Transfer portal, Spring 2022 (merged thread) | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Transfer portal, Spring 2022 (merged thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
he could but why would he with the quality of the current and future guards that he has coming in.......? My sense is she's got a plan and UConn isn't a part of it.........call me a curmudgeon but I gotta admit it's refreshing to see something not go South Carolina's way for a change...........;) Of course Dawn will probably sign Fulwiley and Williams or Watkins too just for the fun of it......
Just give them a WNBA team and be done with it.

Reaction Score
most Sc fans don't care, if you are a socalled top 2-3 recruit and after one season you feel you can't get the starting job and you quit then I think it's safe to say Dawn won't be losing any sleep.

Reaction Score
Wow! The number 3 player in her class! Either she was incredibly overrated or there’s a story here! Probably one we won’t (and shouldn’t) know but I don’t think this is a particularly good look for a program that is trying to assume the top program title. It’s one thing to lose players who were a bit of a reach or who are developmental players but top 3 players don’t normally transfer after one year.
They’re all overrated until I see another Maya, Diana, Breanna, Tamika or Candance.(sp?)

Reaction Score
I think she'd fit in well at UCONN, likely as a top backup though. I think she'd compete with Ducharme for minutes and would be a top reserve for Fudd/Ducharme. Great athlete, never looked comfortable on the court at SC. Once she relaxes and plays more confidently I think she could be a really good collegiate player.
If she didn't want to sit the bench 1 more year at SC, why would she go to UConn to come off the bench with less playing time? Geno is not as loose with minutes as Dawn is.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
1649986117662.png

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
If she didn't want to sit the bench 1 more year at SC, why would she go to UConn to come off the bench with less playing time? Geno is not as loose with minutes as Dawn is.
Agreed, I dont see it happening but I think she'd be of help to UCONN and has more of a shot to start there than at SC.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Wow! The number 3 player in her class! Either she was incredibly overrated or there’s a story here! Probably one we won’t (and shouldn’t) know but I don’t think this is a particularly good look for a program that is trying to assume the top program title. It’s one thing to lose players who were a bit of a reach or who are developmental players but top 3 players don’t normally transfer after one year.
Don't forget that she was suspended for 3 games late in the season.

Reaction Score
What 2 guards are coming in next year?? Or do you mean 2023?

In a year they will be teammates. Just Like Brady & Patterson right now.

Why bring in a guard who needs a year to be a contributor when you have help for that year, you need help now, for this coming year.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
In a year they will be teammates. Just Like Brady & Patterson right now.

Why bring in a guard who needs a year to be a contributor when you have help for that year, you need help now, for this coming year.

Are we even certain Rivers is a guard. I saw almost nothing of her this year but I did see her some in high school. She strikes me as more of a small forward/wing than a guard. I'm curious what Gamecock fans think of her position-wise.

Reaction Score
this mighta gone unnoticed but apparently Rivers had a 3 game suspension. Surprisingly nobody ever really mentioned it, was for missing classes.

Reaction Score
Are we even certain Rivers is a guard. I saw almost nothing of her this year but I did see her some in high school. She strikes me as more of a small forward/wing than a guard. I'm curious what Gamecock fans think of her position-wise.
She is a combo guard. She was actually the backup point guard for SC the second half of the season.

Last edited:

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
She is a combo guard. She was actually the backup point guard for SC the second half of the season.

To me it seems she'd be better off the ball making plays rather than shooting or ball-handling out on the perimeter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom