Transfer portal, Spring 2022 (merged thread) | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Transfer portal, Spring 2022 (merged thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Senechal can really shoot the three but did it against lesser opponents........that's all I know about her........is she willing to come in as instant offense off the bench? Fields is a volume shooter who played a heck of a lot of minutes............not sure why she'd be interested in a bench role at UConn unless she wants to feel what it's like to win a whole lot of basketball games that is.........
Senechal scored 17 points against Texas in the tournament, 2-2 from the three, 50% field goal percentage, no assists, in 30 minutes of play.

Reaction Score
Senechal scored 17 points against Texas in the tournament, 2-2 from the three, 50% field goal percentage, no assists, in 30 minutes of play.
that's impressive against a very good defensive team.............my question remains............would she be willing to play a very part time role for UConn when she can be a starter at any number of other schools? I mean it's not like she from Connecticut and wants to stay in state.........

Reaction Score
  • Owusu follows Megan Rapinoe on social media:D:D
  • Rapinoe played with Julie Ertz on USWNT
  • Julie Ertz is married to Zach Ertz
  • Zach Ertz won a Super Bowl with Phildelphia Eagles
  • "Invincable" about Eagles player Vince Papale starred Mark Wahlberg
  • Mark Wahlberg and Kevin Bacon were in "Patriot's Day"
Yea, that's the way I would have gone. :cool:
Now I want a BLT. Darn you Meyers7 and Oldude.

Reaction Score
  • Owusu follows Megan Rapinoe on social media
Yea, that's the way I would have gone. :cool:

• "Patriot's Day" was about a terrorist attack in Boston, Massachusetts
  • Caroline Duscharme is from Milton, Massachusetts
  • Ducharme plays for Connecticut

It's a lock - Owusu is coming to play at Connecticut......

Reaction Score
that's impressive against a very good defensive team.............my question remains............would she be willing to play a very part time role for UConn when she can be a starter at any number of other schools? I mean it's not like she from Connecticut and wants to stay in state.........
Not sure as she played 30 minutes so thinking unlikely. She is being followed by a whole lot of assistant coaches throughout the country as well as Brenda Frese who seems to have her whole arm stuck in the portal cookie jar!

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
@NY Fan , you should be flogged for putting "Transfer Portal" and "Aliyah Boston" in the same title.

finger-wag-no-no-no.gif

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
  • "Patriot's Day" was about a terrorist attack in Boston, Massachusetts
  • Caroline Duscharme is from Milton, Massachusetts
  • Ducharme plays for Connecticut

It's a lock - Owusu is coming to play at Connecticut......
Sooo 9 degrees of UCONN?

Reaction Score
@NY Fan , you should be flogged for putting "Transfer Portal" and "Aliyah Boston" in the same title.

I'll accept your flogging if you will address the idea and context in which I presented it. Consider that surely Boston will be the #1 pick in WNBA draft. Wherever she lands she is unlikely to receive a salary comparable to her true worth, closer to NBA #s. She will still receive her share of NIL deals. But her value would be immeasurably enhanced if she were the 1st player to be NC at 2 schools. And yes, I believe all players are interested in and entitled to maximizing their economic potential.

Given the direction of all college sports professionalization, aggressive and unscrupulous recruiting practices are inevitable. Incentivizing Boston to utilize her extra year's eligibility to optimize her economic value makes sense to me. You may think differently, and she might not be interested in doing so; which would make her a rare individual indeed. Moreover the idea I suggested is neither illegal nor entirely fanciful. Nor can I think of a better example to illustrate the point of a player in the near term who can transform a title contender into an NC certainty. If - and I emphasize if - it were to happen and be the direction of recruiting a la Texas A&M and Tennessee as described above, would it impact the passion you have for WCBB and the team you root for? It would me.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I'll accept your flogging if you will address the idea and context in which I presented it.
Nah, no flogging, just be careful with those thread titles.

I can't address any of that, I only read the title. Not interested.

Reaction Score
"Within the state of South Carolina" does not apply to a message board focused on a team in Connecticut.
It certainly does. If a guy named Thomas says he goes by Tom, you call him Tom. If people who attend South Carolina say they are referred to as USC, you call them USC. It's pretty simple, and to think people don't have the right to determine how they are referred to and others have the right to determine it is silly (the most polite word I could think of for this situation.)

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
No. It's USC.

How to avoid pissing off South Carolina fans

You can read about it there from an actual South Carolina site that explains the whole history of what they are called for abbreviation.

View attachment 75590

"Within the state of South Carolina" does not apply to a message board focused on a team in Connecticut.
Or the rest of the sports world.

Everybody who's anybody knows USC is the Trojans.

South Carolina is S. Carolina or Lower Carolina, or Carolina Jr. or Gamecocks or just Cocks.

Reaction Score
It certainly does. If a guy named Thomas says he goes by Tom, you call him Tom. If people who attend South Carolina say they are referred to as USC, you call them USC. It's pretty simple, and to think people don't have the right to determine how they are referred to and others have the right to determine it is silly (the most polite word I could think of for this situation.)
Well, that analogy would make sense if it were a conversation with only Tom, but it's not. Sometimes

Do we refer to countries by their native-language pronunciation? No, because calling Spain "España" in Connecticut or South Carolina would cause more confusion than it'd be worth.

Reaction Score
If you type USC in Chrome or MS Edge this is what it will show. If you think inside the state of South Carolina people think USC is University of South Carolina it is also fine but not people outside the state.
Screenshot (15).png

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I saw this in September 2021 and about had a coronary, but it did get a yawn here.

They were not alone of course. Echoing sentiments expressed above: WE"RE DOOMED.

Reaction Score
I saw this in September 2021 and about had a coronary, but it did get a yawn here.

They were not alone of course. Echoing sentiments expressed above: WE"RE DOOMED.
Thanks for sharing that link, which is a portent of WCBB recruiting. Any team with Paige, Azzi, CD et al + the incoming recruits will be in the NC hunt in the near term. But as recruiting inevitably evolves even more in this direction, UConn and Notre Dame will either meet the competition, or not. The culture - both players and WCBB programs - have changed, and the lowest common denominator will win out. At that point I agree with your "doomed" scenario.

Reaction Score
Aaliyah Edwards was on the same Cresswood Prep Girls BB team as the new
Portal player Latasha Lattimore. Latasha is 6'4". She was first at Syracuse and then,
last year at TEXAS. Hx of ACL. She looked good in the H.S. highland, with one
pass coming from # 24 Aaliyah Geno, why not speak with Aaliyah?? Future
classmate with Amari, AZZI, and Caroline?? Insurance??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom