Transfer portal, Spring 2022 (merged thread) | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Transfer portal, Spring 2022 (merged thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I still don't know why this is in the Uconn side forum, unless I missed her saying she is coming to Uconn what does this have to do with the school?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Not in my opinion. Many other schools could use her more, including 4 that I root for

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
“A note about Saniya Rivers’ transfer from South Carolina: She’s marked in the portal as ‘do not contact,’ meaning, she knows where she’s headed,” The Athletic reporter Chantel Jennings posted to Twitter.

Reaction Score
“A note about Saniya Rivers’ transfer from South Carolina: She’s marked in the portal as ‘do not contact,’ meaning, she knows where she’s headed,” The Athletic reporter Chantel Jennings posted to Twitter.
Just read that. Many think she’s going to North Carolina. Isn’t that home?

Reaction Score
Vanderbilt

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Late in her recruiting process Rivers publicly said she wanted to go a place where she could beat UConn.

Reaction Score
Could Geno go after her ?
he could but why would he with the quality of the current and future guards that he has coming in.......? My sense is she's got a plan and UConn isn't a part of it.........call me a curmudgeon but I gotta admit it's refreshing to see something not go South Carolina's way for a change...........;) Of course Dawn will probably sign Fulwiley and Williams or Watkins too just for the fun of it......

Reaction Score
Wow! The number 3 player in her class! Either she was incredibly overrated or there’s a story here! Probably one we won’t (and shouldn’t) know but I don’t think this is a particularly good look for a program that is trying to assume the top program title. It’s one thing to lose players who were a bit of a reach or who are developmental players but top 3 players don’t normally transfer after one year.

Reaction Score
Couldn't it also mean that she just wants to initiate contact with the schools she's interested in? I've seen several players with that instruction, including Angel Reese if I remember correctly.

Reaction Score
Don't forget Joyce Edwards.....
They already have Raven coming back and all indications are that the guard prospect they have coming in next year is solid as well, not to mention the transfer they already have added.

Reaction Score
So all is not so well in paradise!!!
I thought she had nice moves and great talent!!!!

Reaction Score
Two experienced guards gone to the WNBA, no guards in the upcoming class. I think it’s safe to say that some guard (Owusu, Lopez-Senechal or Rivers) will be high priority for UConn as seen through Coach Valley’s following.

Reaction Score
Just don’t take it out on the kids. Lots of underprivileged need that money.
And eventually the tax man is going to come calling, and most of these athletes aren't prepared for that.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
I think she'd fit in well at UCONN, likely as a top backup though. I think she'd compete with Ducharme for minutes and would be a top reserve for Fudd/Ducharme. Great athlete, never looked comfortable on the court at SC. Once she relaxes and plays more confidently I think she could be a really good collegiate player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilmisangel

Top Bottom