Transfer Portal - June 2023 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Transfer Portal - June 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So we have one open scholarship, what is our biggest remaining need?

Personally I would like to see the last ship used on a 4/5 front court player, just in case the freshman center and or Johnson get injured or aren't ready for prime time. We look great with Karaban and Clingan as the starters, but we have nothing but hopes and prayers off the frontcourt bench, of course the people who see practice every day might have more confidence in our front court depth than I do.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Personally I would like to see the last ship used on a 4/5 front court player, just in case the freshman center and or Johnson get injured or aren't ready for prime time. We look great with Karaban and Clingan as the starters, but we have nothing but hopes and prayers off the frontcourt bench, of course the people who see practice every day might have more confidence in our front court depth than I do.
Hurley has already said he’s probably not going to use the last scholarship so I wouldn’t get my hopes up.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I would rather keep the incoming class intact instead of just adding bodies, let the kids get more experience if possible this coming season.

Horatio

15 years no Madden
Reaction Score
I bet he uses it, our recruiting prowess is very strong right now, leave no stone unturned when going for a championship.
Exactly. And people are underestimating the fact that a couple of kids were waiting for UConn decisions, entered the portal with UConn on their list and reached out to UConn about the last scholarship.

Reaction Score
Hurley has already said he’s probably not going to use the last scholarship so I wouldn’t get my hopes up.
When he spoke after practice a day or two ago he walked that back, saying he’s not sure but that UConn might add “at least” one player in the portal. I think it’s in the realm of possibility now that he might add one more.

Reaction Score

All your points make sense, but I have the growing sense that we are "ridin' or dyin'" with the frontcourt that we have.

However, if there's a right fit, then I'm with you, especially if this player is a one-year grad transfer commitment. This player will need to be aware that nothing is guaranteed with their role, but they will have a shot at backup minutes at the 5 or 4, depending on who this player is.

Someone like Memphis' Malcolm Dandridge fits the bill. A 6'9 260 grad transfer who averaged 14 mpg last year, a solid, boring backup big. Dandridge would be the backup 5 who allows Singare to develop slowly and then give Johnson the flex ability to play both the 4 and 5. Just spitballin'

To be honest, I'm ready to enter the summer with the 12 we got.

Reaction Score
All your points make sense, but I have the growing sense that we are "ridin' or dyin'" with the frontcourt that we have.

However, if there's a right fit, then I'm with you, especially if this player is a one-year grad transfer commitment. This player will need to be aware that nothing is guaranteed with their role, but they will have a shot at backup minutes at the 5 or 4, depending on who this player is.

Someone like Memphis' Malcolm Dandridge fits the bill. A 6'9 260 grad transfer who averaged 14 mpg last year, a solid, boring backup big. Dandridge would be the backup 5 who allows Singare to develop slowly and then give Johnson the flex ability to play both the 4 and 5. Just spitballin'

To be honest, I'm ready to enter the summer with the 12 we got.
I think at this point Hurley has earned the right for us to trust his judgment. I’m following the 2024 recruiting news intently now.

Reaction Score
I think a developmental big with some beef would be perfect. Someone who understands he needs time but could be thrown in the game in a pinch because of foul trouble/ injury. And of course has a potential high ceiling

DC is supposedly gone after this year. SJ we do not know how he will take to the 5 position, I think he fancies himself a 4. That currently leaves our thin/ raw frosh

Reaction Score
When he spoke after practice a day or two ago he walked that back, saying he’s not sure but that UConn might add “at least” one player in the portal. I think it’s in the realm of possibility now that he might add one more.
I wasn't there so we're both getting that information from what the beat writers who were there wrote. Here's what 2 of them said in their articles on Spencer's commitment. So I'll go with what they said. For now. Hurley can certainly change his mind if someone becomes available that he wants.

Dave Borges from the Register: "Spencer becomes the Huskies’ 12th scholarship player for 2023-24. UConn still has one open slot available, but coach Dan Hurley has said he didn’t want to go to 13 scholarships for this season."

Gavin Keefe from the Day: "His addition leaves the Huskies with one scholarship remaining. But Hurley stated Monday that he’ll likely leave that spot open."

Reaction Score
We are all expecting castle to start and be awesome correct? That changes everything. Im expecting butler from this guy. This guy is game changer. We never get guys like this. He will be best player by far immediately I would assume.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom