Transfer portal - outbound | Page 34 | The Boneyard

Transfer portal - outbound

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I’ve been told the same. Locker is empty. Not sure what was the genesis for leaving might have been or what is next for him. Needless to say he is leaving at a time where the safety position is rather wide open.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Oniel Robinson is leaving the program.
I’ve been told the same. Locker is empty. Not sure what was the genesis for leaving or what is next for him. Needless to say he is leaving at a time where the safety position is rather wide open.
Hmmm... coincides with the first day of classes.

Reaction Score
crap.. was excited about seeing what he could bring to the position...

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
the portal works. My son is in it because he is graduating early and wants to run for his grad year and has had a bunch of inbound interest.

Yep, but here is the pending fail in the system. UConn is set to have five unused scholarships in 2020 (80 used/5 unfilled) thanks to the 25 man per annum cap rule. Thats as of today, assuming no more kids leave early which is extremely unlikely as school (academics) and competition (spring ball) is likely to spin out a few more kids in May. Of course this is happening everywhere and I'm guessing that nearly all 130 D1 programs will have the same problem, kids will be hitting the portal this spring to find there are no D1 seats left and even the FCS buses are full too.

Need Cap relief for this summer...ASAP. Scholarships will be going unused everywhere.

Reaction Score
Yep, but here is the pending fail in the system. UConn is set to have five unused scholarships in 2020 (80 used/5 unfilled) thanks to the 25 man per annum cap rule. Thats as of today, assuming no more kids leave early which is extremely unlikely as school (academics) and competition (spring ball) is likely to spin out a few more kids in May. Of course this is happening everywhere and I'm guessing that nearly all 130 D1 programs will have the same problem, kids will be hitting the portal this spring to find there are no D1 seats left and even the FCS buses are full too.

Need Cap relief for this summer...ASAP. Scholarships will be going unused everywhere.
seems like an unfair system.. only guys that win out are the higher level P5ers... with left over spots you'd think there'd be some sort of waiver that schools can apply for.. ESPECIALLY if it can help bring parity (dare I say it.. God forbid parity in college football comes into play just a little bit more)...

Reaction Score
R-Jr Garrison Burnett (Edsall recruit) had been previously rumored to be moving on but now official:

Reaction Score
R-Jr Garrison Burnett (Edsall recruit) had been previously rumored to be moving on but now official:

another one bites the dust.. His Twitter page was a dead give away. All UConn references were pretty much gone other than his follows and followers... I see him resurfacing at a place like Towson...and doing well there. He might've been a kid that was stuck behind folks on the depth chart. Never got going here. Wish him the best.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
So this means we're down to 79 Scholly players???

Correct. We have 74 signed and 5 open scholarships. The best we can do now is 79 going into next fall. Surely there will be a few more departures...so maybe we head into the fall with around 76 or so. Expect 2021 to be a full class of 25 again and perhaps we finally get to a full 85 man roster by spring 2021.

At the WR position we have:

Scholarship:
1) Cam Ross (soph)
2) Matt Drayton (soph)
3) Heron Maurisseau (rs soph)
4) Elijah Jeffreys (rs soph)
5) Cam Hairston (rs soph)
6) Kevens Clerius (rs fr)
7) Keelan Marion (fr)
8) Darious Bush (fr)

WOs:
1) Jakai Gill
2) Hayden Jordan
3) Jacob Flynn

I expect to see either Gill or Jordan get some snaps this year. My suspicion is that both might have moved ahead of Burnett (and Zavier Scott) on the depth chart over the course of the fall.

Reaction Score
Early rumor for Cam was SMU (Rhett Lashlee) but now that Rhett is at U of Miami, who knows.

Reaction Score
Not sure why this didnt happen until today.

It didn't happen until now because the kid is smarter than most of the other kids leaving. Why? He entered the portal after the start of classes, which means UConn has to honor his scholarship and provide services in the Spring semester. In order for him to play next season, he has to graduate from UConn and now UConn will pick up the tab. I honestly wonder why some of the other kids didn't do the same unless some were pushed out and UConn agreed to honor their scholarships for the Spring semester even if they entered the portal.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
It didn't happen until now because the kid is smarter than most of the other kids leaving. Why? He entered the portal after the start of classes, which means UConn has to honor his scholarship and provide services in the Spring semester. In order for him to play next season, he has to graduate from UConn and now UConn will pick up the tab. I honestly wonder why some of the other kids didn't do the same unless some were pushed out and UConn agreed to honor their scholarships for the Spring semester even if they entered the portal.
I think the other kids are worried about getting a seat at the next school. I'm not saying that is the best strategy, but its probably about the only explanation.

Reaction Score
They also don’t like doing school work. For many of them it is a welcome break from responsibility.

My son is currently in this situation and would have loved to take the semester off but we wouldn’t let him.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Just noticed that Jeff Woods landed at Norfolk State. He had enrolled last January only to leave the program over the summer. I heard off the field issues (unrelated to UConn football) drove the decision to leave.

Reaction Score
Robinson officially in the portal.

... and they can’t figure where to put DeGeorge and everyone gets 5 beers instead of stars today!
1579721788690.png

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
God damn North Korean hackers!

PS - DeGeorge has moved well passed his old Max Mad Fury Road days per his HS photo.

Reaction Score
By the time summer camp starts we will probably be down to 75 or 76 Schollys.
Hope not... We'd have to lose 4 to 5 more kids AFTER getting the 5 slots filled in a few weeks for that to happen

Reaction Score
Is it a fait accompli that ALL in the portal are definitely, positively not coming back?

you see a lot of kids enter portal to see if grass is greener elsewhere only to return home. Just curious if all our kids were either fed up or asked to move on, rather than encouraged to see if they might be happier elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom