Traci Carter (Committed to Marquette) | Page 17 | The Boneyard

Traci Carter (Committed to Marquette)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
We just need to get him here - show him the trophies, show him the Google map that says the parents can visit without an airplane, show him the practice building, the Patoni tiles at Gampel, etc.

Big hurdle cleared today.
Can we show him the NBA paychecks of the last two 6-foot-0 PGs at UConn as well?

Reaction Score
Nobody should be saying they'd rather have this guy or that guy. We need a point and a wing. We are going after both with the intention of getting both. No need to play favorites, they are all favorites.

Reaction Score
You guys are sure he can handle the press because if he can't help Jalen then it will be RP, Omar, SamJr and TSam?

Hey we need good players no matter where they play, upgrades for sure or solid depth. But if we can't make good decisions, break a press or start the offense closer than half court we're screwed.

Everyone keeps saying we need a ball handler, which we do since we need a lot of things. A far more pressing need is an athletic two who can slash to the hoop, hit an open jump shot, and score points. That was non-existent this year(our most effective lineup was Purvis at the 3 and DHam at the 4). If Brown is good, which I think he is, he will open things up for everyone one on the floor. Carter will provide added depth, but I am not even sure he will avg. more playing time than TSam or even Cassell. This roster is limited. We saw what happens when teams double Boat. Can you imagine if next year they double DHam? We won't score 45 points!

Reaction Score
"Get CARTER!"

I saw this on TV several times this weekend. Looks like the state of Connecticut is all in on this guy and knows the importance of UCONN securing his commitment for 2015-16.

Reaction Score
I rather wait to the late spring when a coaches get fired or move to a better job. There are always kids getting out of ships .. carter is slightly better then sam. We need better talent.

Reaction Score
I rather wait to the late spring when a coaches get fired or move to a better job. There are always kids getting out of ships .. carter is slightly better then sam. We need better talent.
Carter would be a good get. I'm fine with him but would rather not reach for the other 2 smaller guys we have been linked with. Have to secure 4 start recruit when you get the chance. Waiting is foolish.

He has more PG skills than TSAM already so that is an improvement for that position. We probably aren't going to find this miracle last second recruit so lets build with the best players we can get with out reaching too much.

Reaction Score
Carter would be a good get. I'm fine with him but would rather not reach for the other 2 smaller guys we have been linked with. Have to secure 4 start recruit when you get the chance. Waiting is foolish.

He has more PG skills than TSAM already so that is an improvement for that position. We probably aren't going to find this miracle last second recruit so lets build with the best players we can get with out reaching too much.

I hope I am wrong with him on par with sam

Curiouser
Reaction Score
We need brown more.
I hope I am wrong with him on par with sam
You're out of order. You need to wait until we get him until you throw him under the bus. And if we don't get him, you need to elevate your assessment and throw our staff under the bus for missing on him and getting some other scrub instead.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Just because Carter isn't Kemba/Shabazz/Boat (not including Adams here as he hasn't yet stepped onto the court in a Husky uniform yet - the anointment can wait) doesn't mean he isn't talented or not worthy of playing for us. We have been spoiled rotten with unbelievably gifted PGs as of late, so much that I feel like the standard has been warped. Carter is a 4-star player who should be able to provide solid minutes off the bench, and develop into a starter for us after a year or two. And you know what? There's absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Agreed completely. He has more PG skills already and would hopefully improve during his time here. That is the major problem with TS, he has not shown much improvement in his time at UConn. Between his lack or dribbling/shooting ability one would think he would make progress in 1 of the 2.

Reaction Score
I was wrong I was wrong. He will be amazing. ....I was wrong

Reaction Score
That's a dangerous game to play. Turn down a top-100 recruit to see if any others become available after the coaching carousel? We aren't really in the position to be doing that. Carter seems to be a pretty good player that fills an immediate need for next years team.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I was wrong I was wrong. He will be amazing. ....I was wrong

Nobody said he would be amazing. At least I don't think so -- I may have missed it. Nevertheless, I'm fairly confident he won't be a dud.

Reaction Score
An "advisor" to Traci Carter that posts on the Temple scout board from time to time is saying Traci is going to announce this coming Wednesday. If that is the case, looks like Marquette...

Reaction Score
Nobody said he would be amazing. At least I don't think so -- I may have missed it. Nevertheless, I'm fairly confident he won't be a dud.

I was being dramatic.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Everyone keeps saying we need a ball handler, which we do since we need a lot of things. A far more pressing need is an athletic two who can slash to the hoop, hit an open jump shot, and score points. That was non-existent this year(our most effective lineup was Purvis at the 3 and DHam at the 4). If Brown is good, which I think he is, he will open things up for everyone one on the floor. Carter will provide added depth, but I am not even sure he will avg. more playing time than TSam or even Cassell. This roster is limited. We saw what happens when teams double Boat. Can you imagine if next year they double DHam? We won't score 45 points!
Carter as the PG and JA as the SG with Purvis and DHam gives you what you want. JA is a great creator who in the one game I saw loves to be the combo guard.

I think Carter is the best of who is left to run the pg position. I'm hoping we get him. My track record hasn't been great the past two seasons other than Jalen.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
An "advisor" to Traci Carter that posts on the Temple scout board from time to time is saying Traci is going to announce this coming Wednesday. If that is the case, looks like Marquette...
I wish I read this a bit earlier. Of course it isn't over to @Zionn says next!!!

Reaction Score
No one else reporting this. Surprised Zagoria wouldn't report it. Maybe not true...

Reaction Score
Not saying he won't end up at Marquette, but what reason would his adviser have for spending so much time on a Temple message board?

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
No one else reporting this. Surprised Zagoria wouldn't report it. Maybe not true...
PROBABLY not true - it's a fan board, after all.

That said, there was a VCU insider who knew about Mack a week before anybody else did, so things can happen. I guess we'll have to wait until Wednesday and see.

Reaction Score
Not saying he won't end up at Marquette, but what reason would his adviser have for spending so much time on a Temple message board?

The guy has a "hard-on" for Temple. He loves Saint Joe's but runs a academic advising company that helps get kids qualified for college. Sounds real upstanding right....But, on the side though he publishes a recruiting book for coaches with social media info for all his tutored kids. He then sells this to college coaches. You know, "I've got to get mine" thing. Anyway, he comes to the Temple board to say if Temple is recruiting these kids etc. In Carter's case Temple never offered but he still came over to brag that Carter was getting other offers.

He always comes over to the Temple board calling these kids his "young bucks" etc...just basically bragging. Butttttttttt, he has better info than Zagsblog does. If the "adviser" is on Temple's board saying Carter is deciding on Wednesday, he probably heard it from someone in the Carter camp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom