Trace Young | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Trace Young

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
And I wished I felt like seeing who the posters were laughing at Vital even bring anything to th table for his freshman year if at all.
I rememeber the board being pumped we got Vital. We went head to head against Louisville and beat them for Christian. He was 1st team in the toughest high school leage in the country, he had a rep as a dogged competitor and a rep as a shooter. Think most on the board thought we were getting an underrated player. Whaley does not seem at all like the same thing to me but I hope he can contribute and get better.

Reaction Score
And I wished I felt like seeing who the posters were laughing at Vital even bring anything to th table for his freshman year if at all.
I don't follow recruiting but there was certainly very little buzz about him even seeing the floor as a freshman . Only after Gilbert went down did his PT increase.
Maybe 5-10 minute a game at most was the preseason prediction.

There is even one genius on the board who claims he is Awful,even after he contributions last year.
I recall the report was good get but he will probably contribute by 3-4 year.

Reaction Score
I don't follow recruiting but there was certainly very little buzz about him even seeing the floor as a freshman . Only after Gilbert went down did his PT increase.
Maybe 5-10 minute a game at most was the preseason prediction.

There is even one genius on the board who claims he is Awful,even after he contributions last year.
I recall the report was good get but he will probably contribute by 3-4 year.
He wouldn't have played much if Gilbert and Larrier didn't get hurt.

BaZZnBOAT

ONIONS!
Reaction Score
Kid seems smooth and athletic. I think he's worth grabbing, of course that's no guarantee.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Kid seems smooth and athletic. I think he's worth grabbing, of course that's no guarantee.

We've got like a hundred open scholarships. Why not, if possible? Nobody else is signing up.

Reaction Score
I rememeber the board being pumped we got Vital. We went head to head against Louisville and beat them for Christian. He was 1st team in the toughest high school leage in the country, he had a rep as a dogged competitor and a rep as a shooter. Think most on the board thought we were getting an underrated player. Whaley does not seem at all like the same thing to me but I hope he can contribute and get better.
Been in the car for a 3 hour drive so read through all the old Vital threads. Basically everyone was excited for him beyond the obvious consistent cynics (JSM and a few other accounts since deleted)

Reaction Score
It's my opinion that he is a better player and prospect than Wilson. He has a stronger body/frame, just as good if not a better overall athlete. Sidney is an awkward athlete in the way he moves whereas Young is a smooth player who fits better in the team concept. He also displays good IQ on the court and has a good looking shot from the perimeter with a quick release.

Young has positive body language as well who will have no problem doing the defensive dirty work and rebounding for the team. He is a smooth player and you can never have enough players with that type of game. Sid would have been a nice get to solidify future recruiting especially at Brewster and in New England, but he isn't a cant miss prospect.

Look at the difference yourself.

Sid Wilson SHOWS OUT in return to NYC!! Highlights vs. CBC!

Since we lost out on Sid and we have a shot at Trace, I'll go with your assessment that he'll be the better player. Now if we lost on on him I'm going to bet Dave Wingett is better than both

Reaction Score
Yes, I think if CV is comsidered key player then we have problems

Been in the car for a 3 hour drive so read through all the old Vital threads. Basically everyone was excited for him beyond the obvious consistent cynics (JSM and a few other accounts since deleted)

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
CV would be a key player on nearly every team in the country. Especially if he keeps improving at the rate he showed his freshman year.

And that is why I can't take this board seriously anymore. Of course Vital is a key player. And he should be a source of optimism going into next year for Husky Nation. Having a guard lineup with Vital, Adams, and Gilbert, with Anderson giving quality minutes, should have us salivating.

But then again, this is the Boneyard so...

pj

Reaction Score
And that is why I can't take this board seriously anymore. Of course Vital is a key player. And he should be a source of optimism going into next year for Husky Nation. Having a guard lineup with Vital, Adams, and Gilbert, with Anderson giving quality minutes, should have us salivating.

But then again, this is the Boneyard so...

I also think Diarra, Polley, and Whaley have some significant potential inside. If they can develop fast, they way Vital did last year, then with Larrier providing versatility we should have be inexperienced but talented. We'll also be a bit small, but we'll have the athleticism and high-motor players to play an attractive style that may bring fans back and get recruits interested.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I also think Diarra, Polley, and Whaley have some significant potential inside. If they can develop fast, they way Vital did last year, then with Larrier providing versatility we should have be inexperienced but talented. We'll also be a bit small, but we'll have the athleticism and high-motor players to play an attractive style that may bring fans back and get recruits interested.

If Diarra can rebound the way most think he can, along with some rebounding from Cobb and the youngsters (Polley, Carlton, Whaley), we are going to have a nice year.

There is no doubt in my mind that we are going to get loads of scoring from Adams, Larrier, Vital, and Gilbert. No doubt in my mind...

Reaction Score
If Diarra can rebound the way most think he can, along with some rebounding from Cobb and the youngsters (Polley, Carlton, Whaley), we are going to have a nice year.

There is no doubt in my mind that we are going to get loads of scoring from Adams, Larrier, Vital, and Gilbert. No doubt in my mind...
I have high hopes for Carlton. If we get production from him and Diarra we will be ok. Maybe not top 25 good, but should make the tournament without being on the bubble, good.

Reaction Score
Carlton is a little bit of a project. We have no proven big men up front and that is the reason we are going to play small. The only problem with this is we don't even have enough guys to rotate for that. We have one proven player JA and 3 unknown injured players and a bunch of low ranked players with CV. Not really instilling a great season in my mind. JA will have to score 20 plus every game to carry this team into the tournament as it stands now.

Reaction Score
I have high hopes for Carlton. If we get production from him and Diarra we will be ok. Maybe not top 25 good, but should make the tournament without being on the bubble, good.
I think there's 100 minutes for the guards, which would basically equate to running a 3 guard lineup half the time which doesn't seem too crazy. Give Larrier ~25 and work him back slowly (same with Gilbert, so a few extra minutes early for Vital/Anderson).

That leaves ~75 minutes to fill for the big guys. Penciling in Cobb for 10-15 seems like a start, I have my doubts about him playing effectively for much more than that. Carlton and Diarra getting about 15-20 each seems like a necessity. That leaves about 20 minutes between Polley and Whaley who seem a little more raw (just my guess). Gonna need someone to step up and earn some minutes.

I'm probably off on at least one player's minutes above, but I still think we need to try and find one more body. The Williams kid from SJU would help just to have another body down low for a year. My preference would be another wing who could play some minutes at the 3/4 behind Larrier but doesn't appear to be anyone out there at this point to step in right away

Reaction Score
We've got like a hundred open scholarships. Why not, if possible? Nobody else is signing up.

If he can just rebound, play D and has the right attitude sign him. He may be practice fodder now, but we need bodies badly and who knows maybe he'll develop into decent player.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Illinois State, Indy St and Troy offered. Trying to compete with those juggernauts? Please
Does that mean the kid can't contribute? Not saying the kid is Rodman BUT Who did Dennis Rodman play for?
and Larry Bird?

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Fully ambivalent on whether or not taking this kid (whom we may never end up offering) would be more beneficial than banking the scholarship.

That said, I would love to see the meltdown him committing here would cause. I'd set the over/under on posters who would tweet at the kid asking him to immediately rescind because he isn't a UConn-caliber player at 3.

Reaction Score
Fully ambivalent on whether or not taking this kid (whom we may never end up offering) would be more beneficial than banking the scholarship.

That said, I would love to see the meltdown him committing here would cause. I'd set the over/under on posters who would tweet at the kid asking him to immediately rescind because he isn't a UConn-caliber player at 3.
I'm a bigger fan of the weirdos who take hours to photoshop every recruit in a UConn jersey next to a pic of Ray or Kemba and then take the favorite as evidence of his eventual commitment.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I'm a bigger fan of the weirdos who take hours to photoshop every recruit in a UConn jersey next to a pic of Ray or Kemba and then take the favorite as evidence of his eventual commitment.

Right? I'd be shocked if other boards went as batsht crazy over minuscule details on social media. News flash: kids like being tagged in tweets because they like being showered with attention, not because they're playing games and trying to drop clues re. decisions they haven't made yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom