Transfer Portal - June 2023 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Transfer Portal - June 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
From their hugely successful 20-15 season.... Rutgers about to be sub-.500 again.
And that gets you a lifetime contract at Rutgers. ;)

If your expectations are low, that's what you are going to achieve.

Reaction Score
It makes Newton coming back to play for Hurley that much more special. Though going back to a winning program is easier especially already after being one of the top dogs on the team.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Wonder if Gavin is having second thoughts now? I’d at least touch base if I was on the staff…

Reaction Score
Wonder if Gavin is having second thoughts now? I’d at least touch base if I was on the staff…
That is exactly the kind of behavior cooley gets lambasted for on this board. Take the high road. Pikiel probably pushed spencer in uconns direction once he decided to leave.

Reaction Score
That is exactly the kind of behavior cooley gets lambasted for on this board. Take the high road. Pikiel probably pushed spencer in uconns direction once he decided to leave.
Gentle reminder: Cooley is the best….:)

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
It would suck for Samson to come back just for us to take a transfer big to play over him.

It's year 3, his time is now. Lol

I don't think we would bring anyone in that could be more talented than him anyways. Got to let that talent play and develop.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
The best part of all of this is wasn’t it rumored that Cooley and GTown nil lured Spencer into the portal in the first place.

Thanks for spoiling us with this, Ed!!

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
We roast Cooley cause he continually gets caught with his pants down in regards to tampering. Every coaching staff is keeping tabs on guys they’d want if they became available. I’d bet you anything our staff had an idea Spencer and Timberlake would heavily consider us before entering the portal.

But I know we like to pretend we’re the saints and angels of college athletics, so this won’t be a popular opinion.

Reaction Score
It would suck for Samson to come back just for us to take a transfer big to play over him.

It's year 3, his time is now. Lol

I don't think we would bring anyone in that could be more talented than him anyways. Got to let that talent play and develop.

But what if you say no to a potential impact big and SJ doesn’t develop? If there’s someone there you need to take them.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
But what if you say no to a potential impact big and SJ doesn’t develop? If there’s someone there you need to take them.
Hurley gets paid the big bucks to do that. He brought him in for a reason and spoke very highly of him his freshman year. I’m honestly not worried about him as long as he plays good minutes. He’s too talented to not be able to produce off the bench.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
We basically had 3 practice body guys on the roster last year. I think at some point you live and die with the guys you expect to contribute.

Reaction Score

@UCTitleTown is gonna be heartbroken

My in-laws are NDSU alum and my wife's dad loves Nelson.

Pretty cool that his only D1 offers out of HS were from UND and NDSU. His production at his 450 enrollment high school was bonkers, but, naturally, how it compared to high-end competitive was in question. Basically, Nelson was just a really good basketball player who simply played for his middle-of-nowhere HS. Gotta love it.

Reaction Score
From their hugely successful 20-15 season.... Rutgers about to be sub-.500 again.
Interesting quote:
"Whereas money appears to be the driver in Spencer’s defection, Mulcahy’s situation is more complicated."

Reaction Score
Hurley gets paid the big bucks to do that. He brought him in for a reason and spoke very highly of him his freshman year. I’m honestly not worried about him as long as he plays good minutes. He’s too talented to not be able to produce off the bench.
I’m mostly worried about an injury. (Knocked on wood)

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
He brought him in as a project - someone who has the physical attributes but was rather raw on the talent side. The kid has been consistently injured and when he did play he tended to foul a lot. I agree that IF he was to remain healthy from day one he probably could have developed into a productive contributor. At this point, if there is someone who is healthy and is a big who has played more than a handful of games with some decent numbers you have to take him off the portal. I am afraid that SJ may be snake bitten.

Reaction Score
He brought him in as a project - someone who has the physical attributes but was rather raw on the talent side. The kid has been consistently injured and when he did play he tended to foul a lot. I agree that IF he was to remain healthy from day one he probably could have developed into a productive contributor. At this point, if there is someone who is healthy and is a big who has played more than a handful of games with some decent numbers you have to take him off the portal. I am afraid that SJ may be snake bitten.
While I would agree he came to UConn a little on the raw side, I wouldn't call him a project. He was ranked around 50 by most (see him at a composite #47 here) and recruits that high aren't typically "projects".

Reaction Score
Another Matt Veretto-esque player available in the portal:

Like Veretto, Hall is from CT (Willimantic), is a stretch forward and took extensive time off from organized basketball after their first seasons of D1 (Hall last played at Evansville during the 20-21 season).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom