Transfer portal - outbound | Page 39 | The Boneyard

Transfer portal - outbound

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I hope Beaudry starts slinging the ball all over the field in Idaho. It makes the discussion here way more interesting.

I can't figure out what happen to him. Did he not grasp the offense? Was his arm hurt? He didn't seem to have quite enough zip for FBS. IDK.

Reaction Score
I can't figure out what happen to him. Did he not grasp the offense? Was his arm hurt? He didn't seem to have quite enough zip for FBS. IDK.
Numbers game. He was looking at 3rd or 4th string QB.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Numbers game. He was looking at 3rd or 4th string QB.

Yes that was the outcome which was clear. What I am pondering is the why, as he didn’t performed as hoped.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
He definitely didn’t appear to have the zip on the ball he had in Florida. Could have been he wasn’t talented, but I have a funny feeling he’ll be better in Idaho. Just seems to be our luck.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
I won't count Woods because it was off field stuff here. That leaves 4 guys. All brought in by Edsall. So...

The only counter argument is Diaco kids have yet to land anywhere.
If RE's first guys were FCS, then most of Diaco's will be FCS or D 2 as well, Tyler Coyle and Nino Leone being the only exceptions.

Reaction Score

It would've been more surprising if a D2 QB transfer played well at the FBS level. Some here overrated him because Peyton Manning said something polite about him once and he took the OL for ice cream.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
He definitely didn’t appear to have the zip on the ball he had in Florida. Could have been he wasn’t talented, but I have a funny feeling he’ll be better in Idaho. Just seems to be our luck.
Yeah, I think he lost something on that arm of his. The zip wasn't there this fall.

Reaction Score
The one thing that still concerns me a lot about our coaching staff is our QB coaching.. that's probably THE most important coach on the offensive side of the ball... Moyseenko better show us something. He has to... Or else we're not going to be very good again... We can't have QBs throwing INTs left and right or getting sacked a bunch of times. I know I know, the players play, coaches can only do so much, BUT, that's why EVERY FBS school has a QB coach that, typically, had a coaching background for the QB position. We currently do not. I don't count Moyseenko coaching our QBs last year as experience (sorry). He was thrown in there out of desperation (not necessity)...
I hope that guy makes me eat crow, big time... Please prove me wrong.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
The one thing that still concerns me a lot about our coaching staff is our QB coaching.. that's probably THE most important coach on the offensive side of the ball... Moyseenko better show us something. He has to... Or else we're not going to be very good again... We can't have QBs throwing INTs left and right or getting sacked a bunch of times. I know I know, the players play, coaches can only do so much, BUT, that's why EVERY FBS school has a QB coach that, typically, had a coaching background for the QB position. We currently do not. I don't count Moyseenko coaching our QBs last year as experience (sorry). He was thrown in there out of desperation (not necessity)...
It's a fair comment. QB is still a mystery. MB showed nothing. Jack Zergiotis was wildly inaccurate and displayed very poor pocket presence....and they can't figure out if they trust Steven Krajewski to play at all.

Hard to have confidence that there will be progress in this area. Unless...Leon is the saviour.

Reaction Score
It's a fair comment. QB is still a mystery. MB showed nothing. Jack Zergiotis was wildly inaccurate and displayed very poor pocket presence....and they can't figure out if they trust Steven Krajewski to play at all.

Hard to have confidence that there will be progress in this area. Unless...Leon is the saviour.
Let's hope one of these kids have TRUE COMMAND of our offense. We need a LEADER out there... PERIOD.
They are all talented, BUT as a QB you gotta have the mindset of being THE GUY.. and play like it too..

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score

1/2 full view:

Jack Zergiotis: Played as a true freshman - and coming from Canadian rules football...spring football maybe telling about whether or not Jack Zergiotis can make the adjustments and learn. He has the arm talent.
Steven Krajewski: Third spring season ahead. Things should really start to click as we have staff continuity.
ML: Wild card. Some players whispered he has more talent than people think. Spring will be telling.
JS: UConn snagged a ballyhooed Canadian QB with both long ball skills and mobility. He's coming in recovering from a torn ACL. If any of the three above struggle, expect JS to come in the second 1/2 of the 2020 campaign. Shades of McKenzie Milton in Senecal's tape.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
1/2 full view:

Jack Zergiotis: Played as a true freshman - and coming from Canadian rules football...spring football maybe telling about whether or not Jack Zergiotis can make the adjustments and learn. He has the arm talent.
Steven Krajewski: Third spring season ahead. Things should really start to click as we have staff continuity.
ML: Wild card. Some players whispered he has more talent than people think. Spring will be telling.
JS: UConn snagged a ballyhooed Canadian QB with both long ball skills and mobility. He's coming in recovering from a torn ACL. If any of the three above struggle, expect JS to come in the second 1/2 of the 2020 campaign. Shades of McKenzie Milton in Senecal's tape.
But the question was....do we have the coaches to develop their talent...not do we have QB talent. Nothing we saw last year says these coaches can develop a quarterback.

Maybe they can...but we haven't seen the development yet.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
I thought Zergiotis improved as the season went along. He got better on the deep balls and showed loft on other passes. For a freshman, I thought his improvement was good as he didn't cower into a ball when things went bad. Kudos to Jack Zergiotis and Moyseenko for the improvement and keeping a freshman's head above water.

Reaction Score
1/2 full view:

We'll probably never know why Edsall didn't play Steven Krajewski the allowed four games in 2018, or at least portions of four games, instead of one pass and two handoffs in the last game of the year. I like what little we've seen of Steven Krajewski which, unfortunately, is mainly the game in which he excelled in spite of the broken collar bone. He has touch, can throw the out and deep balls, showed he can find secondary receivers and can run.

Edsall's comment about Jack Zergiotis just having "it" may be evidence the staff doesn't believe Steven Krajewski has the swagger they're looking for or doesn't take charge of the huddle the way they'd like him to, but I'd sure like to see him given a chance to play meaningful minutes. But, I'm afraid Edsall is not one to give someone a second chance if he's made up his mind someone else has "it" and you don't.

Reaction Score
But the question was....do we have the coaches to develop their talent...not do we have QB talent. Nothing we saw last year says these coaches can develop a quarterback.

Maybe they can...but we haven't seen the development yet.

You don't think a Canadian freshman, 5 months out of high school throwing for over 400 yards vs ECU was properly "developed" by the coaches? Someone developed him.

Reaction Score
Good stuff guys... Let's just see one of these QBs take the spot... IMO, this position alone (player and coaching) will play the biggest factor on the success of this football team (or lack of, which we're all tired of now. enough is enough).

We need a straight DOG out there that's gonna embrace that big stage and make things happen.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
You don't think a Canadian freshman, 5 months out of high school throwing for over 400 yards vs ECU was properly "developed" by the coaches? Someone developed him.
Part of development is consistency. He was wildly inconsistent. I am not going to post stats to counter the ECU game. And he had really bad pocket awareness and decisions. I guess he could have been worse, but still...even for a Canadian true freshman he had huge gaps

Hopefully he makes a big step forward next year. From what Edsall says, I still think it's Leon's job to lose.

Reaction Score
UConn NCAA Transfer Portal Commits/Transfers to date:
  1. Jeff Woods - Norfolk State (FCS)
  2. OL Robert Holmes -Austin Peay (FCS)
  3. OL Stanley Hubbard - James Madison (FCS)
  4. RB Dante Black - Richmond (FCS)
  5. QB Michael Beaudry - Idaho (FCS)
  6. DB Tahj Herring-Wilson - ArkState (FBS)

Reaction Score
i haven’t followed this board.. or uconn football the last few years. but there was a time when i was a hopeful husky. is there talk of firing this guy? can go consecutive years one of worst programs in country cause he got blown out in a bcs game 9 years ago with 8 wins. program is falling apart.. 24 players transferring. 0 signs of improvement.

Reaction Score
i haven’t followed this board.. or uconn football the last few years. but there was a time when i was a hopeful husky. is there talk of firing this guy? can go consecutive years one of worst programs in country cause he got blown out in a bcs game 9 years ago with 8 wins. program is falling apart.. 24 players transferring. 0 signs of improvement.

We bought this Edsel on the cheap and we're keeping it another year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom