Top 50 Recruits | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Top 50 Recruits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
MKG and Tayshaun Prince? So no Eric Bledsoe or Jodie Meeks? Let's try to be impartial here...

Jodie Meeks? I get Bledsoe, but Meeks? Really? You mean the guy with the career average of a whopping 9 points and 2 assists a game? Yeah, he got to play this season on an AWFUL laker team where he and Nick Young took every shot. He's a mid-level bench player in the league while Prince is bona-fide professional for a long time and MKG is rising player for a rising team. Jodie Meeks, that's just silly.

Reaction Score
This is all gonna become irrelevant pretty soon, because there will be no more one-and-dones. Silver will see to that, and he has the backing of the owners on it. It's only a matter of time. So, basically just sign the very best players that you can going forward.

Bring on the new age of the 2 and through.

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
Jodie Meeks? I get Bledsoe, but Meeks? Really? You mean the guy with the career average of a whopping 9 points and 2 assists a game? Yeah, he got to play this season on an AWFUL laker team where he and Nick Young took every shot. He's a mid-level bench player in the league while Prince is bona-fide professional for a long time and MKG is rising player for a rising team. Jodie Meeks, that's just silly.

Then by that logic, you wouldn't want Bledsoe because he has averaged a "whooping" 9 points/gm, 3.4 assist/gm, and 3 rebounds/gm for his career right?

Reaction Score
True, Bledsoe is terrible too, thanks for catching me on that one.

In all seriousness; I gave Bledsoe credit because he is younger with more upside. Also, he just moved to a team that is planning on him being a leader and had a very good season on an over achieving team.

Meeks on the other hand, he's not growing, he is what he is. A guy who can score well enough to earn a paycheck. He is Jamal Crawford with a fraction of the talent. A black hole that hasn't seen a shot he doesn't love since he was 9 years old. He's a ball hog who is IN NO WAY a starter in the league the way Bledsoe will be for the next 10-12 years.

And if you need further proof watch the 2 play and you'll see what I mean. Or just wait til next year when Meeks goes back to the bench

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Meeks on the other hand, he's not growing, he is what he is. A guy who can score well enough to earn a paycheck...
He's an elite shooter, and a much more efficient player than Crawford. Pretty much any contender in the league (other than maybe San Antonio) would love to have him as their sixth man, or even a starter.

He's not an All-Star and never will be, and can't be the No. 1 or 2 option on a good team, but he's still a damn useful player.

Reaction Score
He's an elite shooter, and a much more efficient player than Crawford. Pretty much any contender in the league (other than maybe San Antonio) would love to have him as their sixth man, or even a starter.

He's not an All-Star and never will be, and can't be the No. 1 or 2 option on a good team, but he's still a damn useful player.

He may be more efficient statistically, but he's not close to the player that Crawford is.

Reaction Score

Elite shooter? Really? He's a very good shooter but elite. That's being VERY generous with the word. He shoots under 40% from 3 in his career and barely over 40% from the field. That my friend is not elite.

And the idea that any part of his game is better than Jamal Crawford's is laughable. The current 6th man of the year and soon to be 10th on the list of all time 3s made is not as good as jodie meeks, come now, that's insulting to Crawford. Not a GM in the universe that would take meeks over him

Reaction Score
He may be more efficient statistically, but he's not close to the player that Crawford is.

He's more efficient by about a percentage point in every category. I'll chalk that up to the fact that Crawford has taken thousands more shots in the 8 extra years in the league he has on meeks.

He's also taken a TON of big shots; something meeks will never know about because when the game is on the line he's most likely on the bench.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
The future of Kentucky in the NBA looks a lot brighter than UConns. With John Wall and Eric Bledsoe being up and coming PGs who are better than Kemba in the nba and Demarcus cousin probably being one of the best bigs in the game. Definitely the most underrated one. Not to mention Rondo, who when healthy is one of the best guards in the game. Kentucky players have done pretty well in the league and don't look like they're going to slow down any time soon.

Reaction Score
The future of Kentucky in the NBA looks a lot brighter than UConns. With John Wall and Eric Bledsoe being up and coming PGs who are better than Kemba in the nba and Demarcus cousin probably being one of the best bigs in the game. Definitely the most underrated one. Not to mention Rondo, who when healthy is one of the best guards in the game. Kentucky players have done pretty well in the league and don't look like they're going to slow down any time soon.

The thing is that once again, your list of uk players includes a grand total of zero rings. And oddly enough the single UCONN player you mentioned has one. Funny.

The way I see it if you want to see NBA success then be an NBA fan. John Wall and Demarcus Cousins and so on are indeed top NBA players on the rise, no argument here. But none of them care that they went to kentucky, it was just a stepping stone to them. I watched guys like Kemba and Shabazz pour their heart and soul into this team.

I'll take the championships, kentucky can have the nba all star game

Reaction Score

Who cares. The future for UConn players in the pros looks a lot better than most schools. Drummond will be better than any UK player outside of Davis. Kemba and Bledsoe are on the same level so you are reaching for that. I'd rather have the joy of watching Bazz for 4 years than any of those guys for 1 (and André as well).

Reaction Score

Your lovefest with UK is a bit weird. And let's not pretend that Wall and Cousins learned anything while there as we can all remember the video with both of them not even listening to Cal in the huddle during a tourney game. Anyway the future of UConn hoops is looking pretty damn good and no one really cares about the Wildcats iunless of course you want to watch the National final again?

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
HuskyWarrior611 said:
But they have a bunch of one and dones who make 0 development including academics who would have went straight to the league if they could have after hs and we develop players on the court and in the classroom....

Reaction Score

Neither Wall nor Bledsoe's numbers are appreciably better than Kemba's. And both play with a lot more talented players than Kemba does. Charlotte is pretty much Big Al and Kemba. They don't have anybody else that can score, which makes them easier to defend. Wall plays with Beal, Ariza and 2 good bigs.

Reaction Score
Who cares. The future for UConn players in the pros looks a lot better than most schools. Drummond will be better than any UK player outside of Davis. Kemba and Bledsoe are on the same level so you are reaching for that. I'd rather have the joy of watching Bazz for 4 years than any of those guys for 1 (and André as well).

Drummond WILL be better than Davis. And better than most we've ever seen before. You could see how special he was long ago. He's a monster and has the strength to dominate in the league that Davis lacks.

Reaction Score
Hey bro I think you got some remnants of a busted UK nut on your face, bad look

Reaction Score
Drummond WILL be better than Davis. And better than most we've ever seen before. You could see how special he was long ago. He's a monster and has the strength to dominate in the league that Davis lacks.

I'm not certain he'll be better but they'll both be high-level players in the league. I'll admit that Anthony Davis made a huge leap this year. He's a lot better offensive player than I thought.

Reaction Score
ESPN has us as the 40th rated recruiting class, is that because the verbals don't count yet?

Reaction Score
I'm not certain he'll be better but they'll both be high-level players in the league. I'll admit that Anthony Davis made a huge leap this year. He's a lot better offensive player than I thought.

Anthony Davis is a great player, but for me he'll never have the strength to be a true big man. For me he seems like a skinny LeMarcus Aldridge but shot blocking skills or a skinay DeAndre Jordan with a jump shot. He doesn't have what it takes to bang inside. Sure, he can bulk up, but then he's just a non skinny version of either one.

Drummond on the other, size and athleticism that hasn't been seen since Shaq. You don't have to do anything but throw the ball in their general area and let them do the rest. Shaq scored wayyyyy more points but he also played in a much different era, one where you actually got the big man the ball. And he had Penny to get it to him. Physical presence, Drummond isn't just tall, his wide and he's strong. You don't see real big men like him anymore. He will be the best big of his era. Only time can convince otherwise.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
It's not a love rest it's reality. UK is the other program that competes with us nowadays. They might not develop their nba products but they still go there. They're still Kentucky products in the eyes of the non uconn faithful. Let's not pretend Kemba is going to be better than either John or Eric in his career. Both of their numbers are actually significantly better in the points and assists area. Don't just compare Kemba and Bledsoe because Bledsoe isn't UKs only or best PG product right now. Same with drummond vs Davis. UKs best big man product is Demarcus which none of ours our competing with right now. My thing is if we got the players a Kentucky did Ollie would be able to do 10x more with those type of guys.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Bledsoe avg above 20 ppg and avg more assists in his first year starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom