Transfer Portal - June 2023 | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Transfer Portal - June 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

All signs pointing to Tre Mitchell ending up at Kentucky.

If true, 100% perfect fit. Antonio Reeves is their only upperclassman and with Aaron Bradshaw in danger of missing the start to the season (foot injury), there is a dire need for size.

Even without the Bradshaw injury, PF is Kentucky's biggest need as their biggest non-bigs (how many times can I correctly use big in a sentence?) are five-star wing Justin Edwards (6'7 180) and three-star freshman Jordan Burks (6'9 190).

Long story short: Mitchell would be a perfect plug-and-play 4 for Kentucky and could also play 5 in a pinch, should Bradshaw need more time to recover from his injury.

Reaction Score

In terms of fit, Seton Hall and Georgetown are the best Big East landing spots for Toussaint.

Seton Hall has Richmond and Dawes as starters, but a lack of experience in the backcourt behind them. Considering Sha likes bigger rotations, Toussaint should reprise a similar role at Seton Hall.

Currently, Georgetown's PG looks to be redshirt freshman Rowan Brumbaugh, who is my pick to be Georgetown's breakout performer this year, but it would be wise to add a savvy vet like Toussaint to help ease in Brumbaugh's PT. On my count, Brumbaugh is the only true PG on Georgetown's roster as Heath and Epps are more CGs/SGs.

Reaction Score

In terms of fit, Seton Hall and Georgetown are the best Big East landing spots for Toussaint.

Seton Hall has Richmond and Dawes as starters, but a lack of experience in the backcourt behind them. Considering Sha likes bigger rotations, Toussaint should reprise a similar role at Seton Hall.

Currently, Georgetown's PG looks to be redshirt freshman Rowan Brumbaugh, who is my pick to be Georgetown's breakout performer this year, but it would be wise to add a savvy vet like Toussaint to help ease in Brumbaugh's PT. On my count, Brumbaugh is the only true PG on Georgetown's roster as Heath and Epps are more CGs/SGs.

St Johns looking for more guys??

Reaction Score
Why do I keep hoping Nahim will somehow come back & become a Husky again? That hurt when he left- he scored a lot of baskets & played good defense which kept the the championship run going

It’s no coincidence that right after our 2-6 run both he and Joey got their games going. But Alleyne even more so. He started making shots consistently and his confidence jumped a few levels. He was already playing very good defense but it showed even more when his offense became a factor. Really wish he had stayed.

Reaction Score
It’s no coincidence that right after our 2-6 run both he and Joey got their games going. But Alleyne even more so. He started making shots consistently and his confidence jumped a few levels. He was already playing very good defense but it showed even more when his offense became a factor. Really wish he had stayed.
Yeah. But I think he chose St John’s for NIL as much as he did for role. Get your bag Naheim

Reaction Score

Pitino has 18 scholeys. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
As expected. Home run pickup for Kentucky as Mitchell is exactly what they need: a skilled veteran with size.

Huge last few weeks with Reeves returning and Mitchell committing. Two schollies still open too.

Reaction Score
As expected. Home run pickup for Kentucky as Mitchell is exactly what they need: a skilled veteran with size.

Huge last few weeks with Reeves returning and Mitchell committing. Two schollies still open too.

This is why I thought the reports from Field of 68 and Aaron Torres about Kentucky's demise were clickbait and premature. I know, the Bob Huggins thing was out of nowhere and an outlier, but Kentucky is still Kentucky and Calipari is still Calipari granted he doesn't know how to work the transfer portal all that well.

Kentucky will be just fine. Are they are threat win it all? Sure, but not as much as a threat as some other teams. But they certainly are not free falling.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
This is why I thought the reports from Field of 68 and Aaron Torres about Kentucky's demise were clickbait and premature. I know, the Bob Huggins thing was out of nowhere and an outlier, but Kentucky is still Kentucky and Calipari is still Calipari granted he doesn't know how to work the transfer portal all that well.

Kentucky will be just fine. Are they are threat win it all? Sure, but not as much as a threat as some other teams. But they certainly are not free falling.
Reeves and Mitchell are solid starters. But they’re gonna need Wagner and Edwards to be legit stars by the end of the season, if they want to be real title contenders. Not sure I love those odds, and I really like Edwards.

Reaction Score

Jordan Brown was originally a five-star recruit by Nevada, who also played at Arizona. Circuitous route to Memphis, but should be a very good player at Memphis and truly adds a dimension of size they haven't had since Duren.

Reaction Score
Reeves and Mitchell are solid starters. But they’re gonna need Wagner and Edwards to be legit stars by the end of the season, if they want to be real title contenders. Not sure I love those odds, and I really like Edwards.
Kentucky aren't title contenders, but the retaining of Reeves and addition of Mitchell turn Kentucky from a borderline top-25 team to securely somewhere in the top 15ish. In other words, potential laughing stock to a possibly very good team.

Might me more of my bias kicking in, but I do not see Kentucky as a title contender for as long as Calipari is building teams the way he has been building them.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Why do I keep hoping Nahim will somehow come back & become a Husky again? That hurt when he left- he scored a lot of baskets & played good defense which kept the the championship run going
1687950705093.png

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Kentucky aren't title contenders, but the retaining of Reeves and addition of Mitchell turn Kentucky from a borderline top-25 team to securely somewhere in the top 15ish. In other words, potential laughing stock to a possibly very good team.

Might me more of my bias kicking in, but I do not see Kentucky as a title contender for as long as Calipari is building teams the way he has been building them.
This is nit picking, but I’d argue the top 15 teams are all “contenders” to some extent. That’s the top 4 seeds basically.

Reaction Score
Here's a surprise:

Bench player as a sophomore for WVU. Can protect the rim a bit and rebound. 6'8" 240 but has some hops.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score

To me the combination of Calipari and the continuous turnover of one and dones and transfers out makes it difficult to build teamwork which is increasingly showing up the weakness in this model of program. Too many McDonald's All Americans spoil the broth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom