Transfer Portal (2022-2023) | Page 15 | The Boneyard

Transfer Portal (2022-2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I wonder if anyone has done a follow up study to see how these transfers workout from a player perspective........I'd like to know what percentage of players who transfer believe it was a worthwhile decision........I'm thinking it's a 50/50 toss up but that's strictly a guess.....
I think historically it has probably been better than 50/50 as a lot of players transferred from bad situations or down in competition to increase play time. Not sure about the current rush out the doors - there is some advantage to making it a little hard to transfer in forcing people to try and make it work.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
I wonder if anyone has done a follow up study to see how these transfers workout from a player perspective........I'd like to know what percentage of players who transfer believe it was a worthwhile decision........I'm thinking it's a 50/50 toss up but that's strictly a guess.....
I bet vast majority are glad they made the jump.
From my experience, when people leave one place of employment for another, they're almost always glad they made the transition even if it doesn't work out exactly how they anticipated. They took control of their own destiny and are glad they took a risk. I'd imagine transfers have a similar mindset and experience. If they're unhappy enough to choose to transfer, they're likely glad they made the jump on their own terms even if the grass isn't always greener.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I can't keep track of anything anymore. Dru Gylten from Utah is a RS Senior, I thought this was her last year of eligibility, but apparently she has one more and has put her name in the portal. Says she wants to play closer to home (South Dakota). So...Coyotes and Jackrabbits vying for her services?

Something weird going on at Utah. All the veterans are leaving. Maxwell, Martin and Gylten are all transferring out.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
I don't think Parrish looked too hard at Notre Dame the first time around but if she wants to be close to home...

I do recall Notre Dame being one of Watson's finalists.

Reaction Score
Exactly. Get the job done Niele. I can’t see Parrish going to Indiana. ND is going to be way better than them.

Reaction Score
Sabally declares for the draft. Parrish and Watson rumored to be in the portal. Waiting for the shoe to drop from Maddie Scherr. That would leave only Paopao from that #1 class (Dugalic left last year). Incoming freshman with opportunity…not a bad thing. Shakeup was needed.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Sabally declares for the draft. Parrish and Watson rumored to be in the portal. Waiting for the shoe to drop from Maddie Scherr. That would leave only Paopao from that #1 class (Dugalic left last year). Incoming freshman with opportunity…not a bad thing.
Any word on Prince?

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Any word on Prince?
Prince has announced she will return. Unless something changes I see Rogers, Paopao, and Prince as core vets. Add Kyei as a coming force. Add in some players who can actually shoot the ball from current bench or incoming class. Portal? Maybe one or two
Projected roster is 13 counting Scherr.

Reaction Score
Probably preparing to file another lawsuit! :p
The Kid Mero Lol GIF by Desus & Mero

The game is cold

Reaction Score
Doesn’t surprise me with Watson and Parrish. They are far away from home. Wouldn’t be surprised to see Maddie Scherr next. She is from Kentucky I believe.
Scherr is “practically married” (best friend’s words) to a football player who left Oregon mid year and is now at Florida State. Maddie is best friends with departing teammates Parrish and Watson. So odds are…

Reaction Score
Georgia Woolley - MAC Freshman of the Year out of Buffalo in the Portal per Raoul.

She's a Power 5 player IMO. Maybe part of the start of the rebuild at Cuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom