TODAY!!!! SCar at NC State 5:00 EST ESPN | Page 2 | The Boneyard

TODAY!!!! SCar at NC State 5:00 EST ESPN

Reaction Score
Sick of meaningless exhibition threads. Let's talk about this year's "Tip Off Classic" in Raleigh NC. Two teams that have Final Four potential. Add atricles, comments, predictions arguments etc. I guess it will be shut down during the game.

Tuesday 11/09/2021
5:00 pm: ESPN

Jada Boyd injured and out for pack: https://www.newsobserver.com/sports/college/acc/nc-state/article254973172.html

VISITORS:

Laeticia Amihere15F6' 4"JRMississauga, AB
Brea Beal12G6' 1"JRRock Island, IL
Aliyah Boston4F6' 5"JRSt. Thomas, Virgin Islands
Kamilla Cardoso10C6' 7"SOMontes Claros, Brazil
Zia Cooke1G5' 9"JRToledo, OH
Sania Feagin20F6' 3"FREllenwood, GA
LeLe Grissett24G6' 2"SRDurham, NC
Bree Hall23G6' 0"FRDayton, OH
Destanni Henderson3G5' 7"SRFort Myers, FL
Raven Johnson25G5' 8"FRAtlanta, GA
Destiny Littleton11G5' 9"SRSan Diego, CA
Saniya Rivers44G6' 1"FRWilmington, NC
Eniya Russell2G6' 1"SOBaltimore, MD
Victaria Saxton5F6' 2"SRRome, GA
Olivia Thompson0G5' 8"JRLexington, SC
Elysa Wesolek32F6' 1"SRCharleston, SC

NC State Wolfpack Roster​

Team Roster

NamePOSHTClassBirthplace
Jada Boyd5F6' 2"JRPetersburg, VA
Jakia Brown-Turner11F6' 0"JROxon Hill, MD
Genesis Bryant1G5' 6"SOJonesboro, GA
Kai Crutchfield3G5' 9"SRRaleigh, NC
Elissa Cunane33C6' 5"SRSummerfield, NC
Sophie Hart32C6' 5"FRFarmington, MN
Madison Hayes21G6' 0"SOChattanooga, TN
Camille Hobby41C6' 1"JRJacksonville, FL
Aziaha James10G5' 9"FRVirginia Beach, VA
Diamond Johnson0G5' 5"SOPhiladelphia, PA
Kayla Jones25F6' 1"SRJamesville, NC
Kendal Moore15G5' 6"JRFayetteville, NC
Raina Perez2G5' 4"SRGoodyear, AZ
Jessica Timmons23G5' 8"FRCharlotte, NC
Sorry Boyd is injured, but news report states she ‘may’ have made a leap this year to starter.
So maybe first or second off the bench?
SC also has injuries.
Go Wolfpack.

Reaction Score
Sorry Boyd is injured, but news report states she ‘may’ have made a leap this year to starter.
So maybe first or second off the bench?
SC also has injuries.
Go Wolfpack.
Probably just LeLe will be out, though she was a factor in last year's rock fight.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Game day tomorrow!

Getting nervous
Me too. I just hope it's a good game and that BOTH teams shoot better from the field than they did in last year's showdown.

Reaction Score
Me too. I just hope it's a good game and that BOTH teams shoot better from the field than they did in last year's showdown.
Last year was a club fight. Let's hope we see some outside shooting to lessen the interior muggings.

Interesting time slot. 5:00. Begins a big ESPN lineup of two mens games and the CFB Playoff selection slot.

Reaction Score
Looking forward to this game tomorrow, what better way to start the season then a top 5 showdown?? Props to Coach Staley and Coach Moore - I anticipate the sold out crowd at Reynolds Coliseum is going to be rocking for the first game back for fans and welcoming the #1 team.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Probably cooking Chicken Tenderloins for dinner tonight. Hopefully that will bring good luck to the Wolfpack

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
I am really worried about Diamond Johnson, I have to admit.

I think both teams will play a lot better offensively. Lot of shots that could have gone in were missed last year.

That's a legitimate concern. She was the equivalent of Vinnie "Microwave" Johnson for the USA u-19 team. I think her dynamic drives and streaky outside shooting will help Cunane.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
You sure know them but I think they are somewhat of an unknown quantity to many not familiar with ACC WBB......I'd bet many here have no idea who Elissa Cunane is......

I'd think most do, but maybe you are right.
Proud Of You Reaction GIF

"We know Elissa...."
(those that follow the ACC, that is)

Reaction Score
Looking forward to this game tomorrow, what better way to start the season then a top 5 showdown?? Props to Coach Staley and Coach Moore - I anticipate the sold out crowd at Reynolds Coliseum is going to be rocking for the first game back for fans and welcoming the #1 team.

I hear ya. I am so excited to watch this game tomorrow. I cancelled practice and will have my high school players watching this game.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Probably cooking Chicken Tenderloins for dinner tonight. Hopefully that will bring good luck to the Wolfpack
I'll segue from the S. Carolina vs NC State game with some grilled pork tenderloins and, perhaps, a baked potato and salad into the ND-Ohio opening game. Guinness is ready. ;)

Reaction Score
The tip off times stinks. I appreciate that the ESPN "flagship" is carrying it on first basketball night but wish it had been an ACC Network game played at 8:00

Most fans in the Eastern time zone don't get off work until 5:00. While I imagine that fans of the two teams will rush home to watch, general wbb fans like those of UConn, Maryland and ACC teams will not rush home and may not tune in until the second half.

The majority of fans of SEC and Big ten schools won't leave work until 6:00 EST. Those who care may watch the final few minutes.

The game will be over before PAC fans leave work.

But, NC State has sold out the game and many Wolfies and Gamecocks. like me, will be leaving work early,

undersized

Iowa/Indiana/Big Ten Fan
Reaction Score
I wish NC State was at full strength. Unless their guards can play incredibly efficiently I'm predicting SC wins by 15+ points. Feel free to drag me when I ending up being wrong though. :)

Reaction Score
I wish NC State was at full strength. Unless their guards can play incredibly efficiently I'm predicting SC wins by 15+ points. Feel free to drag me when I ending up being wrong though. :)

I think South Carolina is going to try and run and also go straight at Cunane to get her in foul trouble. I'm not sure how NC State is going to want to play. The additions of Diamond and perhaps Hayes might make them comfortable playing at that pace.

NC State has the sellout, it's an early season game, much of South Carolina's depth is untested. I'll be happy with any win and not too upset with a loss. I'm curious who the betting favorite would be.

Reaction Score
The respective game plans are going to be important because of each team’s strengths and weaknesses.

NC State is small but quick on the perimeter and will likely leave Cunane operating alone inside. She’ll get hers but will have to do it against staunch post defenders in Boston, Saxton, and Cardoso.

I’m thinking the relative matchups go as follows among the starters:

Henderson/Johnson
Cooke/Perez
Beal/Brown-Turner
Saxton/Crutchfield (?) not sure about this one
Boston/Cunane

SCs newcomer guards may be called upon to try and handle State’s perimeter.

Should be a good game. I would be surprised if State wins this without a healthy Jones and Boyd out given their depleted frontcourt has to go up against arguably the best in the nation, but I didn’t expect State to win last year’s game, either, and they certainly got better in the offseason.

Regardless of the outcome this could legitimately be a future national championship game.

Reaction Score
I've been wondering if Dawn's strategy will be to get Cunane in foul trouble or try to exploit our size advantages at the 4. I guess it'll be a little of both. If Boston/Cordoso can absorb Cunane's attention, I don't think NC State will have an answer for Amihere/Saxton/Boston at the 4 and will disrupt the NC State game plan by forcing them to go with a larger lineup so that they can matchup on defense.

From a USC perspective, I really think this game will be determined by South Carolina's production at the 4 and the ability to force the NC State guards away from the perimeter.

Reaction Score
if NC St is without Jones and Boyd I'm thinking South Carolina by 13.........

Reaction Score
I've been wondering if Dawn's strategy will be to get Cunane in foul trouble or try to exploit our size advantages at the 4. I guess it'll be a little of both. If Boston/Cordoso can absorb Cunane's attention, I don't think NC State will have an answer for Amihere/Saxton/Boston at the 4 and will disrupt the NC State game plan by forcing them to go with a larger lineup so that they can matchup on defense.

From a USC perspective, I really think this game will be determined by South Carolina's production at the 4 and the ability to force the NC State guards away from the perimeter.

Amihere was somewhat effective last year but a mixed bag as she often is, Saxton was not effective offensively. That's about what I would expect again.

That spot was an offensive weakness last year, so I don't know that any team will object to having that the be the deciding matchup.

I'm hoping there is significant improvement there and at the 3, offensively. Just having comfortable easy strokes on open shots to stretch the defense would be so helpful.

Reaction Score
if NC St is without Jones and Boyd I'm thinking South Carolina by 13.........
Double digits is not what I anticipate. I have no reason to anticipate that my sphincter will be relax at any time before the final horn.

Reaction Score
Double digits is not what I anticipate. I have no reason to anticipate that my sphincter will be relax at any time before the final horn.
come on now........with that gigantic and talented front line against a weakened undersized opponent.......it's going to be easy pickings......:rolleyes:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom