Transfer Portal (2022-2023) | Page 13 | The Boneyard

Transfer Portal (2022-2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Amiyah Blackwell Missouri. Double figure average in rebounds and points listed as 6-0 guard. Excellent all purpose player. # 2 nationally in rebounds!

Reaction Score
She would be a nice piece, but I want Blackwell damnit!
LSU could probably use her defense but she is talented and has upside. The defense was a train wreck of epic proportions this past season. They were among the 10 worst teams in D1 for 3 point defense out of like 350 teams. It was ridiculous... but the entire team played in a zone the last 4 years and never looked comfortable playing man to man defense. They didn't have much grasp in terms of switching and providing help side defense.

Reaction Score
I agree about Elzy. I wonder if it's a case of issues with the inherited players...and she and the Kentucky program will thrive once she gets her own players on the bench.
I don’t think she will. Without Howard and Edwards she’s sunk. Look at how bad they were until EDWARDS came back. She looked like a horrible coach without her

Reaction Score
I don’t think she will. Without Howard and Edwards she’s sunk. Look at how bad they were until EDWARDS came back. She looked like a horrible coach without her
Well I thought maybe Kentucky could be like A&M post Carter (not so much me ball) but with Hunt/Edwards/Massengill all bolting, I think Kentucky is in a horrible spot next year (similar to Georgia and Missouri)

Granted they can go out and try to use the portal but no Edwards is going to be tough to overcome. Walker was a very nice surprise this year but they will need much much more than her next year in order to be competitive.

Reaction Score
Pretty sure the rule is ...
If you transferred prior to the 'one free transfer' rule was instituted and had to sit out, then you still get a 'free transfer' automatically.
If you transferred last year and got your transfer, and then you transfer again, you don't get no second free transfer. (Unless you transfer to ND, and then the guy upstairs forgives you and you can play right away. :rolleyes:)

Not sure they have said anything about Grad xfers one way or another, and not sure if you got a waiver on your first transfer if you get the second one free as well.
And I thought if the coach leaves you can immediately transfer even if you already transferred once.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
And I thought if the coach leaves you can immediately transfer even if you already transferred once.
There is no rule/exception regarding coaches departing. NCAA transfer rules, waiver requests, and immediate eligibility all still apply regardless of the reason (coaching change) for wanting to transfer.

For new incoming players (like Janiah Barker), a school is very likely to release them from their signed LOI as more of good-will gesture; they are not obligated to do so, though.

Last edited:

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Pretty sure the rule is ...
If you transferred prior to the 'one free transfer' rule was instituted and had to sit out, then you still get a 'free transfer' automatically.
If you transferred last year and got your transfer, and then you transfer again, you don't get no second free transfer. (Unless you transfer to ND, and then the guy upstairs forgives you and you can play right away. :rolleyes:)

Not sure they have said anything about Grad xfers one way or another, and not sure if you got a waiver on your first transfer if you get the second one free as well.
A grad-transfer who already transferred once before as an undergrad and received immediate eligibility will be required to submit a waiver for immediate eligibility as a grad-transfer at their new (third) school. I believe this was the case with Texas Tech's, Vivian Gray.

In other sports (like softball), i have yet to see a grad-transfer be denied a waiver request for immediate eligibility in the scenario above.

Reaction Score
Amiyah Blackwell Missouri. Double figure average in rebounds and points listed as 6-0 guard. Excellent all purpose player. # 2 nationally in rebounds!
Only three places I really don’t want to see her go to are MD SC UConn. I’d like to see her go to a team that’s not always at the top.

Last edited:

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Only three places I really don’t want to see her go to are MD SC UConn. I’d like to see her go to a team that’s not always at the top. Add Stanford and throw in Oregon for good measure.
I have no idea what she'll be looking for in a school this time around. Don't recall who else she visited officially while in high school. I get the feeling she won't venture too far from home. Probably stay in the SEC, or maybe Oklahoma. I'd love for her to land at Texas as we have a need for more production at W/SF, especially after just having missed out on Rickea Jackson.

Last edited:

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Nope - but you might get a waiver, but there is a procedure your new/old schools have to go through.

It is interesting how many second transfers are pending and I wonder if the players are actually aware of the sit-out. And also interesting that the NCAA hasn't given any clarity on grad transfers which used to be 'free'.

Reaction Score
Only three places I really don’t want to see her go to are MD SC UConn. I’d like to see her go to a team that’s not always at the top. Add Stanford and throw in Oregon for good measure.

Take a look at Stanford's bench next game. They have 17 players on the current roster. Anna Wilson and the Hull sisters are leaving but three top recruits are coming in. Is this the new normal?
Oregon has 13 on current roster with two leaving (Sabally and Dufficy). Incoming class is four for a total of 15 next year without any outgoing transfers.
I infer from this that neither Stanford nor Oregon will be active bringing in any players from the portal unless there is a significant outflow that we haven't seen yet.

Reaction Score
I have no idea what she'll be looking for in a school this time around. Don't recall who else she visited officially while in high school. I get the feeling she won't venture too far from home. Probably stay in the SEC, or maybe Oklahoma. I'd love for her to land at Texas as we have a need for more production at W/SF, especially after just having missed out on Rickea Jackson.
Look out for Louisville and LSU. Engstler is leave and that would be a good replacement for her.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Look out for Louisville and LSU. Engstler is leave and that would be a good replacement for her.
Kim has a history of taking players that have had some issues at their previous school. Bernice Mosby comes to mind, and of course, Alexis Morris this second time around.

Reaction Score
Kim has a history of taking players that have had some issues at their previous school. Bernice Mosby comes to mind, and of course, Alexis Morris this second time around.
Kim has done well with transfers. But she doesn't tolerate any drama and has shown she will suspend or give the player the boot if they don't follow the rules.Cooper comes to mind as well, she was an issue at her previous programs but seemed to fit in well at Baylor.

Morris has grown up a lot since her first stop at Baylor. Basketball aside, her story is a great example to many, she has matured a lot has been out in the community doing a lot of service work.

The issue Kim is working with right now is getting a big transfer when certain players may want to compete for a title right away. She is in the middle of rebuilding a program and that hurts. While she was at Baylor, much easier sell to compete for a title right away.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Kim has done well with transfers. But she doesn't tolerate any drama and has shown she will suspend or give the player the boot if they don't follow the rules.

Cooper comes to mind as well, she was an issue at her previous programs but seemed to fit in well at Baylor.

Morris has grown up a lot since her first stop at Baylor. Basketball aside, her story is a great example to many, she has matured a lot has been out in the community doing a lot of service work.
I am definitely someone who believes in second chances. But, giving a transfer with known issues a second chance for sure comes with risks.

Reaction Score
I am definitely someone who believes in second chances. But, giving a transfer with known issues a second chance for sure comes with risks.
For sure... it depends on what the issue is though obviously.

Morris I was a little bit surprised let back on but its been a good experience so far and a positive for everyone involved.

Reaction Score
For sure... it depends on what the issue is though obviously.

Morris I was a little bit surprised let back on but its been a good experience so far and a positive for everyone involved.
Yeah I followed Morris from Baylor to Rutger to A&M to us. Her biggest growth spurt came recently. Something about Kim and her always seemed to connect. When she first left Baylor. She seemed a little bitter. But as time went by. Her and Kim seemed to worked things out.

Reaction Score
Take a look at Stanford's bench next game. They have 17 players on the current roster. Anna Wilson and the Hull sisters are leaving but three top recruits are coming in. Is this the new normal?
Oregon has 13 on current roster with two leaving (Sabally and Dufficy). Incoming class is four for a total of 15 next year without any outgoing transfers.
I infer from this that neither Stanford nor Oregon will be active bringing in any players from the portal unless there is a significant outflow that we haven't seen yet.
I think it is. L’ville has loaded up with a full roster for several years. Used to be frowned upon in WBB. Walz has managed to hold off the transfer out bug really well. Those who transfer like Balogun were addition by subtraction or players moving to smaller schools for playing time like Lindsey Duvall. Very good buy in for several years now. You’d think it would be very difficult not to lose good reserves who aren’t getting more time but Walz has done it pretty well. We’ll see what happens in the next months

Last edited:

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I believe Blackwell chose Missouri over Kansas and Louisville.

Reaction Score
I believe Blackwell chose Missouri over Kansas and Louisville.
Nice. I didn’t know L’ville was that close with her. She’s the missing piece for them next year. They need to replace Engstler. I’m confused with roster spots availability but they’d make room

Reaction Score
Has Sabally officially announced she's not returning to Oregon? I thought that was still undecided, or that's the impression I got from the recent ESPN mock draft article.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom