Traci Carter (Committed to Marquette) | The Boneyard

Traci Carter (Committed to Marquette)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Apparently, we've offered him:

Adam Zagoria ‏@AdamZagoria
Since his strong play this wknd, 2015 PG @tra_carter added an offer from Xavier & UConn,N.C. State and UVA will see him again. Story coming.

From TOS:
If there was any question about whether or not Traci Carter would make an appearance in the final Rivals150 for the class of 2015, he locked it up on Sunday. The six-footer at Burlington (N.J.) Life Center was marvelous on both ends of the floor in their win over Orangeville. A relentless on the ball defender, Carter hounds opponents all over the floor. On the offensive end, he likes to shoot pull-up jumpers and he will attack the rim with abandon. He's probably not ever going to be a high percentage shooter but he plays with an energy that teammates feed off of. He had 18 points, 10 assists, seven rebounds and four steals. Carter says he currently has interest from Louisville, Indiana, Boston College, Creighton, Temple, Indiana, LaSalle, Seton Hall and DePaul and that he felt like all but the Cardinals and Hoosiers have offered.
--------------------------------------

Reaction Score
Malik Ellison would be "Never Nervous's" kid and if he's not going to Louisville, I would question how good he actually is:

After scoring 28 points for Voorhees (N.J.) Life Center Academyin a 64-50 win over Orangeville Prep at the Hoop Hall Classic, Malik Ellison listed six schools he is considering.

Ranked No. 87 in the Top 247 and No. 176 in the 247Sports Composite, Ellison scored his 28 points on 11-25 shooting. He also had three rebounds, four steals and five turnovers.

The 6-6, 192-pound shooting guard, who is the son of former Louisville star Pervis Ellison, listed Minnesota, Temple, Maryland, Indiana, Georgetown and Creighton. All have offered except for Georgetown and Indiana.

Minnesota, who was the first school he named, recently hosted Ellison on an official visit. He said the visit went great, but he is still planning to take more visits. Whom and when he will visit hasn't been determined yet.

The Gophers have a slight edge over Maryland in his Crystal Ball.

Silk31

CA$$$HHHHH
Reaction Score
Adam Zagoria @AdamZagoria · 17m17 minutes ago
Pervis Ellison on UConn: "They decided that they need a point guard bad."

Adams can play off the ball as well so adding another true PG into the mix would be a welcome sign. I mean have you seen us try to break these presses?

Reaction Score
olywould neglect to study for his finals in basketball 101 player procurement so now we see desperate, last minute cramming for the final exam

too bad; that methodology is mythology that never ends well; let alone a passing grade in a non pass/fail elective

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Carter seems like a solid player though not an impact freshman unless he hits his 3s consistently.

Ellington can kick rocks if he thinks he knows what Ollie is really thinking.

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
From TOS:
If there was any question about whether or not Traci Carter would make an appearance in the final Rivals150 for the class of 2015, he locked it up on Sunday. The six-footer at Burlington (N.J.) Life Center was marvelous on both ends of the floor in their win over Orangeville. A relentless on the ball defender, Carter hounds opponents all over the floor. On the offensive end, he likes to shoot pull-up jumpers and he will attack the rim with abandon. He's probably not ever going to be a high percentage shooter but he plays with an energy that teammates feed off of. He had 18 points, 10 assists, seven rebounds and four steals. Carter says he currently has interest from Louisville, Indiana, Boston College, Creighton, Temple, Indiana, LaSalle, Seton Hall and DePaul and that he felt like all but the Cardinals and Hoosiers have offered.

That description sounds like something you could describe Boat as.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Carter seems like a solid player though not an impact freshman unless he hits his 3s consistently.

Ellington can kick rocks if he thinks he knows what Ollie is really thinking.
You don't have to a genius to figure out we need a PG REALLY, REALLY bad next year. I think its pretty safe to assume that is what KO is thinking.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
The important thing is whether he can keep the ball from bouncing of his foot as he dribbles unmolested up the court.

Reaction Score
Adam Zagoria @AdamZagoria · 17m17 minutes ago
Pervis Ellison on UConn: "They decided that they need a point guard bad."

Adams can play off the ball as well so adding another true PG into the mix would be a welcome sign. I mean have you seen us try to break these presses?

AHEHM ... seems a certain fishy guy took shots at me when I suggested this on November 10th.

Reaction Score
The important thing is whether he can keep the ball from bouncing of his foot as he dribbles unmolested up the court.

Just as long as he can stay away from that Chap fella he shouldn't have to worry about being molested!

Reaction Score
Don't really see pg as a serious position of need . I mean Adams comes in and can start there, then you have Samuel and Cassell as back up options. where carter gets tick in that rotation idk . Would perfer a shooter over 6'5, not really sure any of those are left in '15

Reaction Score
Don't really see pg as a serious position of need . I mean Adams comes in and can start there, then you have Samuel and Cassell as back up options. where carter gets tick in that rotation idk . Would perfer a shooter over 6'5, not really sure any of those are left in '15
All of UConn's successful teams came with 2 PG's. From Tate & Chris, right down to Bazz & Boat. I definitely think we need another PG.

Reaction Score

Samuel has been merely adequate at the point, and Cassell has sucked out loud all over the floor. I think that coming up with as many ballhandlers as possible is the right move.

Reaction Score
Have you seen us against a press? RE: West Virginia & Florida?

I love Samuel. And I think Cassell is going to grow into a role. Neither is the on-ball gnat that I'd like; and the kid who is going to sparkle when we need to break the press to get easy hoops - a UConn tradition. A shooter? I will take one of those to. Niels Giffey clone ... please.

Reaction Score
Samuel has been merely adequate at the point, and Cassell has sucked out loud all over the floor. I think that coming up with as many ballhandlers as possible is the right move.
Neither one of those guys scare you off the dribble.

Reaction Score
I think you're probably in the minority there. What happens if Adams is injured or in foul trouble? This team's offense has generally been a mess when Boatright is off the court because he's the only truly reliable ball-handler. I don't want a repeat of that next year.

Reaction Score
I'd say we could use another steady PG who can handle and assist. But there is also a big need for a pure shooter. And, it wouldn't hurt to add a big man who can board and provide some inside scoring. Other than that we're set.

Silk31

CA$$$HHHHH
Reaction Score
Samuel, Purvis, Hamilton & Cassell are all capable of handling the ball...at times, but that is certainly not their strong suit.

The lack of ball handling after Boat leaves would put a lot of pressure on JA to shoulder that load...adding another PG for this coming year would make sense. If we can't land a real PG prospect like a Traci Carter, I would wait it out and put the full court press on a floor general for 2015

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
olywould neglect to study for his finals in basketball 101 player procurement so now we see desperate, last minute cramming for the final exam

too bad; that methodology is mythology that never ends well; let alone a passing grade in a non pass/fail elective

Not so sure there Chap, looking back, Jimmy Calhoun did pretty well cramming for his "final exam"
Let's see:

1. We didn't study hard enough for Brandon Jennings, had to cram and ended up with a A+ in Kemba Walker
2. Didn't study hard enough to pull Brandon Knight, crammed and got an A+ in Shabazz Napier
3. Poor studying led to Jabarie Hinds going to WVU, in doing so we crammed and ended up stealing a gem from WVU in Ryan Boatright.

Although "cramming" cannot always be relied upon, recently when UConn crams, we've come out smelling like roses. So give it some time Chap, given our recent history, things may turn out to be just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom