Tournament (Non-UConn) Thread - 2nd Round | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Tournament (Non-UConn) Thread - 2nd Round

Status
Not open for further replies.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
It's not even the quality of the commentating. His voice just grates on me. Something about the combo of his accent and the way he talks
I can see that. I will only say that’s the way the rest of the country hears Northeasterners too so I stand in solidarity with our muskrat.

Reaction Score
Yeah I'm not sure I'd be saying "I want Illinois to win so Iowa State gets tested." Illinois is the more dangerous team and I'd rather just get them out of here. Not happening though.
I mean by the time you get to the second weekend you should expect every team to be good enough to beat you on an off night. I don’t care who meets us there. Let’s just get there

Reaction Score
It's not even the quality of the commentating. His voice just grates on me. Something about the combo of his accent and the way he talks

Pete Gillen has that too (although different) - these guys definitely sound like Northeast big city high school hoop coaches.

Reaction Score
Wow, Lampmann was 42/44 from the line until this week. 0/1 yesterday and misses the first here.

NC State just ended it making their third jumper in a row.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Cmon. Brooklyn is same distance for UConn as Charlotte for UNC, and Boston is even closer. To the victor go the spoils we earned ours. UNC earned theirs for first 2 rounds. Their next 2 are in LA.
But are they sending the band?

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I can see the storyline now... NC State wins its next three to get to the NC. All along the way everyone reminds America that the only team to do what NC State is doing was UConn, which won the whole thing.

NC State has everyone's hearts and minds and DJ Burns is on the cover of Time, People, GQ and Rolling Stone. Commentators from SVP to Costas to Oprah note that It would be both historical and ironic if NC State won the NC over the only other team to have won 11 consecutive tournament games.

And then UConn wins by 30.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I can see the storyline now... NC State wins its next three to get to the NC. All along the way everyone reminds America that the only team to do what NC State is doing was UConn, which won the whole thing.

NC State has everyone's hearts and minds and DJ Burns is on the cover of Time, People, GQ and Rolling Stone. Commentators from SVP to Costas to Oprah note that It would be both historical and ironic if NC State won the NC over the only other team to have won 11 consecutive tournament games.

And then UConn wins by 30.
They won’t stay on floor with Marquette ( provided Marquette can handle Colorado, who has 2 maybe 3 pros)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom