Transfer Portal (2022-2023) | Page 12 | The Boneyard

Transfer Portal (2022-2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
I don't even know what this means. She signed an LOI with Georgia last November; she is bound by that letter until they release her from it. But, she's "decommitted" from Georgia now, but has not re-opened her recruitment? Dang.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
It’s interesting reading all these comments about the transfers and a lot of the blame seems to go towards the coach. 2 of these high profile transfers were suspended multiple games this last season and not to mention 1 that just found a new home was suspended as well. These coaches are trying to create a culture and sometimes student athletes don’t want to fall in line which can also make for a higher transfer rate. Bottom line it’s not always the coach just like it’s not always the player.

Reaction Score
I don't even know what this means. She signed an LOI with Georgia last November; she is bound by that letter until they release her from it. But, she's "decommitted" from Georgia now, but has not re-opened her recruitment? Dang.

Or it could mean she is waiting to see who the new Georgia coach is before making any rash decisions. It sounds like she is reevaluating everything now that Joni is gone but wants to see who the new hires is before going through with her final decision.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score

'Decommitting' doesn't really have any meaning in NCAA parlance - because she signed an LOI, the procedure the NCAA sets in place must be followed and I am pretty sure it will take a few days before she can freely talk to any coaches or schools other than Georgia.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
'Decommitting' doesn't really have any meaning in NCAA parlance - because she signed an LOI, the procedure the NCAA sets in place must be followed and I am pretty sure it will take a few days before she can freely talk to any coaches or schools other than Georgia.
Which is why I posted a few times yesterday that she really can't "decommit" after she signed an LOI. Sounds like all she's doing right now is evaluating her options. Until she gets her release from Georgia, she's still a Georgia signee.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Another bunch ...

Arizona has had a revolving door w/ international recruits.

Vonleh looked great early, but didn't get consistent minutes.

I kept wondering how Love put up such good numbers at Vandy. She provided just short of nothing for Arizona. Copeland from Alabama regressed a ton as well. I guess SEC style doesn't really work in the Pac 12 maybe?

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Arizona has had a revolving door w/ international recruits.

Vonleh looked great early, but didn't get consistent minutes.

I kept wondering how Love put up such good numbers at Vandy. She provided just short of nothing for Arizona. Copeland from Alabama regressed a ton as well. I guess SEC style doesn't really work in the Pac 12 maybe?
Just points to lots of players having little self awareness when being recruited either out of HS or from the transfer portal. I don't think it is necessarily conference fit so much as coaching fit.

Reaction Score
I agree with you on these thoughts..... Of course LV fans believe she is the Holy Grail.... but why hasn't the program been able to advance in the tournament in the last dozen years? UT has attracted some primo players.... including #1 recruits in entire country (Mercedes Russell, Diamond DeShields e.g.) She needs coach who can light fire under her.... Too many times I see the LVs play passive basketball.
Vols rarely play good basketball. I am thankful though I will never waste another minute watching a Holly Warlick led team. Emotional damage!
Holly was a master at post game sit downs though. The wisdom dropped was always on point. Every word had a purpose.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Jacorriah Bracey leaving Ole Miss, as well. That’s 3 members of the Rebels’ 2020 recruiting class who have all left (McGee is in the portal, and Sorrentino left earlier this year for Lipscomb, I think).

Collins and Scott remain.

Reaction Score
In his initial press conference the new men’s basketball coach for Mississippi State talked about building teams each season versus a program where you had an idea each season of what to reasonably expect. With the new transfer rules I can see the point.
I have no idea what to make of Sam Purcell. Going to be interesting. He’s a Walz grad like
Cam Newbauer, Belmont, Florida,
Michelle Clark-Heard WKY, Cinn Samantha Williams E. KY

Last edited:
Reaction Score
What are the rules when a player transfers more than once. Massengill, Love and Edwards, among others, have all transferred more than once and Edwards sat out a year. Do they now have to sit out a year because of a second transfer?

Reaction Score

She would be a nice pickup for someone. Talented youngster with a lot of upside.

There are over 700 D1 players in the portal and counting....

2rxoxu.jpg

Reaction Score
She would be a nice pickup for someone. Talented youngster with a lot of upside.

There are over 700 D1 players in the portal and counting....

2rxoxu.jpg
I’m hoping see J Hollingshead from UGA in the portal and then in Starkville. I also agree on R Richardson.

Reaction Score
Sure this has been discussed already, but I really would like to know what goes into the process of a transfer. Do you recruit the schools or does the school recruit you? Are the players walking on or are programs reserving scholarship money just for transfers? These kids have to, have an idea of who's interested before taking a leap of faith and leaving a scholarship situation.
MOST OF Today athletes transfer to different AAU teams so maybe this is something they see as the norm.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
What are the rules when a player transfers more than once. Massengill, Love and Edwards, among others, have all transferred more than once and Edwards sat out a year. Do they now have to sit out a year because of a second transfer?
Pretty sure the rule is ...
If you transferred prior to the 'one free transfer' rule was instituted and had to sit out, then you still get a 'free transfer' automatically.
If you transferred last year and got your transfer, and then you transfer again, you don't get no second free transfer. (Unless you transfer to ND, and then the guy upstairs forgives you and you can play right away. :rolleyes:)

Not sure they have said anything about Grad xfers one way or another, and not sure if you got a waiver on your first transfer if you get the second one free as well.

Reaction Score
Vols rarely play good basketball. I am thankful though I will never waste another minute watching a Holly Warlick led team. Emotional damage!
Oh wow Holly was terrible I think the LVs will fare much better with Coach Harper..... but many games i do not see them playing inspired ball.... and that is worrisome.... Hope Jackson can give them a lift

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Elzy comes across as kind and passionate in press conferences, so it's tough to imagine it's her, but then again something is clearly amiss here.
I agree about Elzy. I wonder if it's a case of issues with the inherited players...and she and the Kentucky program will thrive once she gets her own players on the bench.

Reaction Score
Jacorriah Bracey leaving Ole Miss, as well. That’s 3 members of the Rebels’ 2020 recruiting class who have all left (McGee is in the portal, and Sorrentino left earlier this year for Lipscomb, I think).

Collins and Scott remain.
Bracey rarely got off the bench for Coach Yo. She had a decent number of offers in high school but wound up with no playing time. Meanwhile, Collins was a starter and a decent scorer/shooter for the team.

I will be curioius how things go at Ole Miss with Austin leaving and if they keep up the momentum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Baller29

Top Bottom