Transfer Portal April 2023 | Page 17 | The Boneyard

Transfer Portal April 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Another example how the portal is a living, breathing beast:

Dennis will be a grad transfer, finishing last season with 19.5p, 4.3r, 5.8a, 1.5s, 1.5 3p%, 36.6 3p%, 76.9 FT% for Toledo.

Sounds like there's already a heavy Illinois lean, but still, if there's mutual interest, I'd be pumped to add the 6'2 180 grad transfer.

Reaction Score
Some local news on the portal.

Gaiter is a Meriden native and played HS ball at Sacred Heart in Waterbury.

South Alabama has been one of the more consistent Sun Belt teams since Richie Riley took over when he became one of the earliest pioneers of the portal before it was cool.

Reaction Score
Some local news on the portal.

Gaiter is a Meriden native and played HS ball at Sacred Heart in Waterbury.

South Alabama has been one of the more consistent Sun Belt teams since Richie Riley took over when he became one of the earliest pioneers of the portal before it was cool.

I have a former colleague who coaches @ Assumption, tough loss but they can spin this to help them with recruiting - I'd think?

MJ1

Reaction Score
Big East changes within conference continues: St. John’s Posh Alexander commits to Butler. Also, St. John’s Dylan Addae-Wusu transfers to Seton Hall.

Reaction Score
I originally posted this in the wrong thread:

I've had the joy of watching Dingle play live last year when Penn visited Iona. Penn stunk that game, lost 78-50, but Dingle scored 16 points with 8-9 on the line (he was 0-7 from three), but I loved his tenacity and ability to break down the defense. He didn't look like a typical Ivy player.

Good size for a CG too at 6'3 195...and he does enough on offense to fit in either as a 1 or 2, depending on his teammates...love his versatility.

Last year, Dingle averaged 23.4p, 3.6r, 2.3a, 2.9 TO, 55.5 2p%, 2.8 3PM, 35.6 3p%, 6.0 FTA and 85.6 FT%.

A lot of his numbers are within national ranks:

Screen Shot 2023-04-28 at 9.50.09 AM.png

Excellent player and great kid.

Sign me up. Would be an excellent fit irregardless whether Newton returns or not.

Reaction Score
Yeah Dingle isn't your typical Ivy league player. I got to see him play a lot in the Big 5 and just in general being from Philly. He can fill it up, he can be a bit streaky though. I believe he had a streak of 20+ games of scoring 20 points last season, inspite of teams keying on him. He would be an excellent pick up for you guys, he is definitely a BE quality starter on a top half team.

Reaction Score
Yeah Dingle isn't your typical Ivy league player. I got to see him play a lot in the Big 5 and just in general being from Philly. He can fill it up, he can be a bit streaky though. I believe he had a streak of 20+ games of scoring 20 points last season, inspite of teams keying on him. He would be an excellent pick up for you guys, he is definitely a BE quality starter on a top half team.
I think you're straining the definition of "streaky" a little bit there.

Reaction Score
Dingle is a volume 3-point shooter, but not necessarily a great one, Great finisher at the rim for his size. though. His ratio of 3/rim/mid-range and how often they are pull-ups vs. assisted is a bit similar to Souley Boum.

4.8 PRPG! coming from a good mid-major league projects him as a borderline all-conference Big East player in my crude model, expected impact around the level of this past year's Colby Jones (but with Souley Boum upside if his shooting improves).

Reaction Score

Penn guard Jordan Dingle enters transfer portal, has Calipari connection​

I have not read the article yet, but I am assuming the last name Dingle means he is the son of Dana Dingle who used to play at UMass in the mid 90s for Calipari.

Edit: 3 minutes later; I was correct :)

Reaction Score
Dingle is a volume 3-point shooter, but not necessarily a great one, Great finisher at the rim for his size. though. His ratio of 3/rim/mid-range and how often they are pull-ups vs. assisted is a bit similar to Souley Boum.

4.8 PRPG! coming from a good mid-major league projects him as a borderline all-conference Big East player in my crude model, expected impact around the level of this past year's Colby Jones (but with Souley Boum upside if his shooting improves).
As we saw with some of the guys this year, if you take a guy like newton who was a high volume very low efficiency guy and you put that player on a loaded team they can reduce their volume and up their efficiency in a big way. If we were to somehow get this kid, I bet he shoots in the upper 38%ish range on 3s when playing in a system with spacing where the other team isnt loading up on just him

Reaction Score
I originally posted this in the wrong thread:

I've had the joy of watching Dingle play live last year when Penn visited Iona. Penn stunk that game, lost 78-50, but Dingle scored 16 points with 8-9 on the line (he was 0-7 from three), but I loved his tenacity and ability to break down the defense. He didn't look like a typical Ivy player.

Good size for a CG too at 6'3 195...and he does enough on offense to fit in either as a 1 or 2, depending on his teammates...love his versatility.

Last year, Dingle averaged 23.4p, 3.6r, 2.3a, 2.9 TO, 55.5 2p%, 2.8 3PM, 35.6 3p%, 6.0 FTA and 85.6 FT%.

A lot of his numbers are within national ranks:

Screen Shot 2023-04-28 at 9.50.09 AM.png

Excellent player and great kid.

Sign me up. Would be an excellent fit irregardless whether Newton returns or not.
I Guess If You Say So GIF

Reaction Score
Should also mention his Dad Dana, aside from playing under Cal at UMass, is also the director of the New Heights (NY) Lightning AAU team. We are currently (and have previously recruited) a bunch of kids from there.

Singare is most notable recent recruit from them. Currently on Meleek Thomas and Jakhi Howard, maybe Badara Diakite.

But we've been in on and missed a bunch of them, too (Pettiford, Armstrong, Akil Watson, Big Cliff, etc.)

Reaction Score
As we saw with some of the guys this year, if you take a guy like newton who was a high volume very low efficiency guy and you put that player on a loaded team they can reduce their volume and up their efficiency in a big way. If we were to somehow get this kid, I bet he shoots in the upper 38%ish range on 3s when playing in a system with spacing where the other team isnt loading up on just him

Not really relevant to the discourse so I apologize for nitpicking but Newton did not improve his efficiency in a big way. Probably decreased if anything. But I agree with the premise and assume that is a fairly regular situation.

Reaction Score

What's the PORPAGATU! looking like?

Reaction Score
What's the PORPAGATU! looking like?
It's right there! Abbreviated! 4.8!

But a transfer from a mid major league to a high major league loses 0.8 PRPG! the year after transferring on average. And further, transfers from the high PRPG! ranges as seniors lose more like 1.4 on average, so probably closer to 3.4. Sample size is only 21. 3.4 PRPG! is still Caleb Daniels/Trey Alexander quality.

Reaction Score
Arterio Thomas to Kansas. Wonder what Mr Timberlake thinks of that? Slide over to the 3? Not that familiar with Kansas roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom