Top 50 Recruits | The Boneyard

Top 50 Recruits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Who are the top rated recruits we are going after next season? I went on ESPN and looked over the lists that shows the kids ranked in the top 50 which are considering/have UCONN listed. These lists can be BS. Heck the top player has us listed. Anyhow are any such as top rated Rabb not considering us that you know or any add-ons that are considering us that are considered top 50 etc?

Ivan Rabb (1)
Diamond Stone (5)
Cheick Diallo (8)
Isaiah Briscoe (19)
Allonzo Trier (23)
Moustapha Diagne (29)
Chase Jeter (35)
Dwayne Bacon (40)
Jalen Adams (46)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Who are the top rated recruits we are going after next season? I went on ESPN and looked over the lists that shows the kids ranked in the top 50 which are considering/have UCONN listed. These lists can be BS. Heck the top player has us listed. Anyhow are any such as top rated Rabb not considering us that you know or any add-ons that are considering us that are considered top 50 etc?

Ivan Rabb (1)
Diamond Stone (5)
Cheick Diallo (8)
Isaiah Briscoe (19)
Allonzo Trier (23)
Moustapha Diagne (29)
Chase Jeter (35)
Dwayne Bacon (40)
Jalen Adams (46)

Prince Ali and William Jackson have already verballed. From reading 3s posts here, UConn is talking to Diamond Stone, Diallo, Briscoe, Trier, Jalen Adams, Malik Newman, Jesse Govan, Derrick Jones, Jalen Brunson, and Josh Sharma. These are the 10 we've heard the most about. I believe Adams and Govan are priorities.

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
Rabb and Jeter dropped UConn from their list. Haven't heard anything between Bacon and UConn since the initial offer.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Anybody know if we're recruiting Aaron Falzon out of Massachusetts? He's a stretch 4, just outside the top 100.

Doesn't project as a great NBA player, but seems like the type of 4-year guy who good college teams tend to put to good use. Hoping he's at least on the radar.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Anybody know if we're recruiting Aaron Falzon out of Massachusetts? He's a stretch 4, just outside the top 100.

Doesn't project as a great NBA player, but seems like the type of 4-year guy who good college teams tend to put to good use. Hoping he's at least on the radar.
I don't get these type of sentiments. I want to win championships AND produce some of the best NBA prospects to keep watching

Matrim55

Reaction Score
I don't get these type of sentiments. I want to win championships AND produce some of the best NBA prospects to keep watching
Great future NBA players don't always make great college players. And the best schools win with a balance of both types of talent.

To be clear: I want us to get Bragg, first and foremost. That would be ideal.

But if we miss out on him, I think our chances of winning are improved more by getting a guy like Sharma or Falzon rather than a super-athletic "project" 4, a guy who gets a top 30 ranking based purely on upside but can't hit a shot outside of eight feet.

If we miss out on the guy who's both athletic and skilled, then I fall in the "skilled" camp for Plan B, even if that means we have one fewer lottery pick on the roster.

Reaction Score
Great future NBA players don't always make great college players. And the best schools win with a balance of both types of talent.

But if we miss out on him, I think our chances of winning are improved more by getting a guy like Sharma or Falzon rather than a super-athletic "project" 4, a guy who gets a top 30 ranking based purely on upside but can't hit a shot outside of eight feet.

If we miss out on the guy who's both athletic and skilled, then I fall in the "skilled" camp for Plan B, even if that means we have one fewer lottery pick on the roster.

I like Sharma's game - is it him we see playing with Adams in some of his video's and finishing with dunks?

Reaction Score
Not on board w/. Sharma, nor do I feel we really have a shot. B. Ryans to lose at this point.

In the end I think he is a bit soft to be honest.

Reaction Score
Not on board w/. Sharma, nor do I feel we really have a shot. B. Ryans to lose at this point.

Problem I have is every year I continue to see these long, skilled big guys for Bo Ryan and wonder how come we can't get any of them? This could be another in that line of his, maybe!

Matrim55

Reaction Score

Anything on Falzon? Or any other true stretch 4?

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I'll take any center inside the top 150 other than Govan.

Reaction Score
I'll go w/. CT on that, but Sharma is the last for more on that list. My overall list has Adams on top, but a BIG shortly behind.

Sorry....know nada RE: Falzon

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
I'll go w/. CT on that, but Sharma is the last for more on that list. My overall list has Adams on top, but a BIG shortly behind.

Sorry....know nada RE: Falzon

Which, if any, 5th year transfers are we interested in?

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
Why is that? Attitude issues or soemthing?
Saw him play last winter and he has no vertical leaping ability whatsoever. He will be a foul magnet at the next level and has absolutely no athleticism.

Reaction Score
Saw him play last winter and he has no vertical leaping ability whatsoever. He will be a foul magnet at the next level and has absolutely no athleticism.

by last winter do you mean his junior or sophomore year? by all accounts he is in a lot better shape his junior year than his sophomore year. If you saw him a few months ago and he's very unathletic, than that would be concerning.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score

Imo, bragg is the best player in his class. But do we have a fighting chance?

Reaction Score
Sorry if I missed something but are talking about Govan here? Because the way you worded the other post, made it sound like he's the ONE center in the top 150 you wouldn't take.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score

Unless your Kentucky. Which is what I want to see the future program under Ollie like. I don't want the Derrick Jones type. More like those super talented players who could be special in college and go on to be a HOF in the nba. But your plan A/plan B theory depends on the position for me.

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
by last winter do you mean his junior or sophomore year? by all accounts he is in a lot better shape his junior year than his sophomore year. If you saw him a few months ago and he's very unathletic, than that would be concerning.
Saw him in January. Still unathletic and can't get 2 inches off the ground.

Reaction Score
The way Kentucky does it sucks. I never want Uconn to be known as a school you can go to to be a one and done. I would love some one and dones here and there. But to have a team comprised of freshman year after year? Give me a break. I love seeing teams and players grow together over a 2-4 year period..best part about college basketball, and the reason why once again the way Kentucky does it sucks.

Reaction Score
Prince Ali and William Jackson have already verballed. From reading 3s posts here, UConn is talking to Diamond Stone, Diallo, Briscoe, Trier, Jalen Adams, Malik Newman, Jesse Govan, Derrick Jones, Jalen Brunson, and Josh Sharma. These are the 10 we've heard the most about. I believe Adams and Govan are priorities.
Unless there is a surprise your list pretty much sums it up. Would love to get either Stone/Newman or Govan/Adams.

Reaction Score
Unless your Kentucky. Which is what I want to see the future program under Ollie like. I don't want the Derrick Jones type. More like those super talented players who could be special in college and go on to be a HOF in the nba. But your plan A/plan B theory depends on the position for me.
I want to be nothing like Uk. They have no team - just top talent rotating in and out. I honestly think that if there was "one more Kensucky" it could possibly ruin the college game or at least make it less interesting.
Uk is only interesting to it's fans and the talking heads so they have something ridiculous to blather about every season. If most Uk fans were not such a bunch if hay seeds I would almost feel bad for them- yes you might get a NC on any given year- but you do not have connections to players and teams like we had with Kemba and Bazz (for example).
I love that part of the game and would never trade it for a "pro factory".

I do think a (meaning no more then 1 or maybe 2 in a odd year) one and dones can have the same effect as s a 5th year senior- if they give us what we need to get a NC I am all for it. I just do not want a team filled with kids dying to get out of the door. UCONN makes men of boys and we can be proud of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom