Transfer portal - outbound | Page 41 | The Boneyard

Transfer portal - outbound

Status
Not open for further replies.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
The Eli Thomas story is amazing and it pains me to have anything negative to say about the young man considering how close he came to everything crashing to an end.

However, the team and coaches stood by him, backed him until the end, made him captain, etc, and now he's transferring? I find that a little messed up. Wasn't his career pretty much ended due to how close he came to his life threatening injury? Now he's leaving to play somewhere else?

I'm sure I'll get a lot of flack for this and some may feel he owes nothing to the team, but this just rubs me the wrong way. Maybe he's just not able to get into the grad program he wants or it's not offered here. That's my only hope seeing he's a grad transfer....

Reaction Score
The Eli Thomas story is amazing and it pains me to have anything negative to say about the young man considering how close he came to everything crashing to an end.

However, the team and coaches stood by him, backed him until the end, made him captain, etc, and now he's transferring? I find that a little messed up. Wasn't his career pretty much ended due to how close he came to his life threatening injury? Now he's leaving to play somewhere else?

I'm sure I'll get a lot of flack for this and some may feel he owes nothing to the team, but this just rubs me the wrong way. Maybe he's just not able to get into the grad program he wants or it's not offered here. That's my only hope seeing he's a grad transfer....
I was thinking UConn doctors don't think its a good idea for him to play but he's been given a clean bill of health. Sometimes thing's are not aligned at one place.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score

I’m glad someone else said this! Well put.

Reaction Score
Randy, hopefully being older and wiser, would be less prone to put a kid into a situation that could really endanger him, even if the probability is slight. Football is dangerous enough. By keeping him on the team and making him a captain, Eli was getting the life lessons that football provides without the additional risk because of his health issue. So, I wish him well wherever he ends up and hope that he remains healthy and happy.

Reaction Score
Hadn't Edsall said awhile back that his Eli's football career was over?

Seems like either we won't let him play for health reasons or don't feel he's a fit at this level at this point. I highly doubt we were counting on him to play next year and he decided to transfer elsewhere instead.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score

Or maybe he's a baller and wants to see the field again? I don't blame him OR UConn for this one. We did everything right by him and his exit tweet was very gracious. All I care about is that he stays healthy if he ever gets the chance to strap on his helmet again and that he continues his education.

Reaction Score
Didn't Ty-meer Brown experience a similar situation. He was not going to be able to play at UConn but transferred to BC and played.

Reaction Score
Didn't Ty-meer Brown experience a similar situation. He was not going to be able to play at UConn but transferred to BC and played.
That does sound familiar. Different injury I believe, but similar situation. Believe it was a neck injury.

C

Chief00

I was thinking UConn doctors don't think its a good idea for him to play but he's been given a clean bill of health. Sometimes thing's are not aligned at one place.
Indeed.

C

Chief00

Here is what is known for now: 2020 UConn Offer/Commit List Only
  1. Sidney Walker (OL) - Crestview Florida> Kilgore Community College, Kilgore Texas (JUCO) (UConn Commit 12/15/19)
  2. Alexander Wyant (OL) >Santa Ana California>Orange Coast College, Costa Mesa California (JUCO) UConn Commit 12/16/19)
  3. Zach Early (OL) - Perry High School, Perry Ohio (UConn Commit/Transfer 12/18/19)
  4. Tre Wortham (DB) - Stockton CA > San Joaquin Delta Community College, Stockton CA (JUCO) UConn Commit 1/26/20)
Four transfer guys coming in at this point is pretty weak.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Four transfer guys coming in at this point is pretty weak.
Why? Most of the guys that stayed were either redshirts or 2nd stringers. They have been in the program. Plus - how many starters left anyway and how many back ups to those starters left? That is why you only needed a few JUCO's.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Donovan Williams commits to Elon (North Carolina).
I really hope it works out for him. I really feel for him considering how much he was screwed with here by Diaco. He toughed it out and transitioned to TE. For whatever reason it didn't work out here but I really hope he has a great finish to his career. This kid really deserves one.

Reaction Score
I really hope it works out for him. I really feel for him considering how much he was screwed with here by Diaco. He toughed it out and transitioned to TE. For whatever reason it didn't work out here but I really hope he has a great finish to his career. This kid really deserves one.
He constantly got hurt which didn’t help him

Reaction Score
UConn NCAA Transfer Portal Commits/Transfers to date:
  1. Jeff Woods - Norfolk State (FCS)
  2. OL Robert Holmes -Austin Peay (FCS)
  3. OL Stanley Hubbard - James Madison (FCS)
  4. RB Dante Black - Richmond (FCS)
  5. QB Michael Beaudry - Idaho (FCS)
  6. DB Tahj Herring-Wilson - ArkState (FBS)
  7. TE Donovan Williams - Elon (FCS)
  8. LB Eddie Hahn - Monmouth (FCS)

Reaction Score
I'm actually disappointed he left. I though/think that he and Rose could make a really good pair of TEs. Hope things work out for him.

Has there been any word why he left? Kind of surprising since Edsall liked him, there was a role available, and he's leaving for a lower level

Reaction Score
UConn NCAA Transfer Portal Commits/Transfers to date:
  1. Jeff Woods - Norfolk State (FCS)
  2. OL Robert Holmes -Austin Peay (FCS)
  3. OL Stanley Hubbard - James Madison (FCS)
  4. RB Dante Black - Richmond (FCS)
  5. QB Michael Beaudry - Idaho (FCS)
  6. DB Tahj Herring-Wilson - ArkState (FBS)
  7. TE Donovan Williams - Elon (FCS)
  8. LB Eddie Hahn - Monmouth (FCS)
  9. WR/K Mason Donaldson - Campbell (FCS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom