Transfer Portal (2022-2023) | Page 14 | The Boneyard

Transfer Portal (2022-2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
There is no rule/exception regarding coaches departing. NCAA transfer rules, waiver requests, and immediate eligibility all still apply regardless of the reason (coaching change) for wanting to transfer.

For new incoming players (like Janiah Barker), a school is very likely to release them from their signed LOI as more of good-will gesture; they are not obligated to do so, though.
Thx, i didn't realize that. I know that when LSU just fired Will Wade, at least one player put his name in portal who has already used up his one free transfer; so I was assuming he's gonna be able to play immediately.

Reaction Score
Nope - but you might get a waiver, but there is a procedure your new/old schools have to go through.

It is interesting how many second transfers are pending and I wonder if the players are actually aware of the sit-out. And also interesting that the NCAA hasn't given any clarity on grad transfers which used to be 'free'.
Thx, I didn't realize that. I thought it was automatic.

Reaction Score
Sabally has not formally announced, it‘s true. But she did go through a Senior Day ceremony. And the speculation is pretty strong that she will be leaving. She has good opportunities in Europe as well as the WNBA.

Reaction Score
Sabally has not formally announced, it‘s true. But she did go through a Senior Day ceremony. And the speculation is pretty strong that she will be leaving. She has good opportunities in Europe as well as the WNBA.
Appreciate the clarification. Didn't know she participated in Senior Day.

Something official has to be announced soon though correct? The draft isn't too far away.

Reaction Score

I didn't watch a lot of Ohio State games this season so no idea what happened here. Last season, she's part of the All Freshman team, now she's in the portal. It seemed OSU was looking at her being a large contributor to the team when she committed.

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I didn't watch a lot of Ohio State games this season so no idea what happened here. Last season, she's part of the All Freshman team, now she's in the portal. It seemed OSU was looking at her being a large contributor to the team when she committed.
She had an injury that took her out for an extended period of time and then Rikki Harris really started to shine on Defense and freshmen Taylor Thierry showed she was a work horse and they all had good chemistry so Poole fell down the depth chart. She came into the season in much better shape but I think she's more of a PG in her mind than off guard but with Sheldon thriving and Greene returning next season, maybe she saw the writing?

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Appreciate the clarification. Didn't know she participated in Senior Day.

Something official has to be announced soon though correct? The draft isn't too far away.
The 2022 WNBA draft will be on April 11, so players still have time to declare.

From Wikipedia:
WNBA prospects must notify the league office no later than 10 days before the draft, and must renounce any remaining college eligibility to enter the draft. However, because postseason national tournaments (most notably the NCAA Division I tournament) are still ongoing during the 10 days prior to the draft, certain players who would otherwise be eligible to declare cannot do so before the standard deadline. A prospect whose team is still playing during the 10-day window must make her declaration within the 24 hours following her team's final game of the season, but no less than 3 hours before the scheduled start of the draft. The 3-hour period is a historic artifact that stems from the former scheduling of the WNBA draft; from 2006 to 2008, it was held in the city of the women's Final Four on the day after the championship game. Despite media commentary that argued that players involved in the NCAA tournament needed more time to make draft decisions,[10] the most recent WNBA CBA, agreed to in 2020, did not change any draft eligibility rules.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Does Kentucky have any players left?
They had (have?) a really good freshman (Jada Walker) whose name I haven't yet heard in a portal announcement.

Reaction Score
I was wondering if she was going to transfer. Double O has some skills on the offensive side of the ball and rebounding. But she averages 5 fouls per 10 minutes of play.

her field goal % has gotten worse every year. When you are a 4th year junior, 6 ft 4 in tall and only make 39 pct of shots that is not offensive skills. She only made 47 pct of her free throws, that is not offensively skilled. Maybe she is good on defense but offense I will not say that

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score

Well there's a head scratcher. Figured she would follow her coach to A&M. Why go to Bama? I guess she didn't enjoy playing in the Tourney?

Reaction Score
Well there's a head scratcher. Figured she would follow her coach to A&M. Why go to Bama? I guess she didn't enjoy playing in the Tourney?
She is from Alabama, had family members go to school there. Pretty sure she grew up a Alabama fan, but had a great relationship with Joni so she committed there originally.

Reaction Score
Her dad Jay Barker played quarterback for Alabama and lead the team to a national championship in the 1993 Sugar Bowl. One brother plays quarterback for Alabama and another playing for UAB. I’m sure she is very comfortable at the school and area.

Reaction Score

napoleon-dynamite.gif

Reaction Score
I wonder if anyone has done a follow up study to see how these transfers workout from a player perspective........I'd like to know what percentage of players who transfer believe it was a worthwhile decision........I'm thinking it's a 50/50 toss up but that's strictly a guess.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom