Transfer portal - outbound | Page 35 | The Boneyard

Transfer portal - outbound

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Is it a fait accompli that ALL in the portal are definitely, positively not coming back?

you see a lot of kids enter portal to see if grass is greener elsewhere only to return home. Just curious if all our kids were either fed up or asked to move on, rather than encouraged to see if they might be happier elsewhere.
Not sure it works like the NBA draft, where they can enter their name but come back if things aren't looking good. All these kids basically gave a farewell speech. It would be weird to welcome them back after all this, yeah? At least if I was in the locker room, I wouldn't have the same respect for them.

Reaction Score
Not sure it works like the NBA draft, where they can enter their name but come back if things aren't looking good.

They can... they are multiple examples across the CFB landscape where kids pull their name out of the portal and stay with their current team.

The risk is that once you enter the Portal, the Coach is not obligated to take the player back and the player's financial aid/scholarship can be discontinued.

Reaction Score
They can... they are multiple examples across the CFB landscape where kids pull their name out of the portal and stay with their current team.

The risk is that once you enter the Portal, the Coach is not obligated to take the player back and the player's financial aid/scholarship can be discontinued.
Copy that. Thanks for the clarification.

Reaction Score
Not sure it works like the NBA draft, where they can enter their name but come back if things aren't looking good. All these kids basically gave a farewell speech. It would be weird to welcome them back after all this, yeah? At least if I was in the locker room, I wouldn't have the same respect for them.

Respect? Hopefully the words you were looking for was trust in their commitment. Not sure why every player that goes in the portal should suddenly be disrespected. Except on the Boneyard.

Reaction Score
Respect? Hopefully the words you were looking for was trust in their commitment. Not sure why every player that goes in the portal should suddenly be disrespected. Except on the Boneyard.
If you were committed to something, and a teammate strayed and explored options to leave, you wouldn't feel any displeasure with them? If they do comeback /are allowed to comeback, I wouldn't be one to just be smiley and happy to welcome them back. This should be based on particulars and each individuals situation. We don't see eye to eye here, that's fine. Once you decide to leave, don't come back.

Reaction Score
Someone remind me again how all these transfers are a good thing, and HCRE is managing the roster well?

Reaction Score
If you were committed to something, and a teammate strayed and explored options to leave, you wouldn't feel any displeasure with them? If they do comeback /are allowed to comeback, I wouldn't be one to just be smiley and happy to welcome them back. This should be based on particulars and each individuals situation. We don't see eye to eye here, that's fine. Once you decide to leave, don't come back.
Does this hold for HCRE2.0, formally known as HCRE1.0?

Reaction Score
The portal does not NECESSARILY mean you decided to leave. It is not the same as a kid who commits and then says let me take more visits.

Some guys use it to explore potential grad schools (I.e., entire Stanford class) or explore things closer to home. You can’t feel it’s ok for us to reach out to guys in portal (w/whom otherwise we could not speak with) and then say if any of our kids go there, they’re dead to me.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
So do we have anyone to play safety?? I know this was already known/mentioned that he was leaving, but what the heck....the kid has three years of eligibility left. Don't know if any other FBS grabs him, no offense to the kid, but this isn't just a grad transfer. It's not even a kid who's not going to get PT or is going to be passed over on the depth chart.

Someone mentioned it coincided with day one of classes so I'm hoping it's an academic issue. However, couldn't he still turn it around academically and stay?

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
So do we have anyone to play safety?? I know this was already known/mentioned that he was leaving, but what the heck....the kid has three years of eligibility left. Don't know if any other FBS grabs him, no offense to the kid, but this isn't just a grad transfer. It's not even a kid who's not going to get PT or is going to be passed over on the depth chart.

Someone mentioned it coincided with day one of classes so I'm hoping it's an academic issue. However, couldn't he still turn it around academically and stay?
Not everyone is leaving because of on the field problems. Some are leaving because of off the field problems that cannot be ignored.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Not everyone is leaving because of on the field problems. Some are leaving because of off the field problems that cannot be ignored.
Cannot be ignored by who? Edsall or the University? If imagine these things happen all over but who knows. I'd also think you'd usually hear about it if it's an off the field issue that can't be ignored.

Not looking for info, just speaking out loud because I'd have imagined that if it was an off field issue that can't be ignored, it'd be public knowledge somewhere and I haven't heard of anything regarding him and any issues.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I've never understood the angst toward's Edsall's move to Maryland. 90% of the college coaches take opportunities when presented to move up. Yes, Edsall should have flown back with the team and let them know first, but other than that, the job was an upgrade with much more $. I was bitter back then, but only about his handling of the move, not for taking what was obviously a good opportunity for any Big East football coach.

Reaction Score
What about HCRE? Dream Job?? Left the program high and dry. Your probably a Lebron fan too.
3 posts. You must be new around here. There are way more people involved. But ok.
He didn't do a head fake want to come back.

Reaction Score
I've never understood the angst toward's Edsall's move to Maryland. 90% of the college coaches take opportunities when presented to move up. Yes, Edsall should have flown back with the team and let them know first, but other than that, the job was an upgrade with much more $. I was bitter back then, but only about his handling of the move, not for taking what was obviously a good opportunity for any Big East football coach.
That's the whole point of why everyone was PO'd at him. Not that he left but the way he left. He could have done it with a lot more class and compassion for the players and the school but it seemed at the time he was trying to stick it to UConn as much as moving on to a job he may have wanted in the past. And then he comes crawling back. Well, now it's on him to prove he deserves to be here. Not UConn Nation lucky to have him back.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
That's the whole point of why everyone was PO'd at him. Not that he left but the way he left. He could have done it with a lot more class and compassion for the players and the school but it seemed at the time he was trying to stick it to UConn as much as moving on to a job he may have wanted in the past. And then he comes crawling back. Well, now it's on him to prove he deserves to be here. Not UConn Nation lucky to have him back.
Fine- but that’s not what most on this board seem to say when the reference that moment. Instead they emphasis “dream school” and “ditching” the program as if he had some obligation to be UConn’s coach forever. No one can defend what he did over the 24-48 hour period after the Fiesta Bowl, but taking the Maryland job made all the sense in the world.

Reaction Score
I believe he was asked to come back

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Do they care that much?

Reaction Score
Two ACLs injuries in three years? Not sure he ever got a snap in a live game in his time here. Well, the portal is for all levels of NCAA so...
He did get in a game. It was a blowout both he and Black got a few carries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom