TODAY!!!! SCar at NC State 5:00 EST ESPN | Page 5 | The Boneyard

TODAY!!!! SCar at NC State 5:00 EST ESPN

Reaction Score
The 3 freshmen, Johnson 0 pt, Rivers and Feagin didn't even enter the game, How can this be the #1 class? Azzi and Caroline are much better than those 3.
Much better? No. Yes it’s a separation between Azzi and the rest of the class, but the rest are pretty equal.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Still need more from the 3 and 4. No obvious change in any of the characters very very early in game 1 vs a strong opponent, though a pretty surprising amount of effective time for Littleton.
We're seeing the effect of having so much depth - if you want more PT, you better hustle when you're out there.

Reaction Score
Amihere added some scoring punch in second half.

It's interesting they kept Boston high to open up the paint for the guards and Amihere/Cardoso.

Big struggle to get the ball to post and when they did posts didn't act like they wanted it except - as usual - Amihere, who loves to possess the ball.

Reaction Score
Do y'all see Amihere starting over Saxton before the season ends?
No, although she’ll take minutes away if she continues to perform the way she did tonight.

Reaction Score
To the Gamecock fans - Is Saniya Rivers hurt ? I thought I caught a glimpse of her running off at the half, and she seemed to have a full mask on - protecting a broken nose, cheek, eye socket ??? Or was I seeing things ?
Broken nose.

Reaction Score
So you're judging a whole class based off the first game of the season against a top 5 opponent. Isn't that a little premature.
I am comparing both the freshmen in their first game. South Carolina does play the #5 NC State, but their 3 freshmen either zero point or not entering the game. This is just my own opinion only.

I agree totally we need to see more games for the conclusion.

Reaction Score
We played 10 players against the #5 team in the country. Amihere and Cardoso played a TON of minutes in the second half with the game on the line. We play Maryland, Stanford, perhaps Oregon, and perhaps UConn BEFORE Christmas. We have a few games where the Freshmen can get some time but the second half of this game wasn’t the time. Dawn has to figure out who the players are that can really play very quickly.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
We played 10 players against the #5 team in the country. Amihere and Cardoso played a TON of minutes in the second half with the game on the line. We play Duke, Maryland, Stanford, perhaps Oregon, and perhaps UConn BEFORE Christmas. We have a few games where the Freshmen can get some time but the second half of this game wasn’t the time. Dawn has to figure out who the players are that can really play very quickly.

Fixed

Reaction Score
I am comparing both the freshmen in their first game. South Carolina does play the #5 NC State, but their 3 freshmen either zero point or not entering the game. This is just my own opinion only.

I think they will play the next three contests against South Dakota, Clemson, and Buffalo. How they do in those contest will determine if they get time against Oregon/Oklahoma/ UConn/USF, as well as Maryland and Stanford December. I think we’ll have a better view of all freshmen by the Christmas break.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
What many may need to do and look at the SC roster to see there are 16 players, 10 of them Juniors and Seniors. This is as deep and talented team as UConn with MORE experience. For any of the freshman to really get time they need to bring something unique that SC is missing.
On the game tonight, I thought defensively that SC was very long, disrupting the passing lanes, affecting shots, limiting opportunities. They were a bit of a mess offensively, far too many turnovers and some poor 3 pt shooting and not even 10 assists.
But for a first game on National TV against another top team at their venue, it was a good game.
Now if one of the freshman guards can create better ball movement or hit lots of 3 pointers, they could earn playing time.

Reaction Score
We played 10 players against the #5 team in the country. Amihere and Cardoso played a TON of minutes in the second half with the game on the line. We play Maryland, Stanford, perhaps Oregon, and perhaps UConn BEFORE Christmas. We have a few games where the Freshmen can get some time but the second half of this game wasn’t the time. Dawn has to figure out who the players are that can really play very quickly.
Fixed

Duke was already referenced in TC22's post:

We have a few games where the Freshmen can get some time

:cool:

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score

Sounds like you’ve already reached your conclusion.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
I said "This is just my own opinion only." before. Do you read this?

And then I said "I agree totally we need to see more games for the conclusion." later. Do you read this?
I do not read this.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
With Boston underneath it looked like NCST was afraid to attack the rim and yeah 6 blocked shots contribute to that and yeah NCST was still within striking distance for most of the game. NCST needs Cunane to finish around the hoop and if she gets her shot blocked so be it but she will get fouled sooner or later. UConn will need Dorka and Liv to attack the basket against SC and attack the basket against every body else they play

jumpstart

WBB fan in general
Reaction Score
Game one...mission accomplished. I watched the bench during the game. The bench players were cheering and seemed very happy watching. It's a long season and South Carolina last year had a different leading scorer for just about every game. I am sure these freshmen knew what they were buying into. They are not stupid and they will wait their turn. They have 4 years to get into the limelight but I am sure next year will be their year to step up.

Reaction Score
Much better? No. Yes it’s a separation between Azzi and the rest of the class, but the rest are pretty equal.
Big separation from Azzi to the others as far ready to play day one for a loaded top ranked D1 team. Azzi will shine as a true, prob not as much as Paige did, but she will shine. All the others are in a lower level tbh.
let’s all stop with the Azzi is better than Paige stuff already. Paige showed as a true fresh she was the best women’s player in the country. Let Azzi have her own limelight, it will be well deserved, but Paige is the best player in the game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ranon

Top Bottom