Top 50 Recruits | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Top 50 Recruits

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
He's going to be a 5-star recruit when the rankings get refreshed.
Rankings can be wrong. The kid didn't impress me at all, and isn't deserving of a top 100 recruit in my opinion. We would be better off going after Diallo or Bragg.

Reaction Score
Unless your Kentucky. Which is what I want to see the future program under Ollie like. I don't want the Derrick Jones type. More like those super talented players who could be special in college and go on to be a HOF in the nba. But your plan A/plan B theory depends on the position for me.

Tell me how special all of those "great" UK one and done's are doing? John Wall is beginning to be a player but many have faded into oblivion………no one could want UConn to ever be UK in that regard, c'mon. As stated above we have kids who become special players as well as special people………I like it that way as do 99% of the fans………..just need to ask one question:

Who's won more titles with their approach?;)

Reaction Score
Saw him play last winter and he has no vertical leaping ability whatsoever. He will be a foul magnet at the next level and has absolutely no athleticism.

That's interesting especially since Jerry Meyer just moved Govan all the way up to #15 in the 247 rankings.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
TBH, Im not sold on any of the 15 bigs outside of Diallo and Bragg.

Reaction Score
I don't think most of us would care too much about the composition of our teams (1 and dones vs. 4-year seniors), so long as we're contenders every year.

Kentucky has shown the 1-and-done model can be successful, with the occasional hiccup.

What I don't want to turn into is a program like Wisconsin, with (traditionally) a bunch of under-talented 4-year guys who play well as a team, but never win anything. Sure, they can talk about character and commitment, but they can't talk about championships.

Reaction Score
Ok so we only see tapes of "highlights" and that's tough. The one thing that flies out at me about Govan is he knows where the basket is, knows how to score the basketball without needing a flying high act…..he's a basketball player and Lord knows we need 6'10/250 lb basketball players………..in a nano second sign him up!

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Govan reminds me of Sullinger who played at OSU and now with the Celtics. Strong inside player that knows how to score. His defense needs some work but everything else about his game translates well at the next level.

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score
Unless your Kentucky. Which is what I want to see the future program under Ollie like. I don't want the Derrick Jones type. More like those super talented players who could be special in college and go on to be a HOF in the nba. But your plan A/plan B theory depends on the position for me.

You must be very young. The best part of the college game, for me, is to watch kids mature and develop over years in the program. Not in a million years would I want to be a one-and-done factory like Kentucky.

Reaction Score
I'll take any center inside the top 150 other than Govan.

I completely agree with you on Govan. I've seen him play multiple times. He's nothing more than a body; unathletic and worse lazy.

At the same time I seem to be a lot higher on Sharma than most. Although I do agree that Wisconsin has a serious edge over us in his recruitment.

Reaction Score
That's interesting especially since Jerry Meyer just moved Govan all the way up to #15 in the 247 rankings.

The rankings are a fantastic guideline and give us all a great starting point but don't take them as gospel. A scout can see guy on a good night and he'll skyrocket up. There's as much hype as there is evaluation. Go back and look at how many top 50 recruits don't pan out; then look at how many outside that excel.

Reaction Score
I don't think most of us would care too much about the composition of our teams (1 and dones vs. 4-year seniors), so long as we're contenders every year.

Kentucky has shown the 1-and-done model can be successful, with the occasional hiccup.

What I don't want to turn into is a program like Wisconsin, with (traditionally) a bunch of under-talented 4-year guys who play well as a team, but never win anything. Sure, they can talk about character and commitment, but they can't talk about championships.

I care. Personally I would be mortified if our program began to resemble that of kentucky. My absolute favorite part of being a UCONN fan is that sense of family, the sense that the players care and genuinely want to wear that jersey. Not just waiting to put on their NBA one.

If Shabazz and the past four years didn't convince you of that you're crazy.

Reaction Score
Pitino loves him, Ollie loves him, scouts rave about him, but I disagree with these guys. What do they know?

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
When I said I want our program to be like Kentucky I didn't mean the one and done model. I meant as far as having exciting college players that win and go on to be special in the NBA. John Wall is going to be the pg of a great wizard team in a few years. Demarcus Cousins is the most underrated bigs in the nba. He averages 23 and 11. Eric Bledsoe was killing it with the suns before he got hurt and Anthony Davis is a future great big. Patrick Patterson has played well for Toronto. They are going to keep putting more and more players in the league too. Their resume looks great in all areas. If we were to get players like that or keep finding these gems we have been getting to always have an experienced team. I have complete faith in the way Kevin Ollie will handle this team.

Reaction Score
When I said I want our program to be like Kentucky I didn't mean the one and done model. I meant as far as having exciting college players that win and go on to be special in the NBA. John Wall is going to be the pg of a great wizard team in a few years. Demarcus Cousins is the most underrated bigs in the nba. He averages 23 and 11. Eric Bledsoe was killing it with the suns before he got hurt and Anthony Davis is a future great big. Patrick Patterson has played well for Toronto. They are going to keep putting more and more players in the league too. Their resume looks great in all areas. If we were to get players like that or keep finding these gems we have been getting to always have an experienced team. I have complete faith in the way Kevin Ollie will handle this team.

Last time I checked the NBA wasn't short on UCONN alums and UCONN wasn't short on winners. I don't need to write some long list of player's resumes because we all know them already.

Fun fact: Shabazz has more rings than your entire list combined

Mike Honcho

Reaction Score
Last time I checked the NBA wasn't short on UCONN alums and UCONN wasn't short on winners. I don't need to write some long list of player's resumes because we all know them already.

Fun fact: Shabazz has more rings than your entire list combined

Understatement of the century. I'll take UConn's NBA starting five against Kentucky's NBA starting five.

UConn
PG- Kemba Walker (Shabazz)
SG- Ray Allen
SF- Caron Butler
PF- Rudy Gay
C- Andre Drummond

Kentucky
PG- John Wall (Rondo)
SG- Michael Kidd-Gilchrist
SF- Tayshaun Prince
PF- DeMarcus Cousins
C- Anthony Davis

Reaction Score
Understatement of the century. I'll take UConn's NBA starting five against Kentucky's NBA starting five.

UConn
SG- Ray Allen
SF- Caron Butler
PF- Rudy Gay
C- Andre Drummond

Kentucky
PG- John Wall (Rondo)
SF- Tayshaun Prince
PF- DeMarcus Cousins
C- Anthony Davis

Understatment? Come on man I'm on your side hahaha.

Mike Honcho

Reaction Score
Understatment? Come on man I'm on your side hahaha.

Haha true this. I was still offended by the original post. Apologies for the hyperbole.

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score

UConn
SG- Ray Allen
SF- Caron Butler
PF- Rudy Gay
C- Andre Drummond

Kentucky
PG- John Wall (Rondo)
SF- Tayshaun Prince
PF- DeMarcus Cousins
C- Anthony Davis

MKG and Tayshaun Prince? So no Eric Bledsoe or Jodie Meeks? Let's try to be impartial here...

Reaction Score
This is all gonna become irrelevant pretty soon, because there will be no more one-and-dones. Silver will see to that, and he has the backing of the owners on it. It's only a matter of time. So, basically just sign the very best players that you can going forward.

Reaction Score
Some players just want to eat more cheese for 4 years. Can you really blame them for wanting to play for Wisconsin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom