will to win. He protected the rim and made important plays rebounding. Whether he would rotate correctly in a team defensive scheme, or get called for moving screens etc, I don't know. He did take some plays off, but I thought there was a lot to work with. I think he is ready to help as soon as he learns the 'system' enough to react without thinking.

Ball I have seen in person a handful of times. People may recall that last summer he never had a good game when I watched and I was less enthusiastic than other posters. At Brewster he sold me. Blazing speed and soaring hops. Attacks the basket like we all think Jackson should. In many ways he is a 6'2/6'3 Jackson. He is a scorer that can make shots with Alleyne type shooting rather than a Joey/Alex/Hawk knock down spot up shooter. I think he'll contribute right away subject to learning defensive schemes etc.

Ross I have seen in person and he is growing on me. He is bigger than I thought and may have the athleticism and size to handle the types of 6'6 to 6'8 wing players that only Jackson matches up with this year. He seems to make corner 3's regularly. He seems to understand the game and may adapt faster than the guys who have relied on their physical skills outmatching other players over the years. I can see him as another 'glue' player that can just figure out what the team needs from him in a game. A defensive matchup, 2-3 spot up shots on kick outs, a couple tip in's.

Castle I have no doubts. He will break down the other team's defense getting to the rim and feed shooters or the post.

Stewart has skills but I haven't figured him out yet. He strikes me like a Nova player that just plays at his pace.

Reaction Score
I've watched Singare 5-6x streaming, but never in person. At clutch time in games he really bore down exerting a will to win. He protected the rim and made important plays rebounding. Whether he would rotate correctly in a team defensive scheme, or get called for moving screens etc, I don't know. He did take some plays off, but I thought there was a lot to work with. I think he is ready to help as soon as he learns the 'system' enough to react without thinking.

Ball I have seen in person a handful of times. People may recall that last summer he never had a good game when I watched and I was less enthusiastic than other posters. At Brewster he sold me. Blazing speed and soaring hops. Attacks the basket like we all think Jackson should. In many ways he is a 6'2/6'3 Jackson. He is a scorer that can make shots with Alleyne type shooting rather than a Joey/Alex/Hawk knock down spot up shooter. I think he'll contribute right away subject to learning defensive schemes etc.

Ross I have seen in person and he is growing on me. He is bigger than I thought and may have the athleticism and size to handle the types of 6'6 to 6'8 wing players that only Jackson matches up with this year. He seems to make corner 3's regularly. He seems to understand the game and may adapt faster than the guys who have relied on their physical skills outmatching other players over the years. I can see him as another 'glue' player that can just figure out what the team needs from him in a game. A defensive matchup, 2-3 spot up shots on kick outs, a couple tip in's.

Castle I have no doubts. He will break down the other team's defense getting to the rim and feed shooters or the post.

Stewart has skills but I haven't figured him out yet. He strikes me like a Nova player that just plays at his pace.

Ball: He doesn't have Jackson's passing ability (and is a better shooter) but the athleticism and defense I agree. Kid is a bulldog on defense.

Ross: Good to hear. I've only seen him a couple times. I know he can shoot. I think if he defends at a high enough level, that will be his ticket to playing time.

Stewart does strike me as a Nova player. He's going to play much more like he did in AAU for us, but play more efficiently. With Karaban and Jackson ahead of him, he should be have a bit of a handicap to help him adjust.

Really excited about this class. A lot of question marks like with all freshman, but there's some talent here.

Reaction Score
Ball: He doesn't have Jackson's passing ability (and is a better shooter) but the athleticism and defense I agree. Kid is a bulldog on defense.

Ross: Good to hear. I've only seen him a couple times. I know he can shoot. I think if he defends at a high enough level, that will be his ticket to playing time.

Stewart does strike me as a Nova player. He's going to play much more like he did in AAU for us, but play more efficiently. With Karaban and Jackson ahead of him, he should be have a bit of a handicap to help him adjust.

Really excited about this class. A lot of question marks like with all freshman, but there's some talent here.
Is Devin Carter a good comp for Ball? They sound similar, although hopefully Ball is a better shooter

Reaction Score
Gotta think Syracuse will go hard after Khalif Battle? His brother Tyus was a big time player for them

Reaction Score

Impressive numbers in a better than expected WAC, which ranked as the 11th best conference (one spot below the C-USA and one spot above the A-10).

114th in the nation with 5.4 fouls drawn/40 and 102nd in the nation in FT rate = a guy who can create his own bucket.

6'5 202 incoming senior.

Utah Tech?? How have I never heard of that school?
Utah? Yes.
Utah State? Yes
Utah Tech? Aww, hell no.

Reaction Score
No matter how many times I hear it, it is in fact a surprise that somebody with choices would CHOOSE to go to Cuse
Marquette has everyone back. Not sure about Creighton’s current SR transfer shooting SF from South Dakota? Marquette will be good but we know how that goes-maybe more difficult next year.

Good but we might have to have to find a higher major transfer.
Yes, like Carter @ PC.

Reaction Score
Is Devin Carter a good comp for Ball? They sound similar, although hopefully Ball is a better shooter

I'm not sure I would expect more than 32% from ball as a freshman. He's bigger already, but definitely has that intense defensive mentality in common.

Reactions: caw
Reaction Score
Hometown of Syracuse, NY so not sure if destination is already decided, but checks a lot of my boxes.

Reaction Score
Hometown of Syracuse, NY so not sure if destination is already decided, but checks a lot of my boxes.

I've watched Pride live twice and on TV a few times.

The PSA grad played mostly the 3 at Bryant. Naturally, his numbers dipped a bit after Bryant's move from the NEC to the America East, but he's still an efficient scorer, good rebounder and facilitator. Athleticism didn't stand out to me, however.

Diverse offensive profile. His offensive rating of 118.0 rated 196th best in the nation and I'm impressed with his 12.4 TO rate (287th lowest in the nation) despite being such a high possession guy on team with such high tempo (39th fastest offensive tempo) and is prone to TOs (18.7 TO rate, 229th lowest in the nation).

Last year's stats. 14.6p, 6.1r, 2.4a, 1.4 TO, 52.4 2p%, 1.9 3PM, 37.0 3p%, 84.8 ft%.

After this year's debacle at Syracuse, I wonder if Grasso would be stoked for one of his kids transferring to Cuse. IIRC, the Grasso and Hurley family know other other pretty well.

Not high on my list, but an interesting prospect nonetheless who will get high-major looks.

Reaction Score
continue the ECU connection?

Stats pretty similar to Tristen at ECU. Same 3pt%, a bit lower % from 2. High TOs.

I don't know enough about him to really make a judgment, but if we think the kid can shoot it well enough here, I'd be fine recruiting him.

Reaction Score
Is this guy a "real point guard"? Don't recall ever seeing him play.

Minnesota point guard Ta'lon Cooper, who ranked No. 7 in the country in assists per game, intends to enter his name into the 2023 NBA Draft and will also enter his name into the transfer portal, a source told 247Sports.

Cooper will maintain his college eligibility as he gathers feedback from undergoing the NBA Draft Process.

Reaction Score

Xander Rice, the Patrick School grad and former teammate of Sanogo, averaged 14.1p, 3.8a, 2.2 3PM at 36.5 3p%.

Heck of a pickup for Monmouth, a team that really struggled in their first year in the CAA (albeit with just 18.0% minutes continuity and the 8th lowest D1 experience).

Reaction Score
SCORING GUARD ALERT:

Temple's Damian Dunn just hit the portal:

The 6'5 200 incoming senior played most of his minutes at the 2, but also played PG when Hysier Miller was on the bench.

Stats: 15.3p, 3.7r, 3.0a, 2.8 TO, 45.5 2p%, 1.5 3PM, 34.9 3p%, 5.9 FTA, 81.4 ft%

Dunn, with Khalif Battle, was a ball-dominant offensive player (258th in % possession rate) who was elite at drawing fouls (5.6 fouls drawn/40 is 86th in the nation), getting to the line (73rd in FT rate) and hitting foul shots (81.4 FT% was 273rd in the nation).

He was also a ready distributor, whose 20.8 assist rate was 368th in the nation.

Dunn's size, ability to get to the line and distributing makes him an intriguing 1- or 2- year option, who, alongside Castle and Jackson, would make for an intruiging trio of 6'5-6'6 options who are excellent passers.

After watching this highlight real, he seems to have similar athleticism to Newton and looks a bit stronger.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
I'd love UConn to at least kick the tires on Oscar Tshiebwe from Kentucky to see if he wants a grad year and a real chance at a national championship next year. Maybe he wants to go pro, but no harm in asking him just in case. He's an amazing player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom